NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Tobacco (T) cards, except T206 B/S/T

Old 02-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Michael Bryant

Default Update: Chief Bender Signed T206 W/ Out Trees.

Hey,

I have a Chief Bender Signed T206. It does come with JSA LOA. I have lost several of your guys emails that were interested in this card. Sorry I have not got back with you. Anyways, The card is professional framed. I was told cost $100 alone. As you can see in the picture it is rough. I am looking for offers on this. I have several offers on the table including a auction site. Please no low balling. I do have legit offer well above $1,000.

You can email me or pm me. Email works best since im not always on here. Thanks Brandon

Here is the COA/LOA. I will accept offers right now.

Last edited by blackmamba; 02-13-2011 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Update
Old 02-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Pup6913

pm sent
Old 02-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Shinzo Shimozukawa
Banned

Last edited by shimozukawa; 02-16-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Paul

Default Better yet...

How about a scan or pic of that LOA....

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Michael Bryant

Hey guys. The LOA is in the mail i should have it in by next week. I have not been getting any mail because of the snow storm that hit hard in Oklahoma. I will post a scan when i get it. The reason why i dont have it is the lady i got it from forgot to mail it in with the item. Sorry about that. Thanks Brandon
Old 02-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Daryl

Why would you sell it without the LOA in hand?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:45 PM

Did one of these offers came from the buyer that backed out on the big lot on ebay too?
Sucky luck on those!
Bob
Old 02-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post
Hey guys. The LOA is in the mail i should have it in by next week. I have not been getting any mail because of the snow storm that hit hard in Oklahoma. I will post a scan when i get it. The reason why i dont have it is the lady i got it from forgot to mail it in with the item. Sorry about that. Thanks Brandon

Sad. I got 18" and still got mail everyday. OK needs to be a bit better on snow removal huh. On the good side at least the cards worth $30-40 if the lady never mails the LOA. Hope you get it soon
Old 02-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Michael Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
Sad. I got 18" and still got mail everyday. OK needs to be a bit better on snow removal huh. On the good side at least the cards worth $30-40 if the lady never mails the LOA. Hope you get it soon
We have 21 inches as of today also with ice. My housing edition is so bad. No one can leave there house. You have been real negative on pm's, always making this card sound like it is worth like $1. It is really disrespectful to me. You need to stay off my thread. I would appreciate it. I expect no reply. Thank you.

Last edited by blackmamba; 02-04-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Michael Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
Why would you sell it without the LOA in hand?
Just looking for offers. I am not going to make a move till it is in hand. Thanks Brandon
Old 02-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Michael Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by B O'Brien View Post
Did one of these offers came from the buyer that backed out on the big lot on ebay too?
Sucky luck on those!
Bob
Lol, no. I actual sold my items t206hound. I have a legit offer. Thank you!
Old 02-05-2011, 01:47 AM
Shinzo Shimozukawa
Banned

Last edited by shimozukawa; 02-16-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post
We have 21 inches as of today also with ice. My housing edition is so bad. No one can leave there house. You have been real negative on pm's, always making this card sound like it is worth like $1. It is really disrespectful to me. You need to stay off my thread. I would appreciate it. I expect no reply. Thank you.
Brandon I have no issue posting the PM's you and I had back and forth. Any board members want to see then I will be happy to forward them to you BTW. The fact that I spent about an hr discussing the card and giving you links to others to help you determine a real price is not negative but more on the helpful side right I made an offer of $250-$400 did I not. And I also told you that since this was not my area of collection it was no big deal to me. I told you that an offer of 2k for the card was great and you should take it and run, because IMO the card is not worth that in its condition. If the ADVICE and HELP I gave you is negative then I am sure you need to find another board where the ignorance of the collected hobby is at your level. You haven't been here that long and seem to be a flake already. Don't forget to trample more toes on your way out
Old 02-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Michael Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimozukawa View Post
Seems pretty obvious to me that he thinks it's worth a LOT more than $1... closer to 30-40 times that!

And, for the record, the reason I asked about the LOA is you still haven't responded to the listing where you tried to sell the autopen Jordan for $100.
Hey lol, yea that guy is something. Just little things get under my skin. He's just disrespectful trying to get this card really cheap to resell. I don't roll with that. I give him the benefit of the doubt for sending me links but he is trying to get this card for a steal and saying that it's worth $250-400. When I told him I have an offer of $2,000. He was implieing it was bs. I'm done with drama and won't respond back to him.

