NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-17-2013, 07:24 AM

Default Hope for Charities Auction Update Buyer Beware

Anybody had any experiences with this auction house? I won an auction and paid via Paypal. Six weeks later, no item, unanswered emails and phone messages.

Oddly Paypal won't allow a dispute as it is "not a purchase of goods or services".

Scott

Last edited by sb1; 04-30-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:32 AM
Jeff

Why is it not a purchase of goods or services?

If you link your PP acct to a credit card for payment they will regard it as non-delivery of goods.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."

Last edited by HRBAKER; 04-17-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:35 AM

Don't know, I entered the transaction number in the field to open a dispute and that is the automated response I get. Wondering how painful it would be to try and call Paypal and circumnavigate their system.

I am linked to a C/C but used paypal funds to pay. I imagine I selected money owed on the payment OR because it may be construed as a donation to their charity?

Now it also appears I am outside the 45 day window to file a report. That may be why I am receiving the notice. Although I got the same error message last week when I was within the time frame.

Either way I paid and received nothing, and cannot get a reply from them. It was only a $130 item. Guess that's what their reputation is worth.

Last edited by sb1; 04-17-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:11 AM

Default Paypal help

Well, after a couple of minutes on Paypal's automated line, I got myself to a live person who explained that I had selected "money owed" which seemed reasonable to me to use as a choice because I owed them money! But was not the proper selection. Also she noted the 45 day window, but very nicely guided me thru the process and opened the dispute.

It was much easier to get a real person on the phone and state my case then I imagined.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Jake

I won an item from them a few months ago.

Paid by Paypal and got the item in about two weeks. No problems to speak of.

Always up for a trade.

If you have a Blue Weiser Wonder WaJo, PM/Email Me!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:54 PM

Default Follow Up BUYER BEWARE

Paypal opened a case against them for non delivery of goods, 12 days later they never responded. Not to Paypal, not to my emails, not to my phone messages. I was refunded my money by Paypal.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:37 PM
qu@n nguy3n

didn't want to say anything at that time as you were trying to get your money back...but if something is out of the 45-day paypal protection window, seller simply just has to respond to the case that he's not going to refund and paypal can't take that money away. buyer is basically sol and what paypal's suggestion was to go through a chargeback with the bank/credit card.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Jake

Thanks for the heads up. I won't be giving them business in the future.

Always up for a trade.

If you have a Blue Weiser Wonder WaJo, PM/Email Me!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Matt

I also bought something in there last auction. I paid quickly and never received the item. I called and emailed numerous times and did not get a response. Finally went through Paypal to get my money back
Matt

Matt Bub13@aol.com
Always looking for 40k Kork Grip Bats, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Joe Jackson Bats & Gloves
http://oldbaseballbats.webs.com/
Old 04-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Robert Williams

Hilarious auction name. I guess they were 'hoping for charity'!!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Hilarious auction name. I guess they were 'hoping for charity'!!
+1.....it is quite the ironic name. I think I will change my id to something like

Please give me money, I need it.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:49 PM
Christi@n M. Fink

Default Ken Thimmell Hope For Charities Broken Promise

They also promised lithographs of your choice if you registered for the (Jaunuary, 2013) auction. After I registered something looked fishy so I called and left several messages but none of my calls were returned. Finally I called and left a message (under another a name) as someone interested in consigning and Ken Thimmel called me back within minutes. I told him I was actually just calling about the lithos that were promised for registering and he assured me they would be sent. Needless to say it has never arrived.

Last edited by CMFSports; 05-15-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:35 PM

Default Hope

We sent an email out last week warning people when they failed to pay their bills to us and when we received phone calls of people complaining that they were not receiving their winnings. We ended up having to shut down their site after I talked to the owner when he said "his partner stole the money". If you need his phone number or any data from the auction, please email me privately.

Bob Freedman
CEO, SimpleAuctionSite
Old 05-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Rich Klein

Default Leon on that acuton house you mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
+1.....it is quite the ironic name. I think I will change my id to something like

Please give me money, I need it.

