NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-25-2017, 08:55 AM
orly57's Avatar
orly57 orly57 is offline
Orlando Rodriguez
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1024 View Post
I only collect baseball, I sold all my football, basketball and hockey cards. My collection has no main focus, I basically collect anything and everything. I recently started buying more vintage stuff, primarily in the low to mid grade range
Welcome to the board! I did the same thing when I got into vintage baseball. Sold my hall of fame football rookie collection, all hockey, and all basketball. I never missed them, or looked back for one second. There are so many incredible vintage cards, that you simply can't have them all (unless you own the Arizona Diamondbacks or Net54 ). My advice would be to educate yourself and try to focus your collection as much as possible. If you can't have it all, at least try to focus your attention, and financial resources, on one a focused collection. You can collect type-cards, or rare t206 backs, or one particular player. Your options are Limitless. So before you rush to buy your first vintage cards, maybe get a game plan or goal. It's like owning a fish tank. Before buying your first fish, you need to know what other fish you want. Some fish can't swim in the same tank together because they will kill each other. Some fish will eat your expensive corals. While cards may not attack each other in the way fish do, the point of the analogy is that you may ultimately want cards that swim together nicely. Happy collecting.

Last edited by orly57; 03-25-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-25-2017, 09:35 AM
KMayUSA6060's Avatar
KMayUSA6060 KMayUSA6060 is offline
Kyle May
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 1,327
Default

Welcome to the board!

My advice falls in line with the above post. Educate yourself and focus on certain players, teams, type cards, etc. SPREADSHEETS ARE YOUR FRIEND!

Happy collecting!
__________________
Faith. Family. Country. Baseball. Baseball Cards.

Current Project: Hall of Famers - 1 playing-days/involvement card (if possible) of each.
Progress: 150/323 (46.44%)

In-depth tracking here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-25-2017, 10:07 AM
GrayGhost's Avatar
GrayGhost GrayGhost is offline
Scott
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut.
Posts: 6,374
Default

Welcome aboard and ADDICTION TO THIS SITE is a side effect
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-25-2017, 11:45 AM
Ollie1024 Ollie1024 is offline
Mike
member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NY
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
Welcome to the board! I did the same thing when I got into vintage baseball. Sold my hall of fame football rookie collection, all hockey, and all basketball. I never missed them, or looked back for one second. There are so many incredible vintage cards, that you simply can't have them all (unless you own the Arizona Diamondbacks or Net54 ). My advice would be to educate yourself and try to focus your collection as much as possible. If you can't have it all, at least try to focus your attention, and financial resources, on one a focused collection. You can collect type-cards, or rare t206 backs, or one particular player. Your options are Limitless. So before you rush to buy your first vintage cards, maybe get a game plan or goal. It's like owning a fish tank. Before buying your first fish, you need to know what other fish you want. Some fish can't swim in the same tank together because they will kill each other. Some fish will eat your expensive corals. While cards may not attack each other in the way fish do, the point of the analogy is that you may ultimately want cards that swim together nicely. Happy collecting.
Thanks for the advice. I've picked up a couple T206's and T213 to get familiar with them. But I think I really like the e90 American caramels
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-25-2017, 11:49 AM
Ollie1024 Ollie1024 is offline
Mike
member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NY
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
Welcome to the board!

My advice falls in line with the above post. Educate yourself and focus on certain players, teams, type cards, etc. SPREADSHEETS ARE YOUR FRIEND!

Happy collecting!
Thanks for the advice!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-25-2017, 12:04 PM
mrvster mrvster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,773
Default welcome!

try on a t206 !

but be careful, they are addictive
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-25-2017, 12:31 PM
Exhibitman's Avatar
Exhibitman Exhibitman is offline
Ad@m W@r$h@w
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Beautiful Downtown Burbank
Posts: 6,745
Default

__________________
Please visit my web site: www.americasgreatboxingcards.com
So... move out of your studio apartment! And try speaking to a real live woman, and GROW THE HELL UP! I mean, it's just baseball cards dammit, IT'S JUST BASEBALL CARDS!
10% off any BIN in my eBay store (user name: exhibitman) for N54 members buying direct from me through this site instead, just PM me.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-25-2017, 03:59 PM
irishdenny's Avatar
irishdenny irishdenny is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1024 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I've picked up a couple T206's and T213 to get familiar with them. But I think I really like the e90 American caramels
Welcome Aboard Mickey!
Here's a Link ta Help Get Up ta Speed on Sum E90-1's
(oF Couse there's been Sum uP Dates to the #'s)

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...erican+caramel

And A Card or 2, ta Help Further ConVince You !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e90-1MattyFront_2.jpg (21.6 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg E90-1_SGC_Cy Young_PROOF_F.jpg (76.9 KB, 97 views)
__________________
Life's Grand,
Denny Walsh
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-25-2017, 05:39 PM
Jewish-collector's Avatar
Jewish-collector Jewish-collector is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1024 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I've picked up a couple T206's and T213 to get familiar with them. But I think I really like the e90 American caramels
Mike - I'm sure there will be a T206 Wagner coming up in a spring auction house of low grade that you can go for.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-26-2017, 10:15 AM
Ollie1024 Ollie1024 is offline
Mike
member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NY
Posts: 9
Default

Thanks everyone for the welcome and advice
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Member Snowman5520 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 6 10-30-2014 01:34 PM
Member introduction (member living abroad) BicycleSpokes Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 13 09-09-2014 11:41 AM
Another New Member RTK Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 10 01-05-2014 10:49 AM
Ebay member stage4mtbk a member here? x2drich2000 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 0 11-17-2013 07:57 AM
New Member jimhopkins82 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 7 07-26-2012 10:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.


ebay GSB