Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Anyone else have any trouble with the Crazy Uncle auction last night? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=276022)

js95b1p 11-21-2019 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcy (Post 1932904)
Might be a generic address template for people to fill in and it wasn't filled in. Ala "Fill in you address, ala 'Joe Smith ABC Main Street...."

Keep in mind the company name and email address are on there, so some modification to the template occurred. Also note the invoice came from the AR email address listed in the invoice, which is different than the info email address listed on the website for communication. - jason schroeder

Leon 11-21-2019 07:09 AM

Names please.....

Everyone in this thread needs to have their full name next to their post, per the rules. If you don't want that then you can edit your response. All companies and people have a right, on this forum, to know who is throwing any shade their way.
Here is the rule at the top of every page in bold letters.

If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it.

Thanks

bobbyw8469 11-21-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1932933)
Everyone in this thread needs to have their full name next to their post, per the rules. If you don't want that then you can edit your response. All companies and people have a right, on this forum, to know who is throwing any shade their way.
Here is the rule at the top of every page in bold letters.

If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it.

Thanks

I put my name at the front a longggggg time ago to avoid any hassles. I hate having to watch what I say. And in this day and age, these companies should KNOW that they need to be above board. Too many charlatans out there, and too many legit ones too.

Peter_Spaeth 11-21-2019 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forceplay sport (Post 1932922)
I'm very curious why Bob, wont explain on this thread, especially since he responded twice and is convinced he knows why .........

Indeed. And no answer to the question about where they got the email list either.

the-illini 11-21-2019 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1932939)
Indeed. And no answer to the question about where they got the email list either.

I asked where they got the email list in a thread that was up about this auction house a few weeks ago and got a PM message saying that "Crazy Uncle auctions purchased a number of email lists". Nothing more specific than that.

Peter_Spaeth 11-21-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the-illini (Post 1932948)
I asked where they got the email list in a thread that was up about this auction house a few weeks ago and got a PM message saying that "Crazy Uncle auctions purchased a number of email lists". Nothing more specific than that.

Admittedly not a thorough search on the legalities, but the first thing I found.

Given that the specific rules in terms of buying/selling and/or sharing list lack total clarity, a general rule is that it is good practice to avoid buying or selling email lists. The buyer or seller of an email list can be liable for a CAN-SPAM violation – a criminal offense punishable by imprisonment. This arises when said buyer or seller either sells email addresses or sends emails to purchased addresses when he or she knew, or should have known by implication, that the list was the result of harvesting or was taken from a website or other service that warranted that it would not sell the users’ email addresses to third parties, the latter of which is commonly asserted in most websites’ ‘Terms of Service.’

Aquarian Sports Cards 11-21-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the-illini (Post 1932948)

Purchasing email lists is legal. Using them is murky. You have to have permission to have someone on an email list. How did you get that permission if you purchased the information?

EDIT: What Peter said.

jimjim 11-21-2019 09:31 AM

I think that they got the email list from Steiner Sports customer list. Aaron used to work for them before they went belly up. I have an old email address that I don’t ever use anymore, as well as, a new one. Both of them used to be Steiner Sports accounts. Both of them received unsolicited emails from Crazy Uncle auctions. I have not used the other email address for years.

Fuddjcal 11-21-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1932256)
Somehow the crazy uncle reminds me of:

Who can take a sunrise
Sprinkle it in dew (BABY)
Cover it in chocolate
and a miracle or two?
The candyman
The candyman can
The candyman can cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good

I wonder if they're still in Dothan.

you forgot Sammy's (BaaaBY) so I added it for you.

Fuddjcal 11-21-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmckee (Post 1932285)
Just got a friendly phone call from them explaining to me what happened. They are trying to tell me that I placed a ceiling and there were other bidders on there and that is how I got pushed up. The problem with that is their site was showing me winning at $39 when I placed my Max. Maybe the site wasn't refreshed... I guess that is possible or another gent bid within those seconds that I was winning and placed a Max. Possible I guess.

Anywho they told me they didn't like my attitude and that my invoice was being canceled. A Woooo Hoooo 1 less auction catalog on my counter.