Anyways, I'm sorry If I have not gotten back to you buddy. I have been busy. I don't usually come on here. I check my emails frequently. Shoot me a email or a pm and I will get back to you. Sorry about that. Thanks
Old 02-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Johnny S

My guess is that the condition isn't a real factor in this type of card and all that really matters is that the auto is real. While waiting for the LOA you should put the scan in the memorabilia section of the board and see what the auto experts over there think of the sig, they will be able to give some great feedback.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Michael Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHarmonica View Post
My guess is that the condition isn't a real factor in this type of card and all that really matters is that the auto is real. While waiting for the LOA you should put the scan in the memorabilia section of the board and see what the auto experts over there think of the sig, they will be able to give some great feedback.
Hey, I did a couple weeks back. Had several emails and they said it looks real. We also compared it too his wife autograph (not even close). It has JSA. There is nothing to worry about on this one guys. Thanks for the info. Brandon
Old 02-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Chris

Default Interested

...in the card. Maybe you can link to your post in the memorabilia section?
Old 02-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Michael Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernamealreadytaken View Post
...in the card. Maybe you can link to your post in the memorabilia section?
Hey, The link is below. There is not that much info given there. I was told to bring the card on here and try to sell it, but not on the memorabilia forum. I have learned i will not post anything intill i have the JSA in hand but i had several people waiting for a picture so i uploaded on here. Sorry for rattling you guys up. There is nothing to worry about. I have done deals on here and have over 100 feedback on other forums, also almost 700 positive feedback on ebay. Thanks Brandon

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=132269
Old 02-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Chris

Default ok

Johnny asked: "While waiting for the LOA you should put the scan in the memorabilia section of the board and see what the auto experts over there think of the sig, they will be able to give some great feedback."

You wrote: Hey, I did a couple weeks back. Had several emails and they said it looks real."

I don't see that you posted any picture(of the card) in the memorabilia section? Don't you have pictures (of the LOA), links, scans, etc. from your purchase of this card? Eager to make strong offer, but disappointed I cannot based on what you have posted...

Last edited by usernamealreadytaken; 02-05-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Michael Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernamealreadytaken View Post
Johnny asked: "While waiting for the LOA you should put the scan in the memorabilia section of the board and see what the auto experts over there think of the sig, they will be able to give some great feedback."

You wrote: Hey, I did a couple weeks back. Had several emails and they said it looks real."

I don't see that you posted any picture(of the card) in the memorabilia section? Don't you have pictures (of the LOA), links, scans, etc. from your purchase of this card? Eager to make strong offer, but disappointed I cannot based on what you have posted...
I have no scans of the JSA LOA right now. I had emails and sent them pictures of the card. They said it look real, i said it is real. Comes with JSA LOA. Everyone needs to be patient right now with me. This snow storm really messed up mailing service in Tulsa. Once i have it, i will post the LOA on here for everyone to see. Thank you. I will get back to you all. Brandon.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Dave M

I find it interesting that Bender signed the card "Chief" when he had a known dislike for that moniker.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Pup6913

Brandon I do not like being called a liar or cheat so I am posting those horrible PM's. I will not allow you to mislead and make a butt of me for you own cover. Who has ever bought something like this with a LOA, with out getting a pic or the cert numbers. You obviously got it from online hence the need to mail the COA. So you must have gotten a scan of the card as well as seen the LOA or the cert numbers before buying right So enough already. I am not the only person that questions you and your validity.

Here are the pm's I have for your enjoyment gentlemen:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913
what are you asking for the card. Are you looking to trade and cash for the bender T206 auto

I have an offer of $2,000. Looking for offers. I do not collect card anymore. Thanks

If you have an offer of 2K you better take it. At that price it is way out of what I have seen some autoed T206s in that condition sell for with harder to get autos. Since I do not pursue these its not that big of a deal for me. Best of luck on the sale.

Andrew

Hey Andrew, I was thinking the same thing but i have several experts telling me that i should not sell it for that. Just wait. Signed T206 are rare and this could be the only one that exist. Thanks Brandon

Just did a quick search. There was a lot of 8 autoed common t206's sold for about $2600 with a bender no trees 3 yrs back. A cobb green portrait in vg-ex for $3800, and another lot of 6 extremely rare HOF'ers for $6900. That card is probably worth about $250-$400 tops. Just my opinion based on market sales. Condition is everything. I would like to make an offer but no where near the 2k mark.

Hmmm, where are you getting this info? I have seen a Ty cobb red portrait went for $30k and some commons go for $500-800 range. Where did you find that Chief Bender at??? Thanks

It was heritage and mastro and some others.

Got the link of the Bender and Cobb? Thanks

Thing is anyone can tell you to price a card like that but none of them made an offer did they?? Should be a sign that its to high. I have learned that lesson many times. I have the only ray brubaker auto known in the hobby on a 1920's zeenut a few yrs before he died and its only worth about $30-50.

