Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   PSA Bulk $18 pre/post 1980 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=325927)

hockeyhockey 11-23-2022 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raulus (Post 2286595)
They've definitely done it before, including recently, for me for this piece.

Update: Just remembered that this one had been previously slabbed. But it wasn't showing up in their database. So they made me send it in again, and they re-slabbed it and put it into their database. But still, although the cert # is older, the re-slabbing occurred probably only about 6-12 months ago.

that's awesome! when you send it in, do you just add a notation on the particular card in the submission?

raulus 11-24-2022 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyhockey (Post 2286743)
that's awesome! when you send it in, do you just add a notation on the particular card in the submission?

Good question. My situation might be a bit different, because mine was already slabbed, but for some reason was no longer in the PSA database. There is a customer service feature on the website, which allowed me to contact PSA and send pictures of it. They gave me instructions on how to send it in, and they paid for shipping each way, just for this one card. They then re-slabbed it and put it in their database.

Obviously since yours is raw, you’ll need a different procedure. I suspect you could try to contact them through the customer service page to ask if they will slab it. Usually if they respond positively, then they will give you some instructions, and have you print out the email to include with the submission. With any luck, this preclearance procedure should help to smooth the process so that they don’t bungle it.

Others might have experience submitting a raw error card for initial grading, and might be able to walk you through the normal procedure. If all else fails, you can try calling the PSA helpline.

hockeyhockey 11-24-2022 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raulus (Post 2286913)
Good question. My situation might be a bit different, because mine was already slabbed, but for some reason was no longer in the PSA database. There is a customer service feature on the website, which allowed me to contact PSA and send pictures of it. They gave me instructions on how to send it in, and they paid for shipping each way, just for this one card. They then re-slabbed it and put it in their database.

Obviously since yours is raw, you’ll need a different procedure. I suspect you could try to contact them through the customer service page to ask if they will slab it. Usually if they respond positively, then they will give you some instructions, and have you print out the email to include with the submission. With any luck, this preclearance procedure should help to smooth the process so that they don’t bungle it.

Others might have experience submitting a raw error card for initial grading, and might be able to walk you through the normal procedure. If all else fails, you can try calling the PSA helpline.

thanks much. i'll give it a shot for my next submission and see what happens. based on previous stuff they've done, i don't have a ton of faith :D

hockeyhockey 11-30-2022 06:06 AM

PSA is chewing through the modern submissions. sent a huge lot a few weeks ago. arrived november 7, logged november 12, already in assembly.

but the vintage stuff is totally stalled in grading. not sure why the modern cards are moving through so much quicker. you'd assume all graders are capable of moving at the same pace regardless of cards, but maybe this influx of new graders are all younger folks who are more familiar with modern? interesting.

raulus 12-01-2022 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyhockey (Post 2288640)
PSA is chewing through the modern submissions. sent a huge lot a few weeks ago. arrived november 7, logged november 12, already in assembly.

but the vintage stuff is totally stalled in grading. not sure why the modern cards are moving through so much quicker. you'd assume all graders are capable of moving at the same pace regardless of cards, but maybe this influx of new graders are all younger folks who are more familiar with modern? interesting.

I do wonder whether they assign graders to different eras, and they stick to that era, rather than bouncing around between goodies from 2022 and pieces from the 1800s. And if modern submissions are down, then they would move through the process that much faster, barring a reduction in headcount or shifting some people around.

steve B 12-02-2022 08:52 AM

It would seem likely that different people do different sorts of cards.

A lot of modern stuff is borderless. I still have no idea how they figure centering on a borderless card.

Maybe they don't, so modern is easier to have the new people start on, leaving a lack of people to do vintage?

Mike D. 12-04-2022 08:46 AM

I also guess that they assign people to either eras or types of cards. Plus, most modern cards are 8 plus*, so it's a different skill set to tell a modern, shiny 9 or 10 vs. determining if a tobacco card is a 1 or a 2.

* - unless I submit them. I've gotten 3's and 5's on post 1990 cards. :mad: