NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetwoohsix View Post
Awesome, love to see those.

At one time I had a pretty nice collection of Metal vinyl albums, used to make trips to Rasputins on Telegraph Ave. to find the "good stuff"

Sincerely, Clayton
The really good stuff was at the Record Vault on Polk in the city, or at the Record Exchange in Walnut Creek.

Although, Rasputin's was closer to the Berkeley Keystone (and maybe Ruthie's Inn) than either of the other two were to any metal clubs.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:18 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
The really good stuff was at the Record Vault on Polk in the city, or at the Record Exchange in Walnut Creek.

Although, Rasputin's was closer to the Berkeley Keystone (and maybe Ruthie's Inn) than either of the other two were to any metal clubs.
My friend brought me to the Record Vault on Polk and we picked up a limited copy red vynil of The Accused "The Return of Martha Splatterhead" which was really cool, but that area of the city was a bit "strange" for us (I think I was like 15 years old)- but, no doubt, they definately had an awesome selection there. The Bay Area had the best music scene.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 AM

Nice to find a couple "metal heads" on here. Did either of you collect NWOBHM at all ?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:48 AM
mike kilo

cassette tapes, specifically hard/metal music. i currently have over 300 tapes ranging from annhialater (sp?) to zera (4-song ep from a local band, late 80's). also including a first-printing of haunting the chapel-sealed.....

ps:
i'm currently looking for a grim harvest box set on cassette tape, if anyone knows where such a copy may exist (grim harvest= metal massacre's first 12 volumes in one boxed collection, had it on cd, now looking for cassette version).

--kilo
Old 01-30-2013, 11:27 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
Those are cool Adam, how many different years do you have tickets for?

Doug
I have 49 years' worth but it is unclear whether the first 15 years even had tickets as the event did not shift from a dinner dance to a theater event until the 16th awards, which is one of the tickets shown above. Since we are at #85 this year, I am short at least 21 tickets. I also have tickets from the Board of Governors Ball--the official after-party--which started with the 30th awards, so there are 55 possible tickets to that event. I have 33 covered.

The backstory on the collection is that my father's company handled the public relations for the Academy for a long time. He and my mother had to attend the ceremony and banquet every year so I ended up with a run of about a dozen years of tickets from what they brought home to me. Then I started chasing the others like cards.

BTW, on the T-shirts, I've seen some of the older ones selling for pretty good bank, so get some cedar into the storage! I know you're in L.A., so you might want to check out this used clothing store in Studio City on Ventura Blvd. that has some concert T's framed up and is asking pretty strong prices on them. I forget the name of the place but it is in the stretch between Whitsett and Laurel Canyon.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 01-30-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandgold View Post
Nice to find a couple "metal heads" on here. Did either of you collect NWOBHM at all ?
I love Iron Maiden, had all of their albums on vinyl up to Powerslave (went to that concert in San Francisco @ the Cow Palace-Twisted Sister opened for them but were having a very rough time with all of the misc. items being thrown at them ), but that was it. I also loved the early Judas Priest stuff, up to "Screaming For Vengeance",,after that, blah.

So, I don't collect anything metal anymore, but still listen to it alot. Do you collect NWOBHM items?

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 01-30-2013, 12:59 PM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
cassette tapes, specifically hard/metal music. i currently have over 300 tapes ranging from annhialater (sp?) to zera (4-song ep from a local band, late 80's). also including a first-printing of haunting the chapel-sealed.....

ps:
i'm currently looking for a grim harvest box set on cassette tape, if anyone knows where such a copy may exist (grim harvest= metal massacre's first 12 volumes in one boxed collection, had it on cd, now looking for cassette version).

--kilo
Sealed first printing of Haunting The Chappel- nice !!!! I kind of miss the cassette tape days I loved making mixed tapes for friends, as sort of a hobby. The good old days

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 01-31-2013, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetwoohsix View Post
I love Iron Maiden, had all of their albums on vinyl up to Powerslave (went to that concert in San Francisco @ the Cow Palace-Twisted Sister opened for them but were having a very rough time with all of the misc. items being thrown at them ), but that was it. I also loved the early Judas Priest stuff, up to "Screaming For Vengeance",,after that, blah.

