NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Default M.I.A.

Posted By: John(z28jd) 

Anyone talked to or heard from James Verrill in the last week or so.He hasnt been answering emails,his auction site which was supposed to have a Jan 10th auction,pushed it back to the 14th then 15th,and they still havent started the auction.I also havent received my 2 cards i won from the last auction almost 4 weeks ago and hes usually really quick with the shipping and answering of emails.

James Verrill where are you????????

Old 01-17-2004, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Default M.I.A.

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

John, that I did get the card I won in his last auction. I think it came last week or early this week. Keith

Old 01-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Default M.I.A.

Posted By: B Kaz

I did receive my card from the last auction several weeks ago though. He must be around to be updating his site for pushing back the auction. I too hope everything is ok with him.

Old 01-17-2004, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Default M.I.A.

Posted By: Chris (the illini)

Front page of his website now says the auction will run from Jan 20 to the 30th.

Old 01-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Default M.I.A.

I know that James reads the board from time to time so i thought maybe this thread would help me get in touch with him or at least hear that all is well with him.Buying alot of cards from James over the years,i know he is a great person to deal with and since others have got their cards im assuming they got lost in the mail.I'd like to still hear it from him and just hear from him in general.

Old 01-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Default M.I.A.

Posted By: Lee Behrens

James, is currently bidding on ebay, so he must be out there.

Old 01-29-2004, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Default M.I.A.

Posted By: James Verrill

It's me, folks.

John and I have talked offline, so I don't need to cover that situation here.

Yes, www.baseballvintage.com is alive and well (more of you should register! It's free, you know). In fact, the current auction is the biggest and (arguably) best, yet.

Unfortunately, my personal life has been complicated during January, 2004. I have had little to no time to visit this board, and have been generally slow responding to emails.

I am not in the habit of sharing personal details, but I would like for you all to know why I have been "largely absent" in January.

As some of you know, I have identical infant twin daughters. One of them, Rebecca, was sick for several weeks in December, and ended up with severe pneumonia. Her breathing was very poor, so she (and I) spent 3 nights in a critical care ward at New England Medical Center's Floating hospital for children, in Boston. She is better now. Much better.

Unfortunately, my marriage is not. After 8 years of marriage, my wife and I are divorcing, and that has made January very hard on me. I am a very hands-on dad, involved in every aspect of my children's lives, and being separated from them has been traumatic. I have had to move my residence, and my business.

Yes, the January auction start date had to be changed twice. I tried very hard not to make a big deal of it, because doing so would only require people to have to listen to my personal circumstances, and that isn't fair. I try very hard to approach things professionally, be as reasonable and flexible as I can, and to keep my personal and business lives separated. Unfortunately, that is not always possible.

The bottom line, though, is that the worst is behind me, and that I am adapting to my circumstances.

The January auction is twice the size of any previous auction I have run, and the array of cards offered is also greater.

My customer service objective remains the same: I will make every effort to communicate in a timely manner, and I will always listen to what my customers have to say. That is how I improve upon what I do. And, I feel very strongly that if you ask my customers, they will tell you several things about me: 1. I do what I can to make my customers happy, 2. I ship merchandise quickly and securely, and 3. I stand behind everything that I say.

I do apologize to those of you that hate to see this kind of thing posted on a public board. But, since my reputation and my approach to customer service are both extremely important to me - I want to make sure the air here is clear. There are a great many people here that I trust, respect, and admire.

Thank you.

James Verrill/BBV

Old 01-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Default M.I.A.

Posted By: Todd (nolemmings)

but am glad to hear your daughter is recovering. Children sure help keep things in perspective.

May you stay strong in dealing with the events swirling around you. Wish I could give you a roadmap, but it seems everyone's path is different, no matter how often you hear the old "we've all been there" or "I feel your pain" comments.

My two cents: take whatever time you need, we're not going anywhere. Best of luck, and thanks for letting us know you're OK.

Todd

Old 01-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Default M.I.A.

For the record,James did respond to me and by no fault of his own,i was having email troubles and just not recieving them from certain people.
Im sorry to hear about the personal matters James and our situation was taken care of as James said(In hindsight i shouldve posted that info sooner,my apologies)
I have had probably close to 30 different transactions from James and had no problems before which is why i took the matter to the board.Not to make him look bad in anyway.

Hope everything works out for the best James.Take care

Old 01-30-2004, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Default M.I.A.

Posted By: James Verrill

John,

Also for the record: I am perfectly OK with the way you approached this. You were perfectly in your right to attempt to contact me about your cards.

I'm just glad that this has worked out. I get just as upset as my customers do when they have a package that the USPS "accidentally" loses (as you know, I, too, am a collector).

James