NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-03-2015, 11:28 AM
John V.

Default Goodwin Auction consignor payment ?!

Wondering if anyone on here that may have consigned items to the Goodwin auction that ended about 3 weekss ago have received payment ? Bill told me earlier on partial payments would be made on Mondays and no check was cut the Monday before last. I was then told final check would be mailed this past Monday. That's 4 domestic mailing days and nothing. I haven't been able to get Bill on the phone or a call back or email reply this week. Normally he is very responsive. I'm going out of town and this inability to know when to expect Payment kind of bothers me .... I feel it should have arrived and I can't even confirm if anything has been mailed and when.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:52 AM

I had the same experience before never consigning again. It took over 60 days and with the next auction almost over to get paid.

Beckett acquired the company in December of 2014, I would recommend reaching out to them and let them know you haven't been paid and start demanding it.

Last edited by Sean1125; 07-03-2015 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
Wondering if anyone on here that may have consigned items to the Goodwin auction that ended about 3 weekss ago have received payment ? Bill told me earlier on partial payments would be made on Mondays and no check was cut the Monday before last. I was then told final check would be mailed this past Monday. That's 4 domestic mailing days and nothing. I haven't been able to get Bill on the phone or a call back or email reply this week. Normally he is very responsive. I'm going out of town and this inability to know when to expect Payment kind of bothers me .... I feel it should have arrived and I can't even confirm if anything has been mailed and when.
Please put your name by your post per our rules. Thanks
Old 07-03-2015, 11:56 AM
John V.

Some might suggest I'm premature in my expectations but not when someone gives me there word directly twice and nothing shows along with no feedback ... I sold the cards for the necessity of the funds, not for my enjoyment ! Oh and Happy 4th everyone !
Old 07-03-2015, 11:57 AM
John V.

John Van Dinter
Old 07-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Dave_Berg

I've never consigned with them but I've heard these rumblings before. On the other side, fastest shipping I've experienced ( perhaps tie with Bagger's) . Hope check comes soon!
Old 07-03-2015, 01:29 PM
Bob Beck

I consigned with them years back and learned my lesson. I was told the check was mailed but it never arrived. I called a week later and was told again the check was mailed. Waited another 4-5 days and called again. When I said the check was supposedly mailed 2 weeks ago but never arrived he said "he lied" he never mailed it. An honest liar-a true oxymoron. The check did finally come about a week later. My last experience with this auction house.

Last edited by bbeck; 07-04-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:37 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeck View Post
I consigned with them years back and learned my lesson. I was told the check was mailed but it never arrived. I called a week later and was told again the check was mailed. Waited another 4-5 days and called again. When I said the check was supposedly mailed 2 weeks ago but never arrived he said "he lied" he never mailed it. An honest liar-a true oxymoron. The check did finally come about a week later. My last experience with this auction house.
i had similar experiences as this...not worth it...I thought the beckett merger would help with this issue...apparently not. Bill is likely at Disney.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:45 PM
T0NY @

There are far too many other quality AH's these days to choose from that treat their consignors better than this. It's time to start supporting them.

A list of those AH's can be found very easily here with a quick search.

Last edited by 3-2-count; 07-03-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:02 PM
D@rek H.ogue

I have consigned three cards to one Goodwin auction since the Beckett merger and had a very different experience than prior to the Beckett merger. Bill Goodwin will hopefully show Beckett the proper way to deal with consignors going forward and fine tune any kinks since the merger, because Goodwin auctions is a good brand and is exciting for a lot of collectors.

It is true there are so many auction houses out there.

For me personally Love of the Game auctions has ascended in terms of what I hope for in overall customer service. I am sure everyone has a personal favorite.

Hopefully everyone is able to resolve all of their issues peacefully.

