Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Buy sell hold accumulate and enjoy (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=239206)

Bigshot69 05-05-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobC (Post 1658216)
The supposed Republican plan is to significantly reduce the top tax rates for all businesses, not just S-Corps, down to maybe a 15%-20% max tax rate from the current 39%-39.6% max rates now existing for corporate/personal returns. This would supposedly include LLCs, partnerships, and even I believe sole proprietorships, not just corporations and S-Corps. The plans as outlined have just been very general though without any real detail. Not knowing the specifics and details, it is too early to really tell how each and every business type will end up being affected. So don't go running out and doing anything yet till we see what actually ends up getting passed as new tax legislation one day, if anything.

BobC

Thank you, Sir!

vintagerookies51 05-05-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls7plus (Post 1658023)
Oh really? I suppose we can then ignore such examples as the 1914 Baltimore News Ruth, with the one in the worst condition selling for $150,00, then $450,000 3 years later, and now bearing a price tag of $700,000. Or Orly's 1907 Seamless Steel Cobb rookie, graded merely Good "2," going for $24,000?
Better also check out some of the sales for the early '60's Topps Dice Game HOF'ers, the 1959 Yoo Hoo Mantle (which has certainly appreciated at a higher rate than his '51 Bowman rookie), and the rising prices for even low grade 1939 R303A Ted Williams, compared to the '39 Playball issue. Maybe a T210 Joe Jackson (not mainstream, not even his rookie, at $200,000 plus in modest grade)? Not so long ago, the '25 Exhibit Gehrig was not considered mainstream, either ("it's an Exhibit--they're not real baseball cards--are they?"), but $100,000 for an Ex-Mt (MK) isn't so shabby!

This is the Beckett line of thinking dating back to the early '80's, when the '33 Goudey was labeled Babe Ruth's "rookie." This phenomenon lasts only as long as it takes collectors to gain greater education in the field. In coins, it was the reason why it took longer for rare and significant colonial issues and territorial gold to vastly increase in value. As collectors gain experience and knowledge of their hobby, they tend to expand rather than narrow their horizons.

Best of luck in your collecting,

Larry

Interesting data, but I said most sought after. Most of the cards you listed are way out of reach for 99%+ of collectors/investors, which isn't really what I was referring to. And they are iconic, ultra-rare cards. I was thinking more along the lines of comparing affordable cards for your average joe, like the Bond bread exhibit vs. Leaf Jackie Robinson, Berk Ross Whitey Ford vs. '51 Bowman, etc. More people collect the mainstream sets

MR RAREBACK 05-06-2017 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
pic

Bigshot69 05-06-2017 12:16 PM

😮

Exhibitman 05-06-2017 03:47 PM

As compared to the 52 Mantle the 52 Mays is fugly. I don't think it will ever reach iconic status.