NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-28-2014, 03:26 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Board issues with emails from PMs (again)

Thanks to Peter S. we think we have some (hopefully all) of the issue figured out with the email situation. We were told Verizon is blocking emails for some unknown reason. This is from our hosting company and they probably have a good idea when they say this, that it is the case. If you are NOT getting emails now and you were a month ago, and you are NOT on Verizon, please post in this thread. I will give the hosting company your email address and they can test it. Hopefully after this support ticket we will have put this issue to bed once and for all. .... I don't believe this would have fixed itself had we not reported it. Verizon said it could be 72 hours before service is resumed. Sorry for the interruptions.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

I know I emailed Scott Garner on the 24th and he never got it, I PM'd him a couple days later and it went right through.

Ken
Old 12-28-2014, 07:22 PM

Ken is correct.
I actually have seen a few instances that I have not received e-mails at ATT.net.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Ken is correct.
I actually have seen a few instances that I have not received e-mails at ATT.net.
The hosting company has been working on this for a few weeks (on and off as ya'll know). The main thing is right now. If anyone not using Verizon is not getting their emails now, and you were before, then I need to know. I don't want to send the hosting company on wild goose chase .
Old 12-29-2014, 08:17 AM
Don Hontz

Leon I still am not receiving emails it has been like this for a solid week. When I log onto net 54, I see my private messages--but they are not being sent to my email. Don
Old 12-29-2014, 08:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donscards View Post
Leon I still am not receiving emails it has been like this for a solid week. When I log onto net 54, I see my private messages--but they are not being sent to my email. Don
Send me an email to.. leon@net54baseball.com ...and I will report it to the hosting company...assuming you are not on Verizon AND you were getting them before the conversion a few weeks ago.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:44 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Each and every person (3-4 so far, a few with the same service provider) that has sent me a request has had their email sent on for analysis. This just back...

"Leon,

I was able to look through the logs for those users and with a little research it looks like they are both related to a service called CloudMark. I was able to submit a request for a reputation reset with them. I fully expect them to accept it, though I really can't say how long that will take.

I looked through the complete logs and it looks like everything else either had to do with CloudMark, or Reverse-DNS which I had to do in order to complete the remediation request.

I do think we're getting close to having this completely behind us, but we'll keep on the lookout. I'll have this issue follow up to continue checking for any similar occurrences. If anything comes up in the meantime, do let us know and we'll do what we can to get you back to 100%.
Thank you!!