Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SGC processing times (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=344119)

LuckyLarry 04-05-2024 12:19 PM

My latest SGC submission took 20 business days from the day it was marked received by SGC until they marked it as shipped. Cards arrived yesterday and interesting these were Menko cards like mentioned above. I sent in my Sadaharu Oh collection of 12 cards for slabbing here are the results:

1 card they did not grade (it's a 1959 Marumatsu Oh) marked SGC does not grade, and they refunded my fee.

2 cards got number grades both 1s

4 cards got Authentic slabs "Minimum Size Not Met" they look good to me

3 cards got Authentic slabs "Evidence Of Trimming" one had clipped corners, the others looked ok to me

1 card got Authentic slab no qualifier heavy wear on edges

1 card got Authentic slab "Altered" there is a heavy ink mark on the front.

https://i.imgur.com/zemzvmLl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UirekYWl.jpg

jjbond 04-14-2024 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLarry (Post 2424604)
My latest SGC submission took 20 business days from the day it was marked received by SGC until they marked it as shipped. Cards arrived yesterday and interesting these were Menko cards like mentioned above. I sent in my Sadaharu Oh collection of 12 cards for slabbing here are the results:

1 card they did not grade (it's a 1959 Marumatsu Oh) marked SGC does not grade, and they refunded my fee.

I emailed them, and got the reply that "Experts on our Identification Team were not able to find enough information on those specific copies." Which for some of my cards I could understand that there might be some confusion....but others, where there was a clear Menko number that matched the guidebook and wouldn't be confused with anything else....well??

Harliduck 04-16-2024 01:22 PM

Appreciate this post...came here to see if anyone was having more than promised wait times. Nothing critical, just a 3 card sub...but anxious to get them back as it's the last couple of a tough set. Logged received 3/19, now sitting at 20 days and no action. Again, no biggie but when they say 5/10 days, doubling that gets concerning. From reading this looks like I'll just be patient and it's now their norm...just wish they would communicate their new norm.

Snowman 04-16-2024 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harliduck (Post 2427181)
Appreciate this post...came here to see if anyone was having more than promised wait times. Nothing critical, just a 3 card sub...but anxious to get them back as it's the last couple of a tough set. Logged received 3/19, now sitting at 20 days and no action. Again, no biggie but when they say 5/10 days, doubling that gets concerning. From reading this looks like I'll just be patient and it's now their norm...just wish they would communicate their new norm.

In addition to backlog, wait times also depend on how obscure your cards are, as certain cards take longer for them to research.

I have a submission that was marked as received on 3/21 and went into post-grading processing on 4/10, but the grades still haven't posted. So they're definitely still backed up. It's all Topps, Bowman, Leaf, and Goudey stuff though, so nothing challenging for them to research.

Harliduck 04-24-2024 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowman (Post 2427285)
In addition to backlog, wait times also depend on how obscure your cards are, as certain cards take longer for them to research.

I have a submission that was marked as received on 3/21 and went into post-grading processing on 4/10, but the grades still haven't posted. So they're definitely still backed up. It's all Topps, Bowman, Leaf, and Goudey stuff though, so nothing challenging for them to research.

Well, that makes sense...these were 1953 Dormand Post Cards...not super rare but certainly not the norm. Finally marked as shipped yesterday...hoping to get them in hand in a day or so...

brunswickreeves 05-01-2024 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowman (Post 2427285)

Service level is making a difference with 1-3 days still on track.

bcbgcbrcb 05-01-2024 06:42 AM

Was just going to ask about that, good to hear that the immediate service level is still immediate. Wonder if some are going to start utilizing that more often on the bigger cards for a quicker turnaround time, especially for resale purposes.

brunswickreeves 05-01-2024 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb (Post 2430517)
Was just going to ask about that, good to hear that the immediate service level is still immediate. Wonder if some are going to start utilizing that more often on the bigger cards for a quicker turnaround time, especially for resale purposes.

Good thought…

theshowandme 05-01-2024 09:32 AM

Dropped off at Chantilly on 4/5

18 business days later, no movement

Bigdaddy 05-01-2024 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshowandme (Post 2430543)
Dropped off at Chantilly on 4/5

18 business days later, no movement

I dropped an order off at Chantilly on 4/6; shows shipped as of 4/30. These were all Post-War Topps cards, nothing out of the ordinary.

theshowandme 05-01-2024 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdaddy (Post 2430552)
I dropped an order off at Chantilly on 4/6; shows shipped as of 4/30. These were all Post-War Topps cards, nothing out of the ordinary.

Fingers crossed

Nothing they haven't graded before
  1. 1908 Stollwerck Album 10 I Leonardo Da Vinci Gruppe 426
  2. 1922 Felix Potin Renoir
  3. 1966 Lyons Maid #46 Pablo Picasso Famous People
  4. 1980 Topps #482 Rickey Henderson
  5. 1980 Topps #482 Rickey Henderson

Aquarian Sports Cards 05-01-2024 12:06 PM

92 card order dropped off at Chantilly on it's way back, so well under a month.

ValKehl 05-01-2024 09:06 PM

My 19-card order containing both pre-War and post-War cards was given to SGC at the Chantilly Show on April 5th. Graded cards shipped April 30th. The USPS says I will receive them on May 3rd.