NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-13-2019, 11:42 AM
Greg C

Default VCP got a face lift

Looks like Bobby gave it a more modern style format

https://vintagecardprices.com/
Old 07-13-2019, 11:43 AM
Peter Spaeth

I am not seeing back scans? Maybe just an early glitch?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:06 PM
James
James Kin.chen

It won't open for me. I get an error message.

IPS Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here
Old 07-13-2019, 12:12 PM

Just tried via phone and I HATE it. Totally different, cannot figure out to how to navigate. I am tech slow, so it may take me some time, but so far I am very not happy and will not keep my subscription if I can’t figure it out

Figured it out a little bit more, and I think it will be fine once my dinosaur- ass gets use to a new interface. But I am having trouble getting back scans (can’t get them)

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 07-13-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:36 PM
je.sse @rnot

I am getting an IPS driver error on my phone, whatever that means. I can pull up the site on a computer but it is taking a long time to load anything. I gave up already. Hopefully these are just minor issues that will be quickly taken care of. But as Rhotchkiss mentioned if I can't figure out the site there's no use paying for the service.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:48 PM
Peter Spaeth

I am alternating between getting in and not. I've seen the same message Jesse has but sometimes it works. I assume it's just a transition thing. I do hope no changes have been made to available scans, resolution, etc.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-13-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:13 PM
Glyn Parson

Default i haven't been able to get in all day

been getting that message all day
Old 07-13-2019, 01:20 PM
Bobby Binder

Yes we launched the new site starting today and will take some time for the DNS propagation. This site rebuild has taken us over a year and we have worked very hard and given thought to everything imaginable. We realize that it is very hard for change, our old site was up for 12 years. It was out dated and we could not do anything with it the past 5 years in regards to improvements.

With this new site we can now do so much more and already have...

Hope that you like our improvements and give it a chance and embrace the change.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:26 PM
Don Hontz

It is terrible---cant get prices---if it isn't broke, why fix it!!
Old 07-13-2019, 01:33 PM
James
James Kin.chen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyVCP View Post
Yes we launched the new site starting today and will take some time for the DNS propagation. This site rebuild has taken us over a year and we have worked very hard and given thought to everything imaginable. We realize that it is very hard for change, our old site was up for 12 years. It was out dated and we could not do anything with it the past 5 years in regards to improvements.

Hope that you like our improvements and give it a chance and embrace the change.
It works on my phone but not my desktop computer. What needs to be done to fix this problem?
Thanks, James
Old 07-13-2019, 01:45 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donscards View Post
It is terrible---cant get prices---if it isn't broke, why fix it!!
In fairness Bobby just mentioned why the change was made. It sounds like more features are being added that should improve the site.

I will give them a chance to work the bugs out. The new site was just launched today.

Bobby perhaps it would help to explain the benefits of the new site vs the old.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:10 PM
DR
David R@tliff

Quote:

Couple comments based on early usage.

When searching T206s, obviously the backs make a difference. Seems like on the phone and laptop you have to "wait" for a "new screen" to populate to see the different combos? On the phone it doesn't always seem to happen.

On the "view all", I really like that feature for set pricing, however...and there may not be a good answer for this, but...

Example 1956 topps. The "view all" set price includes every possible combination of cards (white back, grey backs, the various team versions that you list and you don't actually list them all). It puts the "set price" probably double or more what it actually is.

I really like the idea of being able to get a set price, but I think you've gotta try to do something to define what cards are actually included in each set. If "set" really ends up meaning "master set", it basically becomes meaningless.

I didn't like the "change" as first, but as I'm searching more I'm coming around. Search results definitely seem to be coming faster than previous as well.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:11 PM
Bobby Binder

Best for me to give you some links showing you.

https://www.facebook.com/VintageCard...9104202156228/

https://www.facebook.com/VintageCard...3463602165976/

https://www.facebook.com/VintageCard...6154335004282/
Old 07-13-2019, 02:32 PM
Don Hontz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
In fairness Bobby just mentioned why the change was made. It sounds like more features are being added that should improve the site.

