Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Show them Vintage Bobbleheads (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=203460)

Stampsfan 12-25-2016 11:25 PM

LOL That's great. Love it.

Especially after yesterday's win!

yankeesjetsfan 08-28-2017 12:12 PM

As a bobblehead collector, I'm hoping to see some updated pics of everyone's collections. I, unfortunately, have yet to add any vintage nodders to my collection. All are modern pieces either given away at games or retail. My hope is to be able to add at least one vintage piece before 2017 is over.

Show The Off!

Mike

Lou Criscione 08-28-2017 02:19 PM

18 Attachment(s)
more on our web site: www.insidetheparkcollectibles.com

Bill Rayburn 08-28-2017 02:54 PM

Hey Lou...Great lineup

AustinMike 08-30-2017 08:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't have many and my collection is narrowly focused, but here are mine:

mr2686 08-30-2017 10:22 AM

Ok, so I have 2 books coming from Amazon, but I have a question that's really bugging me. Lou (or anyone else please) can you answer this: I have 3 round gold base baseball bobbleheads from late 60's early 70's...in fact, the Reds gold base in Lou's photo is just like one of them, anyway, do all of the ones from that "series" have round gold bases, or do some have gold square bases? Is it the color or the base shape that determines the series/years? Thanks

ooo-ribay 08-30-2017 11:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr2686 (Post 1696165)
Ok, so I have 2 books coming from Amazon, but I have a question that's really bugging me. Lou (or anyone else please) can you answer this: I have 3 round gold base baseball bobbleheads from late 60's early 70's...in fact, the Reds gold base in Lou's photo is just like one of them, anyway, do all of the ones from that "series" have round gold bases, or do some have gold square bases? Is it the color or the base shape that determines the series/years? Thanks

As far as baseball goes (I know nothing about the other sports), it is mostly color that determines the year, but some overlap of bases/colors can muddy the waters a bit. White or "color" square bases were first (early 1960's). Green round bases were the next "run" in the mid-1960s. Gold round bases were the last run.

In the picture I attached, there are a few that don't fit perfectly with my prior description. These are the 4th and 5th from left in the bottom row (color is not the usual) and the 1st, 2nd and 6th from left in the second row (heads are from other series). Without a super long explanation, these are either a) an amalgamation of parts from the factory or b) done as one series transitioned to the next. The far left in the top row is same, as it is either the head from a green base or the transition from green to gold.

I have never seen a gold square base, maybe because gold and square were not consecutive series.

perezfan 08-30-2017 12:15 PM

The Pirates had a gold square base version, that's not too tough to find.

Granted, it was released prior to the round gold base set, and is not related to that set. But it is a nice "mascot head" piece that's pretty affordable.

mr2686 08-30-2017 04:43 PM

Thanks guys. Although I'll probably not collect a lot of them, I would like to pick up a few more as accent pieces for my memorabilia room.
Funny, I've actually been looking for a Pirates mascot bobblehead (I like that type better than just a human head) and that's what really generated the question, since I don't think I've ever seen one with the gold round base.

ooo-ribay 08-30-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1696184)
The Pirates had a gold square base version, that's not too tough to find.

Granted, it was released prior to the round gold base set, and is not related to that set. But it is a nice "mascot head" piece that's pretty affordable.

Mark is right....there were 12 MLB "color bases" done in 1960-61 right before the all white square base series. The Pirates "color base" was gold and the other teams were various colors (Giants were orange). In the later "gold base" series, all were round except (I think) the Orioles and Cardinals...both had bird heads and stood on squareish "baseball base" bases.