Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What was the culture of this forum a decade ago? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=177455)

ullmandds 10-22-2013 10:43 AM

me too! I tried to follow in Barrys' footsteps after he gave up...but soon realized it was a battle that could not be won!!!!!!!

drcy 10-22-2013 11:08 AM

Proper grammar can ruin a perfectly good sentence.

Rob D. 10-22-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcy (Post 1197956)
Proper grammar can ruin a perfectly good sentence.

I think it should be "perfectly well sentence."

barrysloate 10-22-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterose4hof (Post 1197918)
Barry, did you correct grammar in addition to spelling errors? It seems like that would be a full-time job.

I did Chris, and it was a thankless task. My contention is if you want people to read your posts, please write clearly. There are so many posts I read that I have no idea what I am reading. Simple sentences go a long way.

Runscott 10-22-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1197991)
There are so many posts I read that I have no idea what I am reading. Simple sentences go a long way.

Do you mean that you read so many posts that you get confused, or do you mean that you read many confusing posts?

Zach Wheat 10-22-2013 12:24 PM

KS

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffins (Post 1197631)
Kevin was banned from CU years ago, they even pulled all his SMR articles. He never went back on with an alt.
The only place he posts these days is Facebook.

Yes probably old posts or the FC board. Sorry to hear about his wife which has now been the focus of his time...which is as it should be.

Z Wheat

barrysloate 10-22-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1197995)
Do you mean that you read so many posts that you get confused, or do you mean that you read many confusing posts?

That's confusing.:(

frankbmd 10-22-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1198051)
That's confusing.:(

The defusion

of confusion

and collusion

is an illusion.

Sterling Sports Auctions 10-22-2013 10:23 PM

That was very thought provoking, Frank.

Yes, there was some confusion earlier in the thread that I was referenced as being missed, but it was intended for my brother Jay who no longer resides here. It is kind of sad that I am not missed but I guess if you don't go away you can't be missed. :-)

As far as 10 year ago I was thought to be one of the younger participants on the board but those days are past, it was great when the 16 year Zach came aboard and impressed us all at an early age and still going strong.

The site has been great and have made some wonderful friends through the site and probably had a little to do with now owning Sterling, It is great to be able to have a job in a hobby you love. I have gotten alot of support from the people on Net54, Thanks.

How else would have all us collectors of old cardboard been able to hob knob together and actually know what we are talking about.

Hopefully this question gets asked again in 10 years,

Lee