I will give them a chance to work the bugs out. The new site was just launched today.

Bobby perhaps it would help to explain the benefits of the new site vs the old.
. I have tried pc , iPad and phone. Cannot find a price on any card
Old 07-13-2019, 02:36 PM
Eric
Eric

Worked for me on my iPhone. Very different interface. But seems manageable
Old 07-13-2019, 02:42 PM
Bobby Binder

This software is designed to be used on all interfaces, Phones, Pads, Computers, etc...the old one could only be seen in a browser and was clunky.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:18 PM
DR
David R@tliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donscards View Post
. I have tried pc , iPad and phone. Cannot find a price on any card
Have you tried logging in again? Same thing happened to me at first as sounds like is happening to you.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:22 PM

Bobby, I bet in the end it will be a great product. Like Don, I was very happy and familiar with the old format. Maybe also like Don, I don’t do well with change, especially when it involves technology. But I will give it a chance and be patient, and I understand there will be some bugs to work; I just wish you did after Heritage ended!!

Forward!
Old 07-13-2019, 04:32 PM
Bobby Binder

If anyone needs help they can always call

808-634-9588

But please keep in mind I do live in Hawaii so there might be a time difference
Old 07-13-2019, 04:53 PM
Dave Fa*st

Working ok for me, will just take a bit of getting used to it.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:02 PM
Dave Fa*st

Bobby, one thing I'm not seeing. You used to be able to search by category, D cards, N cards, etc....not seeing that now?
Old 07-13-2019, 05:23 PM
Jay

The functionality for T206 backs has been bad for a couple weeks. It's really annoying to have to make 3-5 clicks to get to a back combo especially if it's piedmont/sweet cap. I really miss when the drop down would populate the list of backs and I could get there in 1 click.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:34 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206kid View Post
The functionality for T206 backs has been bad for a couple weeks. It's really annoying to have to make 3-5 clicks to get to a back combo especially if it's piedmont/sweet cap. I really miss when the drop down would populate the list of backs and I could get there in 1 click.
The Magnifying Glass on the right is the Search. You have some options here that you can use.

Decide what area..Baseball, Basketball, etc..

Then Keyword, Player Name, Set Name, ACC#

Just make sure that in the search it is set on ACC# and type in T206
and you will see everything perfectly like you would want.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:42 PM

Default Hi Bobby,

How does it take for a price to hit your site? If there’s a significant lag can that be sped up?
Old 07-13-2019, 05:58 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
How does it take for a price to hit your site? If there’s a significant lag can that be sped up?
All depends what kind of sale took place. Regular auctions on eBay usually post within minutes. BIN's and BO's don't post until the time set by the seller expires. Thanks to eBays API system.
Old 07-13-2019, 06:02 PM
Robert Kasenter

Default I like it

worked well for me
Old 07-13-2019, 06:32 PM

Default Ty Bobby

Quote:
All depends what kind of sale took place. Regular auctions on eBay usually post within minutes. BIN's and BO's don't post until the time set by the seller expires. Thanks to eBays API system.

There is a group of d bags that try to sell cards before the buy price hits your site. They quote the last reported sale as their data point.

Would Leon be open to creating a list of hobby deplorables that use this tactic?
Old 07-13-2019, 06:37 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Do you see the actual accepted price on a BO or just the listed price?

Old 07-13-2019, 06:38 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
There is a group of d bags that try to sell cards before the buy price hits your site. They quote the last reported sale as their data point.

Would Leon be open to creating a list of hobby deplorables that use this tactic?
I may be missing you but if that's all the data that's visible, what are they doing wrong?

Old 07-13-2019, 06:44 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Looks nice. Just need to get use to new format.

My one complaint is that the font colors are too light. I find it hard to read many of the pages. Should just stick to black.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 07-13-2019, 06:48 PM

Default Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I may be missing you but if that's all the data that's visible, what are they doing wrong?

