NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main PreWWII Forums > Net54baseball Vintage (Pre-WWII) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Default Consider an EPDG set....how tough is it ?

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

If you really enjoy a challenge, and don't want to mortgage your house to complete a 524-card T206 set,
then try collecting a "sub-set" comprised of only El PRINCIPE de GALES cards. This T-brand is tough, but
do-able, and afford-able.
You do not have to worry about the "Big Six", or the 48 tough Southern Leaguers, or the 9 tough cards in
the 150-only Series.
In fact there are only 230 (to 250) cards available with this back. These numbers were confirmed from 3
different surveys.

The only "biggies" you need to acquire for this set are.....

Cobb (red portrait & bat off)
Johnson (portait & pitching)
Mathewson (white & dark caps)
CYoung (bare hand)

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter and a Happy Passover.

TED Z

Old 04-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Administrator

I have generated a list of 230 confirmed T206's with the El PRINCIPE de GALES backs.

Now that I am 90% complete on my Sovereign set, I am considering putting together a T206 set with
all EPDG backs. I have only 20 cards with this back.....but, I've always been intrigued by this brand.

If anyone else is interested, I can furnish them this list of 230 Subjects.
I don't think this list is the final count; but, I am confident that it is apporx. 90% complete.

We've had a great Thread (352 posts) on this topic about a year ago; and, we gained a lot of insight
into the T206's from it. So, all you serious T206 collectors, let's hear from you and what have to add
to this subject on this trip ?

Have a Joyous Easter and a Happy Passover.

TED Z

Old 04-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: rob

Ted,

can you send me the list? I have no more than a few of them (maybe 3-5), but would be interested in seeing the "master list".

rgutheil@gmail.com

thanks,

rob

Old 04-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: RayB

We have spoken about this topic before.
Please send me your list/spreadsheet if you don't mind. I've been dabbling lightly in these as well and am always looking to add cards. I don't have the financial muscle to push the effort very hard right now so would be interested to watch your progress if you do indeed decide to give it a go.
aja4rayb@msn.com
RayB

My EPDG Chase Blue (one of my favorite cards).

Old 04-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Thanks for your interest in the EPDG cards. I just completed my list of 230 EPDG backs; and,
presently it is in scratch sheet form,
I could mail you a copy of it, or if you want to wait, I will have it typed up and inputted into
my computer in a few days.

TED Z

Old 04-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Ted, I am vicariously enjoying your T206 quest. Do you know of anyone who has attempted to put a master set together of T206? And if so is there anyone out there that you know of that is close to a complete master set?

Old 04-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Ted,
Just curious besides the Sovereign's which other back sets you have already put together? Also curious your thoughts on how easy a American Beauty back set would be compared to an EPDG in terms of availability?

Old 04-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: rob

ted

I will just wait until you post it...no problem.

rob

Old 04-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Administrator

The only guy I would venture to say that approached having a "Super Set" (or still has) would be Bill Heitman.
There are two other veteran collectors, that I know, who also have very large T206 collections that may be
close. But, I respect their privacy, so I will not identify them.

TED Z

Old 04-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Administrator

I cannot answer you since I haven't analyzed the American Beauty brand, as of yet. I plan to try to do
this for all 15 - T206 T-brands.

So, far I have done the research for the following T-brands.....

Piedmont
Sovereign
Broad Leaf 350
Polar Bear
El Principe de Gales

But, the real test of this research is assembing a real set (or subset). And, so far I can only prove the
Piedmont and Sovereign....having completed the Piedmont and very near completing the Sovereign.

TED Z