NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 11-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Max Weder

Default 1914 White Sox Giants autograph book from ebay

Pretty cool looking item

1914 White Sox Giants autograph book

Thorpe, Comiskey, Weaver, McGraw, etc
Old 11-05-2012, 02:21 PM
David Linardy

Default Notebook

Definitely some toughies... Thorpe looks funny, an interesting to see spoke among the chisox players. Probably worth well over 4k if teal
Old 11-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Jos.eph Dw.ek

I actually bid on that piece and lost. I think it's a museam quality piece of baseball history. Iv never seen a Jim Thorpe where he printed his name like this but most Thorpe autos I'v seen were signed much later. If he signed this one in 1913 he would have been about 25. He was on the trip with his new wife (a Honeymoon). Wonder what it's worth if all signatures are authentic. Also has some other rare autographs like Bucky Weaver.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Jos.eph Dw.ek

It was from the World Tour of 1913-1914. Giants and White Sox went around the world together to show the world baseball. They even played in front of King George in England. Tris Speaker also went with them.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:36 PM

Default 1914 Tour of the World book

I bid on this as well. I think that it is an extremely cool item. My interest was that it also had several challenging early no-hit pitcher autographs that I would love to own.

Oh well, someone ended up scoring a terrific collectible that could certainly be considered to be a centerpiece type item.

Did anyone on net54 win this? Just curious...
Old 11-05-2012, 04:41 PM
M@rk Cl@ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed25 View Post
It was from the World Tour of 1913-1914. Giants and White Sox went around the world together to show the world baseball. They even played in front of King George in England. Tris Speaker also went with them.
Cool info. Why was Crawford on the Chicago sheet?
Old 11-05-2012, 04:46 PM

The teams were just called Chicago and New York. Players throughout the league played for both at one time or another during the tour. I bid on the item too. I was a little skeptical about some of the signatures though. But figured if one was real they were all likely real.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
The teams were just called Chicago and New York. Players throughout the league played for both at one time or another during the tour. I bid on the item too. I was a little skeptical about some of the signatures though. But figured if one was real they were all likely real.
Who's autograph did you question, just out of curiousity?
Old 11-05-2012, 07:16 PM

Well I bid up to 4k++ and still lost. My guess is had I bid 10K I would have still lost.

All were legit from my point of view, but I think the Thorpe might have been signed by someone else for him (maybe he was seasick on the boat) but his signature actually pales in comparison to some of the others so it didn't matter whether his was real or not. I have seen many early examples of Thorpe and he had a nice scripted signature his whole life so unless he was drunk or seasick when he signed it, I think that one was secretarial.

Neat piece though, not a single autograph on there is unique, but some definate rarities.

Rhys
Old 11-05-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Who's autograph did you question, just out of curiousity?
The Thorpe, Crawford, and Speaker looked funny to me but I am by no means an expert.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:28 AM

Default JimStinson

That is a VERY nice book !!! Although I am no fan of cutting something like that up , there are at least a couple Non-Hall of fame signatures that would have easily covered the selling price. Nice Snag ! Who ever you are