Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   September Pickups (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=193271)

71buc 09-25-2014 11:44 PM

Those look great in the frames. I didn't know that Mike King Kelly was the subject of that film until I googled it. Me and my post war brain need to get out more:rolleyes:

Scott Garner 09-26-2014 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71buc (Post 1327024)
Those look great in the frames. I didn't know that Mike King Kelly was the subject of that film until I googled it. Me and my post war brain need to get out more:rolleyes:

I agree, nice Greg!

Mike, I love the Pirates eye patch. That's a keeper, for sure! ;)

Runscott 09-26-2014 09:36 AM

Wonderful frames, Greg. And very cool pennants.

perezfan 09-26-2014 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Beautiful frames/pennants, Greg.... What a stroke of luck, finding the perfect styles/sizes! Those two pennants are really unique!

And I LOVE that Pirates Eye Patch, Mike.... never seen one before... Gotta be one of very few remaining :confused:

Tying those two themes together (Pennants and that Eye Patch)... here's a pretty rare, circa 1960 Pirates Pennant with the same theme...

Runscott 09-26-2014 11:04 AM

MLB auctioned off the 'Marineros' jerseys last night, from Seattle's 'Latin American Beisbol' night this year.

I only wanted one, but didn't understand how the auction worked, and ended up with three. Got the main one I wanted - Paxton - plus Seager and Carson Smith. The Cano was awesome - pine tar all over it, and I was able to photo-match it. Unfortunately, it went for $2,800 so I got out of the bidding early.

One of these three will be the one I wear to the playoffs this year. yeah, right :(

perezfan 09-26-2014 12:41 PM

Very cool, Scott... and you never know.... 2 games out of the Wild Card with 3 to play. Stranger things have happened!

Who else did you get (besides Paxton?)

Runscott 09-26-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1327208)
Very cool, Scott... and you never know.... 2 games out of the Wild Card with 3 to play. Stranger things have happened!

Who else did you get (besides Paxton?)

I got Seager and Carson Smith. Probably overpaid, especially after seeing this morning that they added tax :(, but my thinking is that they only used this design for one day, so probably more valuable than 'normal' game-used jerseys, so perhaps I can use them for trade bait if I get tired of them.

I really, really wish others hadn't been so interested in the Cano!

bobfreedman 09-26-2014 02:05 PM

A35 Goodwin Round Album

5 Attachment(s)
One of the better conditioned Albums that I have ever seen. I posted this on the card side but I also thought that this is memorabilia piece as well. I am looking for ideas on how to display it and peoples thoughts on removing the string and or changing one of the pages for a better conditioned one if I were so inclined? Thanks

ooo-ribay 09-26-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71buc (Post 1327004)
Mark that is a beautiful Van Oeyen Gehrig. On a lesser note... I finally managed to pick up the black version of the 1971 Pirates scroll pennant and a 1960 Bucs eye patch with the original string. The pennant has a few flaws bit I'll take it. I have been looking to add each of these for quite awhile. It's funny how you look for items for a long period of time and suddenly they all appear at once. I'm fortunate to love odd bargain basement Pirate trinkets that require little competition:p

Great stuff!! I love the "odd bargain basement trinkets" too......but I always seem to have competition :mad:. A friend and I constantly "cost each other money."

71buc 09-26-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobfreedman (Post 1327229)
One of the better conditioned Albums that I have ever seen. I posted this on the card side but I also thought that this is memorabilia piece as well. I am looking for ideas on how to display it and peoples thoughts on removing the string and or changing one of the pages for a better conditioned one if I were so inclined? Thanks

Wow that's a beautiful item. I think it would be best for you to display it at my house;)

UnVme7 09-26-2014 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
5 Adrian Beltre game used bats from 2014:

UnVme7 09-26-2014 09:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic 2

UnVme7 09-26-2014 10:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2002ish Fred McGriff game used Cubs bat

UnVme7 09-26-2014 10:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic 2

39special 09-27-2014 08:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Got this a couple days ago. '62 Cubs scored score card vs. the Mets,6/8/62
First game of a double header at Wrigley.Mets beat the Cubs 4-3 to end there 17 game losing streak.

UnVme7 09-27-2014 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
1994 Stan Belinda game worn Royals jersey.

UnVme7 09-27-2014 10:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic 2

Horsehide Historian 09-27-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksfarmboy (Post 1318493)
Here's a couple of items my dad picked up for me antique hunting. The D&M bat is 35" and weighs over 40 0z.

Wow, Clint! The Baxter Springs Wizz Kids stuff is amazing! How did your pop ever come across those jewels?

eastonfalcon19 09-28-2014 09:59 AM

Giles NL Ball

2 Attachment(s)
Picked up this Warren Giles NL ball mint sealed in box. How much do these balls go for in mint condition?

CW 09-28-2014 11:15 AM

Gorgeous album, Bob! That's one of the coolest pieces of baseball memorabilia a collector can acquire, and you have it.

ooo-ribay 09-28-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1327208)

So close :(

Runscott 09-28-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 1328019)
So close :(

Yep. The Rangers really wanted to knock out the A's, but it wasn't to be. GREAT season, and unexpected, for the Mariners. Picked up two baseballs over the last two nights: Paxton strikeout of Trout from last night, and foul ball by Trout off Hernandez during his first inning strikeout today. Can't go wrong with Cy Young vs AL MVP, right? (sit down, Kluber).