Hi Peter,

I guess they are being sneaky or disingenuous in my opinion. Hypotheical . Example... the last 69 topps PSA 9 Pete Rose sold for 2100. 1000 higher than any previous sale. The next Psa 9 Pete Rose sells for 900. The buyer then shops the card using the 2100 data point which was most likely run up to create an artificial price point.

A few friends of mine have fell for this. I know it’s up to people to know what the market is but the amount of price fixing that is occurring along with eve thing else is huge.

I know an advanced collector like you Peter would not fall for this but I think it’s good to share information.

Just an opinion
Old 07-13-2019, 06:50 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

On the page that shows Filter by Card # or Name, there is an example that shows multiple players. So, I assumed that you can search for multiple players. I tried searching for Mantle & Mays in the 1952 Topps set. I entered Mantle, Mays but received No matching records found.
Does this functionality work or am I doing something wrong?

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 07-13-2019, 06:50 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Hi Peter,

I guess they are being sneaky or disingenuous in my opinion. Hypotheical . Example... the last 69 topps PSA 9 Pete Rose sold for 2100. 1000 higher than any previous sale. The next Psa 9 Pete Rose sells for 900. The buyer then shops the card using the 2100 data point which was most likely run up to create an artificial price point.

A few friends of mine have fell for this. I know it’s up to people to know what the market is but the amount of price fixing that is occurring along with eve thing else is huge.

I know an advanced collector like you Peter would not fall for this but I think it’s good to share information.

Just an opinion
So in your example the 900 Rose has not yet hit VCP?

Old 07-13-2019, 06:52 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
BINs now don't have an expiration date, at least one the seller can set, so how does that work?

Old 07-13-2019, 06:55 PM
Robert Klevens

Bobby, I sold a card on eBay that is listed incorrectly on the site.
Is there a way to get it fixed?

It was eBay item number:273877787415
1959 Sadaharu Oh PSA 6 GOLD Border Hoshi Gangu JCM 24 Japan Rookie Menko Card

It should be listed here GOLD BORDER https://vintagecardprices.com/card/b...haru-Oh/442543

However it is listed here REGULAR BORDER https://vintagecardprices.com/card/b...haru-Oh/375689

Thanks,
Robert
Old 07-13-2019, 07:24 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestigecollectibles View Post
Bobby, I sold a card on eBay that is listed incorrectly on the site.
Is there a way to get it fixed?

It was eBay item number:273877787415
1959 Sadaharu Oh PSA 6 GOLD Border Hoshi Gangu JCM 24 Japan Rookie Menko Card

It should be listed here GOLD BORDER https://vintagecardprices.com/card/b...haru-Oh/442543

However it is listed here REGULAR BORDER https://vintagecardprices.com/card/b...haru-Oh/375689

Thanks,
Robert

Fixed now
Old 07-13-2019, 07:29 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
On the page that shows Filter by Card # or Name, there is an example that shows multiple players. So, I assumed that you can search for multiple players. I tried searching for Mantle & Mays in the 1952 Topps set. I entered Mantle, Mays but received No matching records found.
Does this functionality work or am I doing something wrong?
That is just sample entry it takes just one name or number. But if there are multiple cards in that set with the same name or number then they will show up. For example in the T206 if you type McGraw all 4 of his cards will show.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:42 PM
T0NY @

Will you be adding a larger image of the card?

Although the new zoom feature is a nice option, having a nice large image other than the smaller pic currently showing would be nice.

You know, like it used to be :-)
Old 07-13-2019, 07:53 PM
Jay

Quote:
The Magnifying Glass on the right is the Search. You have some options here that you can use.

Decide what area..Baseball, Basketball, etc..

Then Keyword, Player Name, Set Name, ACC#

Just make sure that in the search it is set on ACC# and type in T206
and you will see everything perfectly like you would want.
That wasn't what I was saying. Say I want to query a Green Cobb with a Piedmont back. About a month ago I could type T206 cobb in the search bar, and the drop down would populate with all the cobbs and all the backs...I could scroll down and select what I wanted.

