Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   See Ya Guys (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=238097)

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 04-10-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basesareempty (Post 1649571)
What is "lame" is any fellow member of this board private messaging another member and telling them
"Between you and me you are an insult to every decent person on this site."

The person that did this is "lame' in my book and a 24 karat jackass to boot!!!

+1

jb217676 04-10-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basesareempty (Post 1649571)
What is "lame" is any fellow member of this board private messaging another member and telling them
"Between you and me you are an insult to every decent person on this site."

The person that did this is "lame' in my book and a 24 karat jackass to boot!!!

That type of language sure does rank higher on the lame-o-meter

ramram 04-10-2017 01:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 269042

clydepepper 04-10-2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1649341)
+1 plus that guy that pmed you said " your an insult to every decent person on the board" ? there arent any decent people on this board so dont worry about that

Jake- I'd like to give a shout-out to the overwhelming percentage of members that are decent people...and I include myself.

I've never met any of them in person, but they all have treated me with respect since I joined...and I try to do the same.

Sometimes, I decide not to 'join in'...frequently, less damage is done that way.

basesareempty 04-10-2017 07:15 PM

1-Everyone has an opinion. I couldn't possibly care less about most!
2- Leon- since JB is engaging me directly isn't he required to post his full name?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb217676 (Post 1649598)
That type of language sure does rank higher on the lame-o-meter

jb217676 04-10-2017 07:24 PM

Hi Bob,
Jeff Betts was referring to the insulting language you said another member was using. It was not a comment directed to you. You are a sensitive one.

orly57 04-10-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1649341)
+1 plus that guy that pmed you said " your an insult to every decent person on the board" ? there arent any decent people on this board so dont worry about that

Come on Jake, you are way off base! This board is full of card dealers, attorneys, and, well...ok, maybe you are on to something. Just kidding of course. 15% of all populations are assholes. I made that statistic up, but I firmly believe it.

Stonepony 04-10-2017 10:08 PM

"Come on Jake, you are way off base! This board is full of card dealers, attorneys, and, well...ok, maybe you are on to something."

Now that's Funny!!!!!

Kenny Cole 04-10-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orly57 (Post 1649762)
Come on Jake, you are way off base! This board is full of card dealers, attorneys, and, well...ok, maybe you are on to something. Just kidding of course. 15% of all populations are assholes. I made that statistic up, but I firmly believe it.

I'm one of those attorneys, so I'm kind of used to the stupid, pointless emails telling me ridiculous and ignorant stuff. Life goes on. You shouldn't let idiots affect you. Idiots are everywhere, not just on this board. They can't dictate your life. That's my take.

I've been flamed here sometimes, and I've flamed people here. Hopefully you can either agree or agree to disagree respectfully. I have sometimes failed to do that, but that should be the goal IMO.

There are people on this board I detest, and who detest me. Fair enogh.
There are others on this board who I admire greatly. Whether I admire or detest them, I would hope that diversity helps keep this board strong. BS pms, IMO, reflect a coward, so that isn't on you. Its on them. If you have a problem, get it out there and up front so it can be addressed and don't be a chickensh*t about it. My take. Feel free to send me BS pms if you are a coward and can't do it up front. I will probably take the bait and respond.

Kenny

basesareempty 04-11-2017 06:02 AM

Jeff thanks for posting your name. Just wanted to know who I was speaking with. I stand by my original statement that the person who sent the PM is either a Jackass or a mental midget that needs to get a life or find another hobby. Not sensitive at all. I just do not take kindly to keyboard bullies. At the end of the day these are just little pieces of cardboard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb217676 (Post 1649732)
Hi Bob,
Jeff Betts was referring to the insulting language you said another member was using. It was not a comment directed to you. You are a sensitive one.

basesareempty 04-11-2017 06:04 AM

Orlando I believe your estimation is on the low side!

Quote:

Originally Posted by orly57 (Post 1649762)

orly57 04-11-2017 06:12 AM

I understand your confusion: 15% assholes is dead-on. However, I failed to mention that my theory does acknowledge another 15% of the population who are miserable and unhappy. While often displaying similar characteristics to the "asshole population," they are distinguishable.

jb217676 04-11-2017 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basesareempty (Post 1649807)
Jeff thanks for posting your name. Just wanted to know who I was speaking with. I stand by my original statement that the person who sent the PM is either a Jackass or a mental midget that needs to get a life or find another hobby. Not sensitive at all. I just do not take kindly to keyboard bullies. At the end of the day these are just little pieces of cardboard.

No worries Bob, just having some fun with you guys!
Jeff