71buc 09-29-2014 12:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1328030)
Yep. The Rangers really wanted to knock out the A's, but it wasn't to be. GREAT season, and unexpected, for the Mariners. Picked up two baseballs over the last two nights: Paxton strikeout of Trout from last night, and foul ball by Trout off Hernandez during his first inning strikeout today. Can't go wrong with Cy Young vs AL MVP, right? (sit down, Kluber).

Hi Scott, sorry I couldn't go to last nights game. I wasn't aware that you were at the game today. I know you jokingly refer to me as a hoarder. I am guilty as charged:o Nonetheless, I took a page from your book and also purchased a game used Mariners ball from today’s game. Coincidently I too picked up a ball pitched to potential 2014 AL MVP Mike Trout by potential 2014 AL Cy Young Winner Felix Hernandez. I thought it was cool that Felix clinched the ERA title today and this pitch was from Trout’s last at bat of the season in the top of the 4th inning.

Runscott 09-29-2014 08:46 AM

That must have been the pitch in the dirt. I was the 5th guy in line and I only saw two Hernandez/Trout balls. You must have been right behind me!

sayhey24 09-29-2014 09:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Have been looking for this Harry Coveleskie ad card for a couple of years -- very excited to finally add it to my memorabilia collection

Greg

Bumpus Jones 09-29-2014 02:03 PM

Nice!

dcdopson 10-01-2014 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71buc (Post 1325002)
Finally after searching for seven years I obtained my long sought after game one stub from the 1971 NLCS. When I started this project seven years ago my goal was to obtain ticket stubs from all of the post season games played by the 1971 Pirates. I prefer stubs as I want to know that the ticket was at the actual game. Along the way I also added an unused 1971 opening day ticket, a 1971 Pirates Season Pass, a 1971 World Series hospitality Pass, 1971 media passes for the NCLS games at Three Rivers and Candlestick, and World Series Media passes for both Pittsburgh and Baltimore as well as press pins for the Pirates and the Orioles.

There were a few difficult items to find. I only have seen one stub for San Francisco NLCS game one and two stubs for game two. I have no idea why they are such a challenge. The 1971 Season Pass is the only one I have ever seen. The unused opening day ticket is one of a pair I found but unfortunately I could not obtain both. These items were also the most expensive to add to the collection. The only ticket I am still searching for is a stub for September 1, 1971 at Three Rivers. Until I stumble across one the season pass will have to cover that date.

Have you tried HUnt Auctions?

71buc 10-01-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcdopson (Post 1328928)
Have you tried HUnt Auctions?

I check both Hunt and Collectible Classics regularly. Both sites normally have a good selection of Pirates items. For some reason this ticket has proven to be elusive. There was little media and public interest at the time. Compounding this there were only 11,278 fans in attendance. These factors likely contribute to the scarcity. This is my all time favorite team and the Sept. 1, 1971 stub serves as a symbol of what made that team so cool. They were Curtis Mayfield, Celia Cruz, Mick Jagger, Carlos Santana, and Johnny Cash dressed in mustard yellow, black, and white double knits. If that team had a soundtrack I think Santana's Jingo would have been perfect. I'm rambling, forgive me its an illness:o

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/24052540/
http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib...#axzz3Eud3r7kE
http://baseballguru.com/markusen/ana...arkusen01.html
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...D57F538FC9CCD6

dcdopson 10-02-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71buc (Post 1329003)
I check both Hunt and Collectible Classics regularly. Both sites normally have a good selection of Pirates items. For some reason this ticket has proven to be elusive. There was little media and public interest at the time. Compounding this there were only 11,278 fans in attendance. These factors likely contribute to the scarcity. This is my all time favorite team and the Sept. 1, 1971 stub serves as a symbol of what made that team so cool. They were Curtis Mayfield, Celia Cruz, Mick Jagger, Carlos Santana, and Johnny Cash dressed in mustard yellow, black, and white double knits. If that team had a soundtrack I think Santana's Jingo would have been perfect. I'm rambling, forgive me its an illness:o

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/24052540/
http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib...#axzz3Eud3r7kE
http://baseballguru.com/markusen/ana...arkusen01.html
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...D57F538FC9CCD6

Here is the game used kiosk contact at PNC, not sure if you have this or not. I'll check with a few of the local antique shops around here. PiratesKiosk@gmail.com

71buc 10-02-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcdopson (Post 1329337)
Here is the game used kiosk contact at PNC, not sure if you have this or not. I'll check with a few of the local antique shops around here. PiratesKiosk@gmail.com

Wow...thanks I appreciate the help. It certainly serves to take off a bit of the sting of last nights debacle.

Nashvol 10-02-2014 09:30 PM

One of my favorite pickups ever

1 Attachment(s)
I'm a few days late with this. Along with a "Happy Birthday" from my favorite forum (thanks Leon), I received this from one of my favorite grandsons (okay, they're all my favorites) Four-year-old Jackson sent it from Denver...

71buc 10-02-2014 09:32 PM

Now that's a keeper!

eastonfalcon19 10-03-2014 02:09 PM

Wow! My son is Jackson he will be 4 in December and he calls my dad "Pop". Great piece.