Sadly I screamed a few pleasantries at the young man that I can't write here and hung up on him. Oh well he pushed my button and I snapped so hopefully he has thick skin..

I do wish them luck in their future auctions as I actually love their logo!

Kinda neat

Dan Mckee

You're the winner in this, who the F cares?

bobbyw8469 11-21-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1933006)
You're the winner in this, who the F cares?

He cares because his big got pushed up and he was bidding against himself. Period.

Peter_Spaeth 11-21-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1933026)
He cares because his big got pushed up and he was bidding against himself. Period.

Bob if you have a legitimate answer surely it's better to post it than to have people assume the above?

Fuddjcal 11-21-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1933026)

I meant he was the winner for them running the bid on it/him and THEN canceling his order and never having to do business with them again. :D

CobbSpikedMe 11-21-2019 05:38 PM

It's fascinating watching the reputation of this new auction house manifest here on the board and there is little to no communication by the auction house at all. It's like watching an accident happen in slow motion.

Luke 11-21-2019 07:13 PM

It's pretty hard to believe. The part about the items being from consignors and the AH not getting pictures uploaded until the last day was pretty shocking. Crazy that there is some more weird stuff happening.

1952boyntoncollector 11-21-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe (Post 1933084)
It's fascinating watching the reputation of this new auction house manifest here on the board and there is little to no communication by the auction house at all. It's like watching an accident happen in slow motion.

Stuff trumps all. If next auction has nice stuff with great PSA cards, from the right years with razor sharp corners..well maybe not that last one..but you know what i mean

Aquarian Sports Cards 11-21-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe (Post 1933101)

Kinda depressing for some of us. :(

moeson 12-04-2019 02:26 PM

So I had the misfortune of winning a lot and have not received the cards over two weeks after payment. Their phone message box is full and there has been no response to emails. Nice start!

Howie Schenker

JackW 12-04-2019 02:34 PM

Not sure how you paid, but to be fair, if it was by check, I know of at least one other auction house that waits two weeks for checks to clear.

moeson 12-04-2019 02:41 PM

I paid by credit card. I wouldn't mind the delay, but they don't communicate.

bnorth 12-04-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moeson (Post 1936088)

PM them directly through this site it worked for another member with the same problem.

Aquarian Sports Cards 12-04-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackW (Post 1936087)
Not sure how you paid, but to be fair, if it was by check, I know of at least one other auction house that waits two weeks for checks to clear.

I will say as a small company I have to wait for checks to clear. Eating a big check could kill me. That being said my bank advised me that 5 business days is more than safe now-a-days.

moeson 12-04-2019 03:16 PM

I paid by credit card the day of invoicing.

Aquarian Sports Cards 12-04-2019 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moeson (Post 1936106)
I paid by credit card the day of invoicing.

I got nothing.

JackW 12-04-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moeson (Post 1936088)

Wow. Sorry about your situation.

ullmandds 12-04-2019 04:11 PM

has anyone received their winnings from this quality outfit?

carlsonjok 12-05-2019 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1936120)
has anyone received their winnings from this quality outfit?

No. In my case, they created a shipping label last Friday, November 29. But, as of this morning the status on the tracking number is "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item."

Peter_Spaeth 12-05-2019 06:51 AM

Not ready for prime time, apparently.

moeson 12-05-2019 06:52 AM

At the suggestion of a fellow member, I messaged Aaron here last night. So far it's been "crickets".

hcv123 12-05-2019 08:05 AM

I guess

the proprietors of Crazy Uncle Auctions never heard the expression:

You only have 1 chance to make a good first impression.

I hope this is just poor business practice, lack of preparation and dismal customer service and nothing worse.

ullmandds 12-05-2019 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcv123 (Post 1936270)
the proprietors of Crazy Uncle Auctions never heard the expression:

You only have 1 chance to make a good first impression.

I hope this is just poor business practice, lack of preparation and dismal customer service and nothing worse.

it's hilarious I quote various sayings and idioms at work all the time...to mostly youngsters...and they usually scoff at them.

