Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   O/T Batten Down the Hatches (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=158229)

mrvster 10-28-2012 08:29 AM

Everyone was fishing in lbi yesterday kevin....

Kevin.....

I hear ya.....im a stones throw away.....everyone was down the beach yesterday trying to catch some stripers in long beach island....luckily i got out thurs and crushed "em:D...

one good thing is think they will cancel jury duty for me monday:)

im right on the waterfront front and shitting a pickle:o

Barry...

Big ups to BRooklyn:D

Thanks Clayton, Chris, and all the rest texting/calling me....

YOU GUYS ROCK!!

Ladder7 10-28-2012 08:43 AM

Times like these give us the rare time to converse, at length to those that are closest to us. On the positive side, The waves at OBX are sensational.

kdixon 10-28-2012 08:53 AM

Storms

My wife and I were in Jamaica and left the day before Sandy hit so we were lucky.

Big Six 10-28-2012 09:07 AM

Sandy...

Just west of bridgeport...really hoping to avoid damage this year...Irene and Alfred kicked my a$$ last year and don't want to go through that again...Be safe everyone!!!

martin neal 10-28-2012 09:49 AM

Just drove down to Gloucester, Virginia from Charlottesville to check on my new boat, a 35 foot Cal Cruiser pilothouse (sailboat). I just sold a large part of my collection to a fellow board member and purchased this boat Thursday morning. On Thursday afternoon I was informed that I could not get insurance until the hurricane has passed by, even with USBOAT with whom the previous owner had her insurance with. So now, I am in McDonald's (free wifi) anxiously and hopefully waiting for the tide to drop (low tide around 2 pm. ) enough for me to make it to the marina. Right now there is over a foot and a half of water on the road and by high tide tonight, I imagine that most of those homes along the road will have two to three feet of water rearranging their furniture. Growing up on the outer banks of North Carolina, I have been thru a lot of nor'easters and hurricanes and this one feels a little different. There is a lot of water in front of this storm and and with the nearly nfull moon, this storm could be very destructive.

If the boat doesn't get destroyed, I will be sailing (moving) from here to St. Thomas on November 10th. I plan on being there for Christmas. Yee-Haw!!

Go Heels! 43-35 over N.C. State

z28jd 10-28-2012 09:50 AM

Johnny, that water right in your front yard has a pretty bad name, and some stories to go along with it. Don't want to give away your exact location, so we will leave it as an inside story :)

As for Kevin, they say if you put a Taylor Shaffer OJ on your front door, it will scare away any storm. Just go ahead and do that so you can sleep great and not worry about your house.

As for me, I live on 4.9 acres in west/central Jersey, approx 5.0 acres of it is covered with trees so good luck with that for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvster (Post 1048108)
Kevin.....

I hear ya.....im a stones throw away.....everyone was down the beach yesterday trying to catch some stripers in long beach island....luckily i got out thurs and crushed "em:D...

one good thing is think they will cancel jury duty for me monday:)

im right on the waterfront front and shitting a pickle:o

Barry...

Big ups to BRooklyn:D

Thanks Clayton, Chris, and all the rest texting/calling me....

YOU GUYS ROCK!!

mrvster 10-28-2012 09:56 AM

Johnny.....

There you are!!!stopped by grandpa's the other day to say hi.....dude....im worried:eek:

call me if you can....:D

I'm putting my waders on.....

mrvster 10-28-2012 10:01 AM

no tuna trips going out....

all boat activity cancelled for a while:mad:

AndyG09 10-28-2012 03:03 PM

Stay safe, friends. Johnny V, keep those circus freaks dry!

Best,

Andy

ullmandds 10-28-2012 03:24 PM

Good luck martin...can i come?

kmac32 10-28-2012 05:26 PM

First annual NYC/SGC Prewar cardboard boat regatta?

deebro041 10-28-2012 06:16 PM

Good luck to our fellow collectors in the east during this storm and I wish you, your friends and family a Safe Storm Sandy!

kcohen 10-28-2012 06:29 PM

I have a house in Ocean City, MD built out over water on the bay, four blocks from the ocean. Today, the tide water was already up over the deck. Since 1966, when the house was built, the water has never risen high enough to enter the house which is about 3 feet above the level of the deck. I guess there's a first time for everything. Like all of us property owners in coastal areas, all we can do is hope for the best.

Good luck to all.

Ken

mrvster 10-28-2012 07:10 PM

Andy......

Thanks man.....i appreciate it.....you rock.....:)

wazoo 10-28-2012 07:36 PM

I got a day off!

Paul S 10-29-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazoo (Post 1048297)
I got a day off!

My electricity is kind of off...flickering. It's a pain having to reset the oven clock.

wazoo 10-29-2012 09:10 AM

So sorry to hear that :(

Tobacco&Gum 10-29-2012 09:12 AM

Lost power for five minutes, and it's not even that windy yet. I'm sure it will soon go off for the duration of the storm.

If any of you plan on listing anything good on the BST, please do it within the next 10 minutes. :D

Brian Van Horn 10-29-2012 09:29 AM

OK, this is getting serious......The Oakmont Elks Bingo has been cancelled tonight. Southwestern PA's primary source of income is in trouble.

Paul S 10-29-2012 09:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is what I love about this thread. We get to express our anxiety through humor. :eek:

Honus takes one in the gut; Cobb takes a big rip (yes, both of them are for sale. uh, not really but you can make an offer):

wazoo 10-29-2012 08:08 PM

Power is in and out up here.