I'm your new partner --- you can split with me 50/50 hell I'll even accept 40/60

Rich
Old 05-17-2013, 12:10 AM
Christi@n M. Fink

Default I hope this isn't the same DEADBEAT DAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKmetW7--4U

I found many links for Ken Thimmel who is a "broadcaster" and interviewed Mollie. She seems to think pretty highly of this Ken Thimmel and even posted the interview. Accordingly, I can't imagine this is the same DEADBEAT dad linked 2/3 of the way down this web page:
http://cliffviewpilot.com/deadbeat-d...d-others-list/

I mean this CAN'T be the same STAND UP guy, could it?

Last edited by CMFSports; 05-17-2013 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Why not, Stand Up guy!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:07 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfreedman View Post
We sent an email out last week warning people when they failed to pay their bills to us and when we received phone calls of people complaining that they were not receiving their winnings. We ended up having to shut down their site after I talked to the owner when he said "his partner stole the money". If you need his phone number or any data from the auction, please email me privately.

Bob Freedman
CEO, SimpleAuctionSite
Thanks......seems Ken is still at it....
Old 11-30-2015, 12:08 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post
Paypal opened a case against them for non delivery of goods, 12 days later they never responded. Not to Paypal, not to my emails, not to my phone messages. I was refunded my money by Paypal.
I think you're very lucky this was the outcome. I was not aware we had any recourse when sending money via paypal f/f.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:18 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I think you're very lucky this was the outcome. I was not aware we had any recourse when sending money via paypal f/f.
I want to make sure folks know I brought up a 2 yrs old thread on purpose. There seem to be some new happenings folks should be aware of. That is why I revived an old thread. Be careful out there.....
Old 11-30-2015, 05:48 PM

If you get an email from a person named Ken Thimmel, my advice to you would be to delete it and mark it as SPAM and never buy anything from him

Last edited by bobfreedman; 11-30-2015 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:12 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

And don't pay for goods with f/f PayPal. How many times do we have to be told that f/f doesn't provide buyer protection before it sinks in? If the seller is adamant, offer to add 3% to the purchase so you can use regular PayPal to pay and avail yourself of its policies if the item doesn't arrive. I do that all the time. Yeah, it costs me a few bucks, but I never have to worry about some DB's partner disappearing [allegedly] with the money and the items.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 12-01-2015, 04:55 PM

Just to be clear. I did not use friends/family, there is/was(not sure if they still have it as an option) a separate tab entitled "money owed" which is exactly what it was, money owed for an invoice.

Last edited by sb1; 12-01-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:27 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Just to be clear. I did not use friends/family, there is/was(not sure if they still have it as an option) a separate tab entitled "money owed" which is exactly what it was, money owed for an invoice.
I have never noticed that tab. What I have noticed is that when you are sending a payment one of the choices is 'goods and services'. Unless you are truly sending to friends and family then this should be the tab you choose. I agree with Adam on this. I will add a few dollars to cover the vig paypal takes. I just did outside of ebay it worked well as the seller suggested that way for our mutual protection. I added the extra as he was concerned about the high fee.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 12-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Actually, I was responding to post #17; did not mean to imply you'd used f/f to pay.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 12-02-2015, 10:35 AM

Adam.

No problem.

Normally the only time I use it is for ebay which is automated checkout. I went to PP, and see that they have changed their options as to how to pay. I now see that when you go into their system and send money manually, that there are now only two options, instead of the 4 or 5 they used to have. F/F or Goods/Services.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Adam.

No problem.

Normally the only time I use it is for ebay which is automated checkout. I went to PP, and see that they have changed their options as to how to pay. I now see that when you go into their system and send money manually, that there are now only two options, instead of the 4 or 5 they used to have. F/F or Goods/Services.
Any Seller can also Send You an Invoice for the "Money Owed" oR for the "Purchsaed Item(s)"!
I use this last method quite often!
Old 12-15-2015, 10:17 AM
Christi@n M. Fink

Default Amen to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfreedman View Post
If you get an email from a person named Ken Thimmel, my advice to you would be to delete it and mark it as SPAM and never buy anything from him
Amen to that.