NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Default Annoying "Zeenut" cards on ebay!!!

I am a collector of Zeenut cards as many probably know but over the last 6 months or so it has become so cumbersome to search for the little guys on ebay as some idiots are "producing" their own "Zeenut cards" featuring everyone from Sammy Bohne to Agatha Christie (when I say everyone, I mean EVERYONE!). No real point to this post just a rant as I keep having to add new key words to my searches on what to exclude.

Literally, as of right now there are about 50-100 legitimate Zeenut cards on ebay but if one does a search for simply "zeenut" there are over 2,500 cards that come up. Crazy stuff!

-Rhett

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Sports-Mem-C...&_sop=12&_sc=1

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 10-26-2011, 04:56 PM
J0N PEDEℜSѺN

Rhett,

Try this:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=....c0.m270.l1313

Added " -(magic, topps, ink, stamp, game, test) " to the search field. Good Luck...
Old 10-26-2011, 05:01 PM

Mine looks like this:

zeenut -TEST, -UV, -Relic, -Tabacca, -Tabacco, -series, -tobacco, -ZN, -magic, -stamp, -prototype, -basketball

I just keep adding to it.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:08 PM

If you are a seller, although it is annoying, I think folks are finding your cards.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Robert A

I think it's very annoying too. Why not put the new cards in the new category?
Old 10-26-2011, 06:22 PM

Default Agatha "Scribbler" Christie

[QUOTE=rhettyeakley;934728] as some idiots are "producing" their own "Zeenut cards" featuring everyone from Sammy Bohne to Agatha Christie (when I say everyone, I mean EVERYONE!).

When I was quite a bit younger I read every mystery Agatha Christie published...I guess it is about time I combine a couple of my passions and bid an extravagent amount on her Zeenut.

Brian
Old 10-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Rhett Yeakley

I have my own searches that look like the ones above. I still think it is annoying.

Brian, you better act fast on the Agatha Christie as I have a snipe set on that one and on the Shirley Muldowney card! (I had no idea who that last person was but YEP! she's got a "Zeenut"! Who knew how forward thinking the Collins-McCarthy Candy Co. was!?!)

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 10-26-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Marc S.

Default with each subsequent week

it seems like my Zeenut search string has to be replaced and made longer. My current search string is:

zeenut* -ink* -trade* -magic* -test* -bread* -game* -stamp* -proto*

highly annoying, to say the least!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Curt

I believe Muldowney is a female drag racer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
I have my own searches that look like the ones above. I still think it is annoying.

Brian, you better act fast on the Agatha Christie as I have a snipe set on that one and on the Shirley Muldowney card! (I had no idea who that last person was but YEP! she's got a "Zeenut"! Who knew how forward thinking the Collins-McCarthy Candy Co. was!?!)
I can certainly understand and empathize with your frustration. I get the same type of thing with my daily Steve Garvey (I know, he is not pre-war) searches. I have to look at set breaks of 71 Topps sets all the time because people use a generic set description in their description for every stupid card in the set and that generic description touts a ROOKIE STEVE GARVEY in it. I also get it for book and phone accessory sellers and sometimes people who have a shipping address on Garvey St or Ave! It can bring a search from a few hundred legit, relevant items to 1000s and 1000s!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Now the a-hole making the Zeenuts has added a line of fake bread labels.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 10-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Fred

also adding -art to the search will reduce the garbage listed from your search