Now I have to type T206 cobb, get all the results, then scroll down, go to page 2, then click the combo I want. I do a ton of queries, and it's not a trivial thing.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:47 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206kid View Post
That wasn't what I was saying. Say I want to query a Green Cobb with a Piedmont back. About a month ago I could type T206 cobb in the search bar, and the drop down would populate with all the cobbs and all the backs...I could scroll down and select what I wanted.

Now I have to type T206 cobb, get all the results, then scroll down, go to page 2, then click the combo I want. I do a ton of queries, and it's not a trivial thing.
Okay I see what you are talking about and think I know what you are looking for, put in a ticket on it. Give it some time but the search in the future should show up with all the back combination as well.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:41 PM

Bobby, I am a big t206 guy. First thing I did on the new site (on my phone) was search t206 Cobb (Jay great minds....). A large list game up of the front variations (red, green, bat on etc), but I had no idea which of this red portrait links was for Lenox or told you or piedmont, without clicking on the link. I too really liked that I could search t206 Cobb and the first page would be all the Cobb variations in all the possible back combos.

Likely same with e92 (dockman, nadja, crofts cocoa and candy, blank, etc)
Old 07-14-2019, 06:37 AM
Troy Rambo

Quote:
Okay I see what you are talking about and think I know what you are looking for, put in a ticket on it. Give it some time but the search in the future should show up with all the back combination as well.
Bobby- Thanks for having this as a resource and the willingness to improve the site! Sure there are going to be things that will take a little getting used to but the data is there and I am thankful we have something better than ebay, SMR or Beckett to do research for pricing! The historical data is fantastic!!
Old 07-14-2019, 09:22 AM
Thomas
Th0mas Ch.urch

In the future it would be nice NOT to change the site on Saturday! Could not use it at the show yesterday, and likely cost me some nice stuff. But today seems to work good.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:35 AM
Jay

Quote:
Awesome! Much appreciated
Old 07-14-2019, 10:00 AM
Eric
Eric

Used it this morning to look for a card and automatically auctions that had the card listed popped up. Cool feature. Easy to navigate with my phone.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:02 AM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by icurnmedic View Post
In the future it would be nice NOT to change the site on Saturday! Could not use it at the show yesterday, and likely cost me some nice stuff. But today seems to work good.
The change actually started Friday night which is our slowest traffic day of the week. We thought we would have the site up sooner but doing these things and moving large sites you do run into issues and we had our share of problems. The site is running fairly smoothly now and we do have some errors that need attention. But the hard part is over...
Old 07-14-2019, 10:15 AM
T0NY @

Bobby, even as a gold member images are small in size. I realize you've implemented a circular zoom feature by touching the image with the cursor which is great, but do you also plan on having larger images available such as what the old site offered?
Old 07-14-2019, 11:25 AM
Mike Reid

Bobby: one thing that isn’t on the new site that I wish you could bring back is the number of cards that are in the “my collection” header. It used to be in there with “viewing all groups in collection “. Other than that I really like it.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:41 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballcrazy62 View Post
Bobby: one thing that isn’t on the new site that I wish you could bring back is the number of cards that are in the “my collection” header. It used to be in there with “viewing all groups in collection “. Other than that I really like it.
A ticket request has been put in to add this to the MC

So will look like: My Collection (278 Cards)

Last edited by BobbyVCP; 07-14-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:27 PM
Connor
Connor

Default Hi Bobby

Hi Bobby,

I hope all is well. Congrats on the new look site..
Something I have noticed being a M101-5 and m101-4 collector is #186 Zach Wheat in the -5 section is not listed correctly- Bobby Wallace cards are in the wheat sold comps section. And no 186 Bobby Wallace listed. I have noticed others players missing also.. referencing all the card numbers and variations may be helpful. The best source to see the true master set list is old cardboard .com combined master set list of m101-4s and m101-5s.. I would like to see wheat comps also who is the same number..

I noticed this on the old site also.

Thank you,
Connor