NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-13-2004, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Default Question about a seller burgess68

Posted By: shoo 

Just wanted to know if anyone has delt with the seller burgess68 any info would help thanks

[edited to change title]

Old 09-13-2004, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...favorite recent sellers of T206 cards. Basically, burgess68 has sold about a complete T206 set individually and in alphabetic order over the past two months. The most recent auctions ran S-W, I believe, and ended two weekends ago. I tried to cherry pick as many of the cards from these auctions that I could get for my set, since the seller had just about every T206 card out there. Most of the cards would grade out at G-VG.

Burgess68 was a little slow in shipping, but nothing out of the ordinary for ebay. Maybe 10-14 days between auction end and arrival of cards.

Overall, very good experience.

Old 09-13-2004, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: AdamBaxter

Great seller to do business with. I've won several auctions for T212 Obaks from Brian and I've never been disappointed.

Old 09-13-2004, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

Done several transactions with him. He is very good and the cards have been very much as described.

Old 09-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Morrie

So far, I've gotten 3 shipments of t206's from him, and am waiting on the 4th and final one. The descriptions for his 206's were kind of minimalistic, consisting of (for example) "t206 Oberlin" and nothing else, but the pictures were usually clear enough to see if the card was worth bidding on. Because he didn't make a big deal out of things like SC649 overstrikes, you could pick them up very cheap.

I like Brian. I've had fun dealing with him, and picked up a number of cards for my set at very reasonable prices.

A relevant question: Is it safe to use goo-gone to remove sticky substance from the back of a t206, or is there a better method out there?

Morrie

Old 09-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Administrator

There are a few prior posts on this point if you search enough. One of them was started by me back in July, I believe. Basically, soaking for a few minutes, followed by the light rubbing of a QTip over the substance is the preferred method of removing goo from the backs of T206's. I have done this with varying degrees of success -- there are some cards where the goo comes off without a trace, and there are some where the goo comes off with a little bit of the paper. Practice improves the technique. And the card should be dried and pressed simultaneously between pages of linen paper in a large book and then weight applied to the top of the large book overnight. I am receiving some T206 cards this week with varying degrees of stuff on the back and I plan on posting before and after scans of my work -- assuming I don't embarass myself!

Old 09-13-2004, 02:16 PM
Administrator

http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=153652&messageid=1090811501

Old 09-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Morrie

I remembered discussions of how to get paper off the cards, but not glue. Thanks!

Now I just have to figure out how to get the card unstuck from the card-saver he shipped it in - without a penny sleeve or anything else. I've cut off the front of the card saver, but the card is stuck quite firmly to the back (I asked him to put it between two pieces of wax paper, but I guess he didn't have any). To make matters worse, it's the only HOFer (Jennings) I managed to win in any of Brian's auctions.

I suppose that if soaking will get rid of the glue, it will probably loosen it enough to help me free Hughie...

Morrie

Old 09-15-2004, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John

I have also purchased several T206/T205's from this seller. The cards were as described and were sent out in a timely fashion.