So, I don't collect anything metal anymore, but still listen to it alot. Do you collect NWOBHM items?

Sincerely, Clayton
Clayton, I love all that early Priest stuff too.
I don't buy many NWOBHM items now (unless I find something cool), because I have a ton of that stuff, albums and 45's, plus some other goodies, like 2 Diamond Head tour books.
I also have a bunch of Maiden's early singles (7" & 12"), including the Soundhouse Tapes.
Matt
Old 01-31-2013, 05:54 AM
octavio ranzola

Vintage toys love them
Old 01-31-2013, 06:27 AM
Joe Gonsowski

Interesting Adam, I too find your ticket collection very interesting. Not that I'm going to start a collection, but what a beautiful gathering of some rare tickets with common theme. Well done.
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers
Old 01-31-2013, 07:05 AM
Larrie Dean

Default 19th Century US Stamps ++

I have collected stamps for over 60 years. I am especially interested in 19th century stamps and postal history. Also, fancy cancels.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:16 AM
Dan Paradis

Look's like I'm collecting grandchildren now! My new grandson is already 10 months old.

I also collect 50's memorabilia
restored 1950 Pepsi machine which my uncle bought brand new
original McDonald's employee manual
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-31-2013 9-12-18 AM.jpg (40.5 KB, 168 views)
Old 01-31-2013, 07:11 PM
Tom Hines

Default Collector of Collections

When I was younger (mid-teens) my father called me a collector of collections. I dabbled in almost everything (US coins, stamps, Coke bottles, Matchbox cars, US state pennants, antique militaria, etc.). As I have matured (and accrued adult financial responsibilities - i.e. children), I have trimmed it back to baseball cards of course and Russo-Japanese War miltaria, antique sea going paraphernalia (sailors sea bags, bosun pipes, marlinspikes) and my 1963 Mercury Comet Station Wagon. I know, still pretty wild in range but still all close to my heart.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:13 PM

Default non sport stuff

Photobucket

Photobucket

I’ve been collecting antique sports display pieces about 25 years…and to find them I go down every avenue…eBay, antiques shows of every kind; card shows, poster fairs, book fairs, toy shows, bottle shows, cowboy shows, general antiques shows, and flea markets….from the junkiest fleas to the most highbrow suit and tie antiques shows….I turn over every rock…One of the neatest things about going to a show is seeing all the interesting non sport antiques…And so…occasionally when I see something priced right that I gotta have…if it doesn’t cut into my sports money too much I’ll pick it up…I like figural things, statues and such…and I seem to like animal items..dogs, eagles, horses...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Over the last five or so years I started liking bulldog stuff...This last year I saw this 1894 bulldog show trophy from London at an antiqeus show...about 12" tall, the dog was bronze and signed...but it was pricey...I arm wrestled with the gal but the best she could do was $1500.00...and that would be a lot for me to spend on a non sport item...plus I found a c1890 figural tobacco humidor of a bicycle rider at the show that I got so that sunk the bulldog...But even then I was remorseful I didn't get the bull dog....I called the gal and said if she still had it when she returned next show I'd buy it....she sold it a week later at another show to a judge she said....darn!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One day at the Alameda Point Antiques Fair I bought a fiberglass advertising statue of a Budweiser Clydesdale horse 39” tall X 39” wide X 14” deep…$80.00….Now at that price who could pass it up….I remember as I was carrying it out some Asian people were especially gaga over it. I didn’t have my truck with me but my mustang convertible…and the only way I could get it home was set it in on the back seat with the top down….so there I was the rest of the day driving around with it sticking out of my car. Everywhere I went people were looking…..then that night as I was driving home on the freeway a highway patrolman started following me…They stuck with me a little while then passed me and took off…The thing looked so real that at night the cops must have thought it was a pony in my back seat until they could get a good look to see it wasn’t moving LOL…

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 02-07-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:51 AM
Mike McGrail

- Vintage cards with a military theme. N78s are my favorite
- Vintage cards of tigers, the animal not the Detroit baseball team
- Night of the Living Dead stuff
- Kennywood stuff - Kennywood is an amusement park in Pittsburgh
- Efteling stuff - Efteling is a great amusement park in The Netherlands