NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-27-2018, 07:35 PM
Patrick N.

Default New eBay Tax Warning (What does it mean?)

Not sure if this is related to the new SC decision, or if something else. Anyone want to explain to me how this would work/how this would impact card buying via eBay and elsewhere? Thanks!

If Pennsylvania sales tax was not collected on this purchase, you may be required to remit use tax directly to the Commonwealth. For more information about your use tax obligations, please visit the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue at the link below.
Pennsylvania Use Tax
Old 07-27-2018, 07:52 PM
Scott Russell

This has always been the law and is nothing new. What is new is that they are telling you about the law.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 07-28-2018, 04:11 AM
Rich Klein

That was originally brought up when the Supreme Court made their internet tax decision during the last session.

I don't care to find the thread but as I noted at the time, this is going to change things for many on-line sellers

Rich
Old 07-28-2018, 05:44 AM
Robert N*w-ell

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...-sales-n873416

SCOTUS Blog Link
Old 07-28-2018, 09:42 AM
Kevin

Default sales/use tax link

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=256539

Wanted:
updated March 3, 2024
Detroit Tigers American Caramel & National Caramel

For sale or trade
updated October 24, 2018
Old 07-28-2018, 02:45 PM
Glyn Parson

I have paid this in pa, before I decided to sell cards again. If you have a resale number and are buying it to resell you don’t have to pay the tax.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:17 AM
Bob C.

The OP noted this Ebay message was in regard to PA, right. This probably has to do with what is known as a Market Facilitator Law that some states had already put into effect to try and get more people to pay the "Use Tax" they owe on online purchases from out-of-state sellers. They figured if they couldn't force the online sellers to collect the sales tax they would at least make them put a message online to their users that if they lived in PA and purchased something online where they were not charged sales tax that the buyer had a legal responsibility to pay "Use Tax" to the state of PA. If the online retailer doesn't do this they could be subject to some actions/penalties. This was being done already prior to the recent Supreme Court ruling concerning South Dakota so if more states adopt the South Dakota law the need for this Market Facilitator statute may go the way of the dinosaurs.

And this was already brought up and discussed on here before. Look back at the thread DetroitBaseball showed a link to. Forget who it was but, someone brought up and talked specifically about being in PA and this exact law requiring sellers to put this reminder/warning about the liability for purchasers to pay PA Use Tax on their sites going forward. I don't know offhand what the penalty could be for a seller not complying, but it was done by the state to make sure people couldn't just say they didn't know. They figured if nothing else, there would be some honest people who probably had no idea about Use Tax before this who would go ahead and actually start paying it so they would not be going against the law.