Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Not to get back to Kaepernick , but (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=240412)

dgo71 06-19-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman (Post 1672583)
Do you know how to shut Kaepernick up? Ask him to name just one of the hundreds of young black males murdered by another young black male last year. He couldn't name one if his life depended on it.

So you're saying people committing crimes on one another is the same thing as institutionalized racism? It's ok for white cops to treat black suspects differently because black people at times kill other black people? What is the point you're trying to make?

Cliff Bowman 06-19-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgo71 (Post 1672668)
So you're saying people committing crimes on one another is the same thing as institutionalized racism? It's ok for white cops to treat black suspects differently because black people at times kill other black people? What is the point you're trying to make?

What is the ratio of black men killed by cops as compared to black men killed by other black men? Don't hold me to this, but I remember hearing the number 60 to 1. Which one is by far the greater threat to the black community? Which one is ignored, and which one is covered wall to wall when it happens? I will forever have the names Trayvon Martin, Philando Castille, Michael Brown, Laquan McDonald, Freddie Gray, Eric Garner stuck in my head through the wall to wall saturation from the media. There are also the gentlemen in Louisiana, South Carolina, and Oklahoma whose names I can't think of but certainly remember the incidents. I couldn't tell you the name of a black on black murder victim to save my own life. The media purposely ignores those and sweeps them under the rug. I am saying that liberals and the black community have their priorities way out of whack and are ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

Cliff Bowman 06-19-2017 06:41 PM

If any those of black men that I named were killed by another black man rather than a cop or a white man, would you or I have ever heard of them? Absolutely not.

vintagetoppsguy 06-19-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 1672590)
Schilling's is that there's a lot of hatemongering in him and he makes people uncomfortable. He's insulted the transgender community...

And what do you say about this?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-straight.html

Because it was made by a lefty perverted freak, I suppose that makes it OK, right? And you seriously question what Schilling has against the transgender freak community?

dgo71 06-19-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman (Post 1672674)
What is the ratio of black men killed by cops as compared to black men killed by other black men? Don't hold me to this, but I remember hearing the number 60 to 1. Which one is by far the greater threat to the black community? Which one is ignored, and which one is covered wall to wall when it happens? I will forever have the names Trayvon Martin, Philando Castille, Michael Brown, Laquan McDonald, Freddie Gray, Eric Garner stuck in my head through the wall to wall saturation from the media. There are also the gentlemen in Louisiana, South Carolina, and Oklahoma whose names I can't think of but certainly remember the incidents. I couldn't tell you the name of a black on black murder victim to save my own life. The media purposely ignores those and sweeps them under the rug. I am saying that liberals and the black community have their priorities way out of whack and are ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

Why should one thing outweigh the other? Black-on-black crime exists, so that somehow negates or minimizes the problem that racism still exists as well? Of course not, because one problem has nothing to do with the other. They are BOTH problems, and trying to turn focus to black-on-black crime serves only to draw focus away from racism.

Cliff Bowman 06-19-2017 08:23 PM

I was off on the 60 to 1 ratio, after googling it, it is about 40 to 1. According to FBI statistics, from the years 2009 to 2012, the yearly total is on average 4,472 blacks killed by other blacks, and the yearly total average of blacks killed by police both justified and unjustified is 112. So it would take 40 years of police killing blacks to equal one year of blacks killing blacks. Chicago's death toll from 2001 to 2015 was 7,401, the death toll from Iraq and Afghanistan combined in the same time period is 8,321. From 1999 to 2011, 2,151 whites were killed by police compared to 1,130 blacks. Yes, I know there is a higher ratio of whites to blacks in America. I could cite many more statistics but I believe those would get me branded as a racist bigot :rolleyes:.

dgo71 06-19-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman (Post 1672713)
I was off on the 60 to 1 ratio, after googling it, it is about 40 to 1. According to FBI statistics, from the years 2009 to 2012, the yearly total is on average 4,472 blacks killed by other blacks, and the yearly total average of blacks killed by police both justified and unjustified is 112. So it would take 40 years of police killing blacks to equal one year of blacks killing blacks. Chicago's death toll from 2001 to 2015 was 7,401, the death toll from Iraq and Afghanistan combined in the same time period is 8,321. From 1999 to 2011, 2,151 whites were killed by police compared to 1,130 blacks. Yes, I know there is a higher ratio of whites to blacks in America. I could cite many more statistics but I believe those would get me branded as a racist bigot :rolleyes:.

Since you really said nothing new...
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgo71 (Post 1672712)
Why should one thing outweigh the other? Black-on-black crime exists, so that somehow negates or minimizes the problem that racism still exists as well? Of course not, because one problem has nothing to do with the other. They are BOTH problems, and trying to turn focus to black-on-black crime serves only to draw focus away from racism.

Cliff Bowman 06-19-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgo71 (Post 1672712)

Why should one outweigh the other??? I never see any discussions here or from Kaepernick about black on black crime. All I hear about is the much smaller cops killing blacks problem. By the way, it made me sick to my stomach when I heard that the Minnesota cop got away with murdering Castile. I absolutely agree he should be doing time for his utter incompetence.

barrysloate 06-20-2017 04:07 AM

This is why politics shouldn't be allowed on the board.

KMayUSA6060 06-20-2017 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1672756)
This is why politics shouldn't be allowed on the board.

This is also why Kaepernick doesn't have a job. This would be going on among a fan base.