NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Scott

Default April Coach's Commode auction is up

I'm too busy preparing damn taxes and my home computer is out for debugging right now, so haven't had much time to look.

The April Coach's Crapper auction is up. if anyone wants to check it out and post some nuggets. I did see a 27 Yankee ball right off, so don't miss out on the action.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

I use to buy stuff from them in the 1990s. Got some good deals back then on authentic items. Now, it is kind of ridiculous what they have every month.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
I use to buy stuff from them in the 1990s. Got some good deals back then on authentic items.

Of course you did
Old 04-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

That I did.

Don't compare what they sale now with what was available 15 years ago.

Totally different game back then.

Probably before your time.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:24 AM
keith janosky

Dave, 15 years ago was just as bad with them. They were selling stuff with Stans Sprots certs, J. Diamaggio certs and all the ones that were found in Operation Bullpen. I bought from them also and threw all that stuff away after I read that book. They were selling garbage back them to. Nothing has changed.

Last edited by keithsky; 04-09-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:43 PM

I haven't looked in their auctions for a long while, but before have seen a few items with JSA & PSA coas. Just modern stuff, not Babe Ruths or Joe Jacksons.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Scott S

It's always been that a majority of their stuff was junk, but 15 years ago (as is now), there are a few good things in the rubble.

Back at the time, fewer people probably knew what a sham the operation was, so they may have had a few more legit consignors. But the majority of the stuff has always been bad.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

I was as picky back then as I am now, and the few items I did buy were all legit and I never had any problems with the autos or from the people who bought these items. Even now you can buy items with PSA/DNA, JSA, UDA, and other legit items in their auctions. The majority is modern.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Even now you can buy items with PSA/DNA, JSA, UDA, and other legit items in their auctions. The majority is modern.
Perhaps true, but why would anyone want to support an operation like that, even if the item you are getting may be authentic?

Steve Zarelli
Old 04-10-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
Perhaps true, but why would anyone want to support an operation like that, even if the item you are getting may be authentic?

Steve Zarelli
Because it's american and it's any person's right to do what they want. What give you the right to tell people where they can and can't spend their own money?
Old 04-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringking View Post
Because it's american and it's any person's right to do what they want. What give you the right to tell people where they can and can't spend their own money?

Where did I "tell people where they can and can't spend their money"?

I simply asked why people would support an operation that is a major distributor of suspect autographs.

Some collectors will buy from Satan if the price is right and as long as **they** are not the one getting screwed. While they have every "right" to do so, I have every right to think it shows poor ethics.

Last edited by Mr. Zipper; 05-27-2011 at 09:03 AM.