A patient of mine who is a teacher told me the other day that the kids today expect "do overs" for practically everything so they do a half assed job the first time figuring they will have a chance to "do it again!"

hcv123 12-05-2019 10:22 AM

I totally relate!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1936273)
it's hilarious I quote various sayings and idioms at work all the time...to mostly youngsters...and they usually scoff at them.

A patient of mine who is a teacher told me the other day that the kids today expect "do overs" for practically everything so they do a half assed job the first time figuring they will have a chance to "do it again!"

Millenial=ENTITLED

JackW 12-05-2019 10:48 AM

But it's so many boomers in this hobby who repeatedly have shown the willingness to turn a blind eye toward the questionable and downright fraudulent people and businesses. The "do over" business plan works very well in this hobby, because so many people aren't willing to call a spade a spade, which allows the questionable businesses to keep rolling right along.

moeson 12-05-2019 11:00 AM

Someone won, and presumably paid $39K for a 52 Mantle in that auction!

My lot was less than $200. Though I really wanted the cards (51 Bluebacks), it's time to call the credit card company.

ullmandds 12-05-2019 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcv123 (Post 1936312)
Millenial=ENTITLED

my patient was referring to whatever generation the teenagers are today!

ullmandds 12-05-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackW (Post 1936315)
But it's so many boomers in this hobby who repeatedly have shown the willingness to turn a blind eye toward the questionable and downright fraudulent people and businesses. The "do over" business plan works very well in this hobby, because so many people aren't willing to call a spade a spade, which allows the questionable businesses to keep rolling right along.

the "boomers" are heavily invested and don't want to lose their eggs!

js95b1p 12-05-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moeson (Post 1936257)
At the suggestion of a fellow member, I messaged Aaron here last night. So far it's been "crickets".

I called as well and left an SMS message since the voicemail was full. I also sent an email with no response as of yet. - jason schroeder

moeson 12-05-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js95b1p (Post 1936335)
I called as well and left an SMS message since the voicemail was full. I also sent an email with no response as of yet. - jason schroeder

Aaron just sent me a message saying I should have tracking by tomorrow.

BosseFieldBoy 12-05-2019 01:42 PM

Where are my items?

I paid via credit card on Nov. 21. I've never even received a shipping confirmation. I've emailed 3 times with no response. I called today and their mailbox is full, which is no surprise based on the other posts.

Has anyone had any lucky speaking to anyone from Crazy Uncle?

Thanks,
Mike Henry

Shoeless Moe 12-05-2019 02:21 PM

I heard they were going to change the name to Lazy Uncle, but they never got around to it.

Peter_Spaeth 12-05-2019 02:36 PM

Candiman is looking good by comparison.

RedsFan1941 12-05-2019 03:01 PM

maybe aaron is traveling again. If the queen mary doesn’t dock soon perhaps he can send a cable to explain the delay.

brianp-beme 12-05-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe (Post 1936372)
I heard they were going to change the name to Lazy Uncle, but they never got around to it.

In their defense, that would require a lot of scratching out the 'CR' and writing a "L' on their letterhead. Which will take a LOT of ink.

Brian

Shoeless Moe 12-05-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 1936381)
In their defense, that would require a lot of scratching out the 'CR' and writing a "L' on their letterhead. Which will take a LOT of ink.

Brian

Oh great now you told them how to do it. I was gonna see if they'd eventually figure it out on their own.

pokerplyr80 12-05-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1936373)
Candiman is looking good by comparison.

Has it been established they aren't working together? I can't say I'm sorry I missed this auction.

Peter_Spaeth 12-05-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1936418)
Has it been established they aren't working together? I can't say I'm sorry I missed this auction.

Has Aaron even posted since Dan McKee questioned whether he was run up and Bob declined to explain what happened?

ullmandds 12-05-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1936421)
Has Aaron even posted since Dan McKee questioned whether he was run up and Bob declined to explain what happened?

i dont believe aaron has ever posted...has he?

Peter_Spaeth 12-05-2019 05:19 PM

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=276003

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=275564

RedsFan1941 12-05-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1936422)
i dont believe aaron has ever posted...has he?

he travels a lot

ullmandds 12-05-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 1936425)
he travels a lot

I stand corrected...ya seems like whenever i used to call Bill Goodwin about my $$$$ he was always at disney world!