I am sorry it was 3 cheif meyers and 2 hoblitzells and a few others all in vg-ex to exmt.
http://www.huntauctions.com/online/i...=630&lot_qual=

and here is that beautiful cobb
http://www.huntauctions.com/online/i...664&lot_qual=a

Thank you. That Cobb went for a great deal.! Anyways I might take the $2,000 but might wait a little bit to see if anyone can beat it. Thanks

I have 4 Legit offers. $1200, 2 $1500 offers and $2000. Those arn't what someone told me to price them at. I do know what your talking about though. I am not in that position right now.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Pup6913

And just for giggles some pics of benders autos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1_34b883ff89ae4b527c7d7281aff62f4a.jpg (33.7 KB, 618 views)
File Type: jpg 1_e3c345156adcd1f980a989366016efff.jpg (42.8 KB, 620 views)
File Type: jpg 1_f2a46157d5c65c0c8f4784a101a328cd.jpg (9.3 KB, 615 views)
Old 02-05-2011, 04:15 PM
David R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
And just for giggles some pics of benders autos.
I am no autograph expert but to me at least the "h" and "f" in Chief in your examples look different than the ones on the card.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Michael Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by David R View Post
I am no autograph expert but to me at least the "h" and "f" in Chief in your examples look different than the ones on the card.
It was probably hard to signed on a little card. Every autograph is different. I can assure you it is real. it has JSA LOA, it will be scan asap. Thanks
Old 02-05-2011, 04:27 PM

Check your mailbox...Can you please post it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PtHyPME4cw

Last edited by richieb315; 02-05-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Shinzo Shimozukawa
Banned

Last edited by shimozukawa; 02-16-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Brian T.

I'm no autograph expert, but the on-card signature has enough differences from ones that are posted to give one pause. (i.e. the loops touching on "C", the apparent pause in the "C" prior to making the first loop, the beginning stroke of the "B", etc.) Interesting to note that there are no quotation marks around the "Chief" in your example.

Suffice it to say that attaining that LOA from a respected source is going to be important for you. Good luck! I hope for your sake that it's real.

Last edited by terjung; 02-05-2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: quotation mark note
Old 02-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Michael Bryant

Quote:
So, basically, JSA authenticated a Bender that wasn't signed by Bender's hand? I mean, I would assume that if his "C" loops usually didn't touch, and his "B" usually started at the top, then the T206 was signed by Bender after he... went on a bender?

Another thing about this card that has me wondering...

The Bender w/ no trees is a relatively rare card, so why wouldn't the "old lady" have the card authenticated along with the autograph? I mean, this is the logic I would assume for someone who knew nothing about the hobby...

"Wow! Dad left me a T206. Didn't those nuns just sell one for a million dollars??? I should try to sell mine! It has to be worth even more than that, because it's signed!!!"

Then someone would tell her that it needs to be authenticated. I'm pretty sure at this point, they wouldn't specifically say you need an LOA for James Spence. More than likely, if the dealer she went to had scruples, they'd explain about the autograph AND the card needing to have authentication to realize maximum value.

I mean, does BGS/BVG make tier requirements according to book value of a MINT specimen or of the condition the card is actually in?

If it's the latter, it would have cost, what, an extra $25-$50 to have the card authenticated too... why just stop at the LOA? The entire concept of mounting/framing the card seems misdirected. After all, if the idea was to display it, she could have gotten it encapsulated, then put into a nice display case/box.

Just my thoughts...
You have your right to your opinion. I know all the details though. I dont know if your trying to say that it is fake or not. I don't understand some of what you wrote.

I believe the Bender with trees is the rare one. Correct me if im wrong. I will have you guys talk about this. I wont say anything unless i get a serious question about this card.

I will post the JSA when i get it. Can everyone be patient? I'm trying. lol I just want to prove it to you guys. I appreciate it. Thanks Brandon

Keep it coming!
Old 02-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Michael Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjung View Post
I'm no autograph expert, but the on-card signature has enough differences from ones that are posted to give one pause. (i.e. the loops touching on "C", the apparent pause in the "C" prior to making the first loop, the beginning stroke of the "B", etc.) Interesting to note that there are no quotation marks around the "Chief" in your example.

Suffice it to say that attaining that LOA from a respected source is going to be important for you. Good luck! I hope for your sake that it's real.
Hey, I do see what you are talking about. Just because the signature is not perfect does not make it fake. He did not always put " ". It does have JSA, i regret posting this on here with out scans of it. I just had so much interested, and they wanted a picture. So i uploaded it on here.

Thank you. Brandon
Old 02-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Brandon

Hi Brandon,
Can you please PM me when you get a chance?
thanks
leon
Old 02-05-2011, 05:02 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Are we even sure that by JSA the old lady was even referring to James Spence? Maybe she had her neighbor Joe Salmons look at it, and write her a letter? Maybe she's actually sending and old "Justice Society of America" comic?

