NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-12-2023, 11:46 AM

Default T206 question

I have seen many people put together a t206 sheet and my question if this is correct then why do we seen t206 cards with double names of the same player on the top and bottom?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20231112_134839_eBay.jpg (164.1 KB, 377 views)

Last edited by esd10; 11-12-2023 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-12-2023, 11:50 AM

This is not my card just showing what I was asking about
Old 11-12-2023, 12:22 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

The sheets, for the most part but not always, repeated the same subject in a column vertically. Eddie Collins was printed above Eddie Collins, for example. The lithographers used different types of layouts for different sets, not all T card sheets look like this, but the T206's did for the most part. Thus most vertical miscuts (not quite all) will show the same subject
Old 11-12-2023, 04:40 PM
P@trick R.omolo

It's complicated because there is definitive proof that the sheet layouts changed during the T206 printing and more than likely the size of the sheets also changed.

Some of the sheets had the same vertical subject from the bottom to the top of the sheet while other sheets were split with the same vertical subject on the first half
and a different subject on the other half. The biggest vertical plate scratch sheet is 12 T206's high with the same vertical subject from bottom to the top of the sheet.
Knowing that we know that some sheets were at least 12 T206's high (or bigger) so there were at least 12 verticals of the same subject on some sheets while some of the other
sheets were at least 6 verticals of one subject and 6 verticals of a different subject.

This is just my opinion how the sheets were printed for each print group

Print group 1 150/350 subjects were printed two different ways some sheets with the same vertical subject used and some sheets that were split 50/50.

Print group 2 350 only subjects were printed on split sheets with the possibility that some sheets were printed with the same vertical subject on the whole sheet.

Print group 3 350/460 subjects same vertical subject sheets only

Print group 4 460 only subjects same vertical subject sheets only

Print group 5 super prints split sheets when printed with print group 2 350 only subjects. Full sheet same vertical subjects when printed on print group 3 & 4 sheets.

Print group 6 Southern Leaguers Split sheets and a slight possibly that some sheets were printed with the same vertical subject on the whole sheet.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-15-2023, 03:14 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I don't have much to add but that is great info Pat (even if it's only your opinion)

Last edited by Leon; 11-15-2023 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-17-2023, 06:53 AM
Jim Parker

Hey Pat, great insights...remind me again where to find the research (or proof?) that the sheets were at least 12 high and have the EXACT same subject in all 12 spots? also that if a verticle is split, it is split exactly in half. I hadn't caught those two subtleties before.

Also, regarding the super prints, are you saying they were printed on their very own sheets, or they were mixed in on same sheet as print group 3/4/5?

thx jim

Last edited by parkerj33; 11-17-2023 at 06:54 AM.
Old 11-17-2023, 09:21 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerj33 View Post
Hey Pat, great insights...remind me again where to find the research (or proof?) that the sheets were at least 12 high and have the EXACT same subject in all 12 spots? also that if a verticle is split, it is split exactly in half. I hadn't caught those two subtleties before.

Also, regarding the super prints, are you saying they were printed on their very own sheets, or they were mixed in on same sheet as print group 3/4/5?

thx jim

Hey Jim, There are two plate scratch sheets that put the minimum height at 12 cards high of the same subject in each vertical column.

Here's the best example. I've put red lines over the actual scratches and a black box around the Simon Nicholls vertical row because he has scratches on cards that cover the longest span.

Sheetper20G%20-%20Copy - Copy (2).jpg

Here are two examples of the Oldring scratch in the lower right corner of this sheet that have huge corner crop marks that indicate the right corner (back) and left corner (front) of this sheet.

img916.jpg
img917.jpg

I don't have positive proof that on the sheets that were split were split 50/50 it's just my opinion from the research that I've done.

Of all the two name cards that are confirmed none are from print group 3 or 4 and the two super prints that are confirmed (Chance yellow portrait and Chase blue portrait) have a print group 2 subject on the top.