Derek
Old 07-03-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekMichael View Post
I have consigned three cards to one Goodwin auction since the Beckett merger and had a very different experience than prior to the Beckett merger. Bill Goodwin will hopefully show Beckett the proper way to deal with consignors going forward and fine tune any kinks since the merger, because Goodwin auctions is a good brand and is exciting for a lot of collectors.

It is true there are so many auction houses out there.

For me personally Love of the Game auctions has ascended in terms of what I hope for in overall customer service. I am sure everyone has a personal favorite.

Hopefully everyone is able to resolve all of their issues peacefully.

Derek
I would like to set one thing straight - this isn't Beckett's customer service it is Bill's. This was/has been on going long before the merger.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:31 PM
John V.

. The NO replies combined with two misleading communications is causing my concern buzzer to start flashing. I don't have time to be toyed with in regards to money ! So I didn't get my check today as I had hoped. But I did get a 30% off Kohls coupon. Maybe I'll send it to Bill as an incentive 😃 Not out to do any bashing but was looking for someone to help alleviate my uncomfortable feelings that there is no rhyme or reason when I will get paid !! Prior communications with Bill always impressed me. A prompt payment is will sustain that credibility !!
Old 07-03-2015, 02:49 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
. The NO replies combined with two misleading communications is causing my concern buzzer to start flashing. I don't have time to be toyed with in regards to money ! So I didn't get my check today as I had hoped. But I did get a 30% off Kohls coupon. Maybe I'll send it to Bill as an incentive 😃 Not out to do any bashing but was looking for someone to help alleviate my uncomfortable feelings that there is no rhyme or reason when I will get paid !! Prior communications with Bill always impressed me. A prompt payment is will sustain that credibility !!
As long as there are no other issues we don't know about, and it was a regular consignment, I would say there is a 100% chance you will get paid. I will tell you from current experience that Beckett gets behind a bit in their accounting. I think they are a good company but could do better in this area.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Larry

I have had at least 3 experiences with Bill (none since about 2011 or 2012) and they were all extremely positive.

Larry A. Smith
Old 07-03-2015, 04:25 PM
John V.

I agree with you Leon !
Old 07-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Pete Costanzo

Default Goodwin

I was paid from Beckett some months ago within days, and Bill has always been great to deal with from my experience. I consigned a few items this go around, and Bill gave me an update recently of the items I sold that were paid already, and those that buyers hadn't paid. He said Beckett will send me a check soon. I'll take him at his word, and won't have a problem consigning items to his auction in the future.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:59 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

Prior to the Beckett merger I consigned to Bill three times. On each occasion payment was made at least 60 days after the auctions end. Each payment was only made after I called Bill after having not received payment for 6 weeks following the auctions end. I had to call Bill twice in each case to eventually receive the check. Each time I received the same reason for exceptionally slow payment, Bill had been out of town seeking consignments.

That said, the prices he realizes are high and he was usually reachable on the phone. Bottom line from my experience he just pays slowly, I don't have any reason to believe you won't be paid. I would consign with him again with realistic expectations for the timing of payment.

Last edited by iwantitiwinit; 07-04-2015 at 06:02 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:13 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

One wonders if everyone wouldn't get paid sooner, if Bill didn't get all these calls about not getting paid. It must be very time consuming.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:32 AM
John V.

Only thing I got is to never say check is going in the mail when in fact you don't know that it isnt going in mail and you don't know when it's going in mail.... Like Big Worm said in the movie Friday... 'Play with my money you play with my emotions ' lol But Bill finally left me a phone message and said he will follow up on Monday ... Enjoy your BBQ everyone. God Bless America and thankful to be here !!

Last edited by Spartan; 07-04-2015 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 07-04-2015, 08:39 AM

Delete

Last edited by asoriano; 07-04-2015 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:07 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
One wonders if everyone wouldn't get paid sooner, if Bill didn't get all these calls about not getting paid. It must be very time consuming.
I can't marry you.
Why not?
Because you're crazy.
Why am I crazy?
Because you want to marry me.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.