Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   REA Catalog (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=167473)

ValKehl 04-26-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger8mush (Post 1123208)
i read thru mine over the past two days, marked down what interested me, and tossed the book in the recycling bin in my house and put the bin near the door so I'd remember to empty the bin into the larger recyling bin outside in the morning. :D

Leon - Isn't tossing a REA catalog into the trash 2 days after receiving it grounds for expulsion from Net 54?? :D

Ken C. - FYI, at the beginning of this year, my wife and I sold our T/H in the hinterlands of Centreville and moved to an active-seniors condo out in the sticks of Manassas - I hope I receive my REA catalog before the auction ends!
Val

rjackson44 04-26-2013 08:45 AM

i just got the catalog today,no need for the gym im using it as dumbells,,,great stuff i cant afford :mad:

brob28 04-26-2013 09:18 AM

Got home late last night from a work related dinner to find the beauty on my office desk. While reading it in bed my wife commented on the cover (boston garters) and asked about the "cards of the men in their underwear". I responded that I was planning on bidding $50k on them. She said "ok with me". So as I see it I've got marital approval to spend $50k on some cards!

Edwolf1963 04-26-2013 10:21 AM

Wheel Chock

Needed something to keep the car from rolling down the driveway while not in gear. Problem solved! Thanks REA!

GoldenAge50s 04-26-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1123366)
You are probably correct Frank. That being said I have already had one long time member thank me for posting that. It really is important if you want a better experience on the board.

Yes, Frank read me right Leon, but the tip was also worthwhile, so all is good!

PS---I am still on catalog Page 20 today as I want to be sure I absorb ALL the superlatives about this Babe card! Not sure, but I think they left out "mind-numbing" & "paralyzing"!:)

Goodsport40 04-26-2013 11:36 AM

Made it to Nashville today!

Love the smell of this thing!

Unreal items as always.

gnaz01 04-26-2013 01:59 PM

Made it to Miami today :D

Matthew H 04-26-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s (Post 1123421)
Yes, Frank read me right Leon, but the tip was also worthwhile, so all is good!

PS---I am still on catalog Page 20 today as I want to be sure I absorb ALL the superlatives about this Babe card! Not sure, but I think they left out "mind-numbing" & "paralyzing"!:)

Nice... overdone internet auction descriptions become "good reading" once it's in the print catalog. It's magic.

joeadcock 04-26-2013 02:37 PM

Just got mine near tampa today
Happy

Peter W Thomas 04-26-2013 03:52 PM

Another in miami today

Amazing Zeenut group. Does anyone know the source?

Brendan 04-26-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4815162342 (Post 1123364)
So it's automatic?

Yes. Someone most likely set it up to pull from this forum's RSS feed. Either that or Leon set it up to syndicate (as simple as a few button clicks) and forgot about it.

I ordered my catalog five days ago from their website (just moved). Based on past experiences, how long should I expect to have to wait?

Leon 04-26-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendan (Post 1123532)
Yes. Someone most likely set it up to pull from this forum's RSS feed. Either that or Leon set it up to syndicate (as simple as a few button clicks) and forgot about it.

Since I have no idea how to tweet, except by mocking a bird, I doubt it was me. Maybe it's on cruise control? Heck, I barely know what an RSS feed is...though I am getting sort of hungry and need to feed myself.

Big Chief and Crayola- all you young whippersnappers can Google that!!

DHogan 04-26-2013 06:19 PM

I received my copy yesterday. It only took two days from the time I requested a copy until it hit my door step. Good stuff.

GoldenAge50s 04-26-2013 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
all you young whippersnappers can Google that!!

One of my favorite words when referring to the folks that never had the priviledge of growing up in the late '40's--early '50's to see the likes of Joe D, Johnny Mize, Jackie Robinson and maybe even Mickey Mantle play ball---or paid $.12 for a Sat matinee double feature of a couple of "oaters" w/ Roy Rogers & his side-kick, who used the term in every movie!

Ole' Gabby was from the same little town I grew up in---Wellsville, NY!

sycks22 04-27-2013 09:47 AM

Christmas arrived this morning in the Tar Heel state. Love the fold out of the Garters.

AMBST95 04-28-2013 04:42 PM

Mine came Friday. With both Heritage and REA arriving within weeks of each other, my wife definitely looked at me with raised eyebrows today while I flipped through some of it.

the 'stache 04-28-2013 05:02 PM

Well, having never gotten one of these, I had to go to REA's website. At the bottom of the home page is a link to "request a free cat". So naturally, I did just that.

Now each day the mailman does NOT bring it will only serve to increase my anticipation.

Julz24 04-28-2013 05:31 PM

Ordered the catalog on Tuesday. Received it on my doorstep Friday. Unbelievably fast service!

whitehse 04-29-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycks22 (Post 1123778)
Christmas arrived this morning in the Tar Heel state. Love the fold out of the Garters.

I just got my REA catalog on Saturday and as I opened it, my wife realized what the giant package was and said she would see me next week!! LOL I guess I tend to "check out" while looking through this huge catalog.

As for the fold out...dumb a** me thought it was a page that wasnt cut properly and thankfully I realized it was a fold out before doing any damage to it.

NewEnglandBaseBallist 04-29-2013 02:59 PM

Got mine today here in Salem and it makes War and Peace look like a supermarket romance novel.

CW 04-29-2013 06:05 PM

Received my copy at work today, and the front desk receptionist actually hand carried it to my work area.

She used to be an Olympic weight lifter in college.

the 'stache 05-01-2013 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewEnglandBaseBallist (Post 1124588)
Got mine today here in Salem and it makes War and Peace look like a supermarket romance novel.

Oh God, I've tried to finish War and Peace at least three times, and I just can't do it. Funny thing, as I tend to love Russian lit. Dostoyevsky is one of my favorite novelists.

ullmandds 05-01-2013 08:33 AM

It came!!!!

the 'stache 05-03-2013 11:12 PM

Just got mine in the mail today. If you are considering bidding in this auction, this is a must have. It's absolutely beautiful. I am stunned by the quality, and the attention to detail.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4...acatalogue.png

I will be reading this for the next three days at least. And if REA's auctions auctions are run with the same attention to detail, I will be a bidder/buyer soon. Wow!

The auction runs through the 18th of May, so you can still get a copy before it closes. Just go to REA's website, and ask to have a copy sent to you.

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/

Cardboard Junkie 05-05-2013 11:30 PM

Bingo! It arrived Sat. on The Big Island. Dave:)