Mamba, I'd suggest not trying to argue without having that LOA in your hand first. You honestly shouldn't even have listed it without it. And if you don't get it, I'd suggest sending it in for authentication, and not to GAI... Maybe even pull this thread, until you get it.

Last edited by novakjr; 02-05-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Shinzo Shimozukawa
Banned

Old 02-05-2011, 06:30 PM

Default Brandon

Just so everybody knows, I bought 6 American beauty t206's from Brandon about a month ago and the transaction was flawless. And, he sold me great cards too!!

Jeff
Old 02-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Johnny S

Once authenticated 1500-2000+ would take about 20 minutes I would think.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Shinzo Shimozukawa
Banned

Old 02-05-2011, 07:07 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

I agree with johnny. Alot of hostility on this particular post, however.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:09 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Also, there was a comment about why bender signed his nick name "chief". I have seen many psa authenticated balls with his signature just like that.

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 02-05-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Michael Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comiskey View Post
Just so everybody knows, I bought 6 American beauty t206's from Brandon about a month ago and the transaction was flawless. And, he sold me great cards too!!

Jeff
Thank you Jeff! Glad you liked the cards!

Best regards, Brandon
Old 02-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Michael Bryant

Quote:
You're probably right about the rarity of the card. That would imply that the only thing of value being sold is the signature. If that's the case, an authenticated Bender index card goes for, what... $500? I think it would behoove you to follow Andrew's advice and sell it to whoever offered you $2000 before they decide to buy someone else's for less than half that.

I still don't understand why _you_ would buy the card without having asked for a scan of the LOA (or at the VERY LEAST, the LOA number). I suggest submitting the card to BGS for encapsulation. Since you already have an LOA from, I'll assume, James Spence, you won't be required to pay for authentication once again. Just for the grading/authentication fee from BVG.
I did have her send me a picture of the LOA. I did not save the email (stupid on my part). I'll keep in touch with you guys. Thanks
Old 02-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Jim VB

Tough week to be named Brandon or Brendan!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Shinzo Shimozukawa
Banned

Last edited by shimozukawa; 02-16-2011 at 10:03 PM. Reason: .
Old 02-07-2011, 05:48 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

SHIMO- YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLE! WHEN IS ENOUGH, ENOUGH? YOU WERE ALSO THE ONE THAT SEVERAL MONTHS AGO QUESTIONED ME SELLING A PSA 9MC 1953 TOPPS MANTLE! YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT IT WAS ALREADY GRADED! I SAID IN MY COMMENTS OF THE CARD THAT IT HAD ALL THE CHARACTERISTICS OF A STRAIGHT PSA 9, BUT YOU COULD SAVE $70K IN PRICE BECAUSE OF THE QUALIFIER. YOU REPLIED TO ME, WHY GIVE UP $70k? JUST GET THE CARD GRADED! DOES THAT RING A BELL?? GET ON WITH LIFE

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 02-07-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Shinzo Shimozukawa
Banned

Last edited by shimozukawa; 02-16-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:06 PM
J@son M1ller

I have to agree that Shimo is on a bit of a witch hunt. I understand that one of the great things about this forum is that we call people to task and point out the vagaries of the hobby.

However, this is a bit over the top. Let's just either wait for Brandon to respond or let it die.

I also find it more than a bit unnerving that Shimo is doing the nitpicking considering that he never responded to the question of his numerous bid retractions on ebay which is certainly a questionable practice. I've been on ebay for 10 years and don't think I've ever retracted a bid. I feel like I'm seeing rocks hurled from the proverbial glass house.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Larry Harris
Banned

Ouch!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
i have to agree that shimo is on a bit of a witch hunt. I understand that one of the great things about this forum is that we call people to task and point out the vagaries of the hobby.

However, this is a bit over the top. Let's just either wait for brandon to respond or let it die.

I also find it more than a bit unnerving that shimo is doing the nitpicking considering that he never responded to the question of his numerous bid retractions on ebay which is certainly a questionable practice. I've been on ebay for 10 years and don't think i've ever retracted a bid. I feel like i'm seeing rocks hurled from the proverbial glass house.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Shinzo Shimozukawa
Banned

Last edited by shimozukawa; 02-16-2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: .
Old 02-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Brian T.

Quote:
As for the witch hunt, Brandon and I are discussing it via PMs. He said he's not going to respond in this thread anymore, so I see no point to posting anymore in it either.
Does that mean that he has no JSA LOA for the Bender card?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Ke.n K0hen

I've been wondering at what point, if any, some of this side noise constitutes interference with a potential BST transaction.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Rob Miller

This all could have been avoided if nothing was posted on the B/S/T until the LOA was in hand.