NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay seller advice

Posted By: Dave F

Ok...you have an item that ends in a couple hours and its a BIN with best offers...the one offer that is decent enough is from someone with 0 feedback..and they've had an account since 2000. Would I be totally stupid to sell to them? If for some reason they were screwing around with me, couldn't I get ebay involved in deleting any negative they could put on me?

Old 07-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Dave,

I've sold to a 0 feedback buyer on a BIN/BO transaction and had no problem with it.

If the offer is decent, and your listing about to expire (meaning not a lot of time for more offers to appear), it doesn't hurt to accept the offer. You keep the card until you get payment, so the only risk is listing fees. To me, that's not a lot to risk if you have a decent offer. Everyone on ebay had to get off 0 somehow.

J

Old 07-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Joann...the only thing that makes me wonder is why the person would have 0 feedback, but have had the account since 2000? I'm not too worried about the money....I'll wait on that...its just hoping its not some idiot that is planning on leaving me a negative no matter what.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bigfish

I would be careful. Some of these people out there just have an axe to grind. I have had several deals with folks with low feedback go south. Also, depends upon the amount of the sale. Higher value = more risk. The headaches would be the same if he or she wants to play games with you.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Toby
Yes, not sure. It's only a $200 item +/-...I did see where the person recently changed their ebay handle in the last 30 days...but I can't even find any feedback for the handle they did have. They have also bid on a couple other items currently..one fairly high doller, the other low.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DR

Email them directly via eBay and request for contact (off eBay) via email. Then explain the fears and you would like a money order. However, you would cover the insured shipping and accept the offer price. This way, you save fees, save the customer money but 100% avoid any liability or problems. A win-win from a possibly negative outcome. A no brainer, in my opinion. Good luck!

Old 07-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark T

editing the auction and asking for immediate payment required. That way if they don't pay then your auction is safe. I don't think it can end until he pays fast...

Old 07-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: makersmarkambassador

I had a problem with a buyer a couple of years ago with an auction I listed. We exchanged some heated words and they threatened me with negative feedback. A couple of weeks later, they created a bogus account and bought almost $1000 worth of merchandise from my eBay store and left 6 negative feedback remarks within 2 weeks. The one thing that saved me and getting the remarks removed was that I saved every email from the buyer and was in contact with eBay since the very beginning with the buyer’s vulgar emails. I didn't get the original buyer removed but I did get the feedback removed from the bogus account and all selling fees were credited. If you have any questions, I can go into more detail and I would be glad to assist you if you run into any problems.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Larry

Zero feedback and a member since 2000. Sounds like a scumbag getting ready to burn you.