NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Archive

Default Charity Auction for ALS - Autographed baseballs

Hi Everyone

We have a coach at our local school who works for the Brewers during the MLB season and coaches girls basketball for our school in the off season.

He recently sent out requests to MLB baseball players for autographed baseballs to auction off to raise money for ALS.

The auction will be on December 20th, 2014 and will be held by written bids. If anyone is interested in bidding, I will need to know which player(s) autograph you are interested in and what your maximum bid will be.

I will attend the event if anyone is interested in bidding and will place your bids accordingly. In other words, I won't start off with your maximum bid or reach your maximum bid unless a ball reaches that level.

If anyone is willing to help and wins a baseball, I will pick up the shipping for you. So free shipping for Net54 members on me!

Post, PM or email me with your player selection and maximum bid.

Here is the list of players who have donated an autographed baseball.

Andrew McCutchen
Carlos Beltran
Craig Kimbrel
Freddie Freeman
C. C. Sabathia
Starlin Castro
Jason Heyward
Mark Teixeira
Paul Goldschmidt
Orel Hershiser
Jonathon Papelbon
Jimmy Rollins
Aroldis Chapman
Jay Bruce

Please note that none of these baseballs have a COA since they were acquired directly from the player.

Thank you in advance for helping raise money for ALS and Thank you Leon for allowing me to post this up on the board.

Jantz
Old 12-14-2014, 06:04 PM
Archive

I wanted to add that I will pay for the baseballs myself and any winning Net54 bidders can pay me back by check, postal money order or Paypal(friends/family).

Receipts will also be issued for proof of final bid price.

Thanks again

Jantz
Old 12-14-2014, 07:09 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default I have no clue

Jantz,
I may be interested in a couple signed baseballs but I have no idea what the cost of these might be. Now since it's for charity, I am not thinking it has to be "market value" ( boy do I hate that term, but I'm using it illustratively)
It could go higher or lower but that is not my point.
For example... Is a Freddie Freeman going to go for 50 bucks or 500?
I really have no clue . I'd be gifting the ball, so I wouldn't go tremendously high, but I don't want to insult the process with a bit 10x below the value.

Do you (or others here) have a ballpark figure on a modern MLB player signed ball?

Clueless In WA.

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:57 PM
Archive

Hi Brian

I have to admit, I can't offer any help as far as value for these baseballs since I don't collect autographs, but the auction is going to be set up so that each baseball will have a bid sheet assigned to it.

Bidders will write their name and bid down on the sheet for whatever ball they are interested in. If another bidder is willing to donate(bid) more, they can cross out the previous bidder's name and write in their higher bid. Some balls may get bids in $5 increments or some may only get bumped $1. I'm just asking for a member's maximum bid so that I know when to stop bidding. So no one's name but mine will appear on the bid sheets.

Keep in mind all the baseballs were donated for free and any money raised will be appreciated, no matter how high or low the final price is. There isn't a targeted price for any baseball, just what anyone is willing to donate.

The auction is being held during a high school boys basketball game, so it won't be like there will be a gymnasium full of collectors in attendance.

Also, I should have stated in my initial post that I won't be bidding on any of these baseballs. I'm doing my part by picking up the shipping for you guys & gals.

Hope this helps

Jantz
Old 12-15-2014, 02:12 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

You should also post this in the auto side!

ken
Old 12-15-2014, 02:39 PM
Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
You should also post this in the auto side!

ken
Will do Ken

Thanks