NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Default Card-Dove scam?

Posted By: Jeff

Some of you guys mentioned a scam by someone named Card-Dove and I bought a card with money back guarantee of authenticity and unfortunately the card in the auction was centered and sharp while the card I got was heavily creased and rounded corners. I emailed card-dove to complain and her sister said she must have made a mistake and she sent me another card which had heavy staining and about 15 pinholes. I complained again and they said they would refund me so I sent the cards back; they received the cards but no refund as of yet. I have not gotten my emails answered. I guess it's off to court. Anyone have a similar purchase through this person on either Yahoo or Ebay?? Any info is appreciated Jetwarog@aol.com.

Old 01-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Default Card-Dove scam?

Posted By: davidcycleback

If you have record of purchase/auction, can show that the card you received was not what was represented (condition, authenticity, whatever) and have the record of the seller saying they made a mistake, owe you a refund and would send you a refund, that's all you would need in court. This evidence would in essence have the defendant(seller) testifying that you are right (That's good).

Old 01-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Default Card-Dove scam?

Posted By: dennis

i thought she was kicked off. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=card-dove&item=-1&frompage=222

Old 01-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Default Card-Dove scam?

I was going to ask you if the seller in question was the one that is in this link.

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=card-dove

If so when did you buy from her? She has been off of eBay for some time now.

Old 01-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Default Card-Dove scam?

I bought a real nice 1952 Mays off Yahoo.com which I have found out is the worst place to buy any cards at all. She is still a current user there as "card dove". She had a money back guarantee and everything. Now she stopped replying to my emails and of course I got no refund. This is why I am assuming now it is a scam. I have been looking for anyone else out there who got ripped off by her but I have not found anyone yet.

Old 01-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Default Card-Dove scam?

Posted By: Mark

She looks pretty buff in her photos.

Old 01-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Default Card-Dove scam?

Is this her on Yahoo?

http://user.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/user/CardDove

If so it says "No closed auctions found for user CardDove".

Also when did you buy the card? Was it a recent transaction or was it awhile ago? I'm not sure how Yahoo works as I have never used that site but do you have an item number to look up the auction?

I know it's alot of questions I'm asking but I'm just trying to get as much info about this.

Old 01-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Default Card-Dove scam?

The yahoo auction number was 87338778; it ended this past october/november. She is a very colorful liar. She wrote all kinds of emails to ensure she is a legit seller and all. After she sent me a junk card she wrote an email posing as her father saying Dove must have sent the wrong card and he would send the right one. I got another junk card. This time the sister June was going to refund me if I sent the cards back because Dove was away traveling. I sent the cards back and I got no refund and no more responses. She said she closed her Ebay account voluntarily. What lead to the posts I saw earlier about her being a fraud? Her Ebay feedbacks were pretty good. How many other accounts did she have??

Old 01-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Default Card-Dove scam?

Posted By: Marty

http://auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/auction/87338778
This is the auction. $1800 BIN for a 3 feedback seller.

Old 01-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Default Card-Dove scam?

Posted By: Kenny Cole

That worked for me. I didn't get my $ back because my seller was such a piece of sh*t (11 felony convictions at the time of his death, which was something like age 32) that after he got out on bail from me getting him arrested, he stole a car, got chased by the cops, wrecked the car, got in a fight with the cop chasing him, took the cop's gun and shot the cop, and was then, as he deserved, repeatedly shot by the 5 or 6 other cops who had by then arrived on the scene. Karma. His next life should be as an amoeba. Fortunately, the cop he shot lived.

But I digress. I filed a claim with the IFU and didn't expect anything to come of it. Fortunately, I was able to hook up with a couple of other people he had scammed, one of whom was fairly local to the thief. I had the cleaner claim which was why mine was prosecuted (I hadn't been paid anything back, Scott had), but he was out more money and did the legwork. The IFU turned it over to the local authorities. We got a good detective who busted the loser's ass, confiscated his computers, got a confession, and tossed him in jail. The DA charged him with several felony counts and was moving for a revocation of his parole when the thief suffered his untimely demise. I was really surprised that the IFU and the local authorities did anything about my $800 loss, but they did, or at least tried to. In fact, the assistant DA told me that my thief was probably going to get about 5 years of time to do due to his past convictions.

I'm now a big supporter of the IFU. Maybe your Dove has a crinminal background too. Turn her ass in and take her down.

Kenny Cole

Old 01-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Default Card-Dove scam?

Posted By: Anonymous

card-dove is back.

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/auction/88972425?aucview=0x13

Old 01-21-2005, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Default Card-Dove scam?

Posted By: Richard Simon

If they are thrown off ebay they go to Yahoo. Ebay is not anyone's favorite, but compared to Yahoo, it is like Mother Theresa.

Rich

Old 01-31-2005, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Default Card-Dove scam?

Posted By: Anonymous

back as redraven! on Ebay