NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-11-2008, 06:44 AM
Administrator

Default Mr. Mint is Angry!!

Posted By: Aaron Patton

(with a Seinfeldian tone)

...thats a shame:

http://tiny.cc/SkjU5

Old 07-11-2008, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave S

As many here will echo...F#*K Mr. Mint...

Old 07-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh Adams

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1007950/trailers-screenplay-vi4092068121

Here's the trailer. Doesn't look that bad. I bet you can get it on demand through IFC.

Great shots of our fair city.

Go Go White Sox
2005 World Series Champions!

Old 07-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty

New film has hobby's 'Mr. Mint' steaming mad
July 09, 2008

Baseball card collecting is one of the dominant themes in the new motion picture, "Diminished Capacity," but not everyone associated with the hobby is thrilled by how card dealers are portrayed in the film.
In the movie, a Chicago journalist suffering from memory loss (played by Matthew Broderick) takes leave from his job and returns to his rural hometown, where he bonds with his Alzheimer's-impaired uncle Rollie (played by Alan Alda) and his old flame (Virginia Madsen). The trio heads to a card show in the city, where Rollie hopes to sell a rare baseball card that has gained the attention of some collectors intent on scheming the old man out of a potential fortune.

The notion of dealers trying to pay as little as possible for valuable cards has been used before in the movies (as in the 1999 film "Blast From The Past"), but in this film, the primary no-good dealer character goes by the name "The Mint-Mint Man," a parody of well-known vintage card dealer Alan "Mr Mint" Rosen. The Mint-Mint Man's show display features a photo of him fanning out a wad of cash, similar to images Rosen has used for years to promote himself at shows.

Director Terry Kinney told the New York Daily News that The Mint-Mint Man's sign and nickname were inspired by a research trip to a card show, where he saw Rosen's "Mr. Mint" booth and his trademark wads-of-dough portrait. Rosen told the Daily News that he wasn't happy with the suggestion that he operates in the same way as the character in the movie.

"They ripped off my persona, my character," Rosen told the paper. "I have a corny act, like a pro wrestling character, that I spent many years and millions of dollars establishing, and they stole it from me." Rosen said he contacted an attorney to see if there was a legal avenue to pursue, but his attorneys told him he didn't have a case. "They portray the character as dishonest and that bothers me," Rosen says. "I am 100 percent honest. I don't take advantage of old men like the guy in the movie. I'm a huckster, but I'm also an honest guy."

Old 07-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: howard

Can someone bring me up to speed on Mr. Mint? Why is he so detested on this forum?

Thanks,

Howard

Old 07-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: peter ullman

that's too bad Mr Mint's pissed. atleast he recognizes his persona is merely an act...and a corny one at that. from my experiences...stemming from my childhood...lot's of dealers were scumbags. the hobby was different then, valuations weren't as high, but most dealers I dealt with usually tried to take advantage anyway...and some still do. So maybe this portrayal is founded...and some dealers don't like to be reminded. How do you think I feel everyday when patients come in and say:"don't take this personally...but I really hate coming to see you!"

Old 07-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingcardman

He forgot to add "except sexually"; why else would he look like a gay pirate?

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 07-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

horse's ass

Generally in life you earn whatever reputation people brand you with.
there are always exceptions, but...

Old 07-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard Dwyer

They should do a movie on Dick Giddings.

Two thumbs up for them making this movie about Mr. Mint.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: keyway

No one person has brought the hobby to light more than Mr. Mint. Don't care if you like him or not. If his style has been copied in a film in a detrimental way then he has a right to be pissed.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy

Howard and others,

It just comes down to personal experiences at shows and with other people I have talked with; there is no need for the way "Mr Mint" acts at shows he attends. I certainly agree with the above, when I was a kid you did feel like dealers just seem to rush you take your money and run. Maybe that is why we have such a good group of collectors and dealers today (Net54), taking those experiences and learning from them. The hobby has always had the reputation of dealers trying to take advantage, and even some of the dealers I trust and know try to get an edge. It's just some are worse than others, just part of being in the hobby and you deal with it and adjust.

Jimmy

Old 07-11-2008, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John

That seemed like unbiased journalism what really sells it is the constant cheap shots at the movie and the giant flashing ad with Al Rosen on top.

Movie I hear good things about…can’t say the same about Al…

Although Leon and Al are very very close…

Ahhh the good ol' days.

P.S. I buddy of mine's band did the music you can download the album here for free.....

http://www.canastamusic.com/

Old 07-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric

John...those are great. Especially the black and white. Looks really good!

Old 07-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt E.

Since Mr. Mint has declared he will never do another National (a statement I am sure he regrets), this may be his only chance to set up as the alter ego "The Mint-Mint Man" as protrayed in the movie. Fair is fair.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

fair is fair
and a few others come to mind:
what goes around comes around
live by the sword, die by the sword
no one should actually believe he is truly upset. -or that this should come as a surprise to him
more pub is good pub

Old 07-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Michael Steele

Have been a collector for 30 years and have NEVER purchased a card from Al. Will never sell a card to him. Always ignored him at shows. To each his own and his mannerism is a turn off to me. I am sure I am not alone.
I am really sure this pub is really a positive in his mind. Trying not to be negative but when his name is mentoned it does get me riled up some. Back to cards

Michael

Old 07-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I am disappointed.....I am much more handsome than your portrayals.... though the resemblence to Mr.Mint is scary and a little disurbing ....I would hope I never get that kind of reputation....I will find another hobby if I do....nice artwork though

Old 07-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

he won't get anywhere with his lawsuit because the truth is an absolute defense.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Anderson

John, as the victim of many photoshop hooligans at work myself, those were quite funny. I love the Beatles cover and the Rat Pack. Chewbacca seems to be a favorite to post faces on around here!

--------------------------

Rosen definitely set himself up intentionally in this professional wrestler type of shtick, and like it or not, it works. It's not my personality by any means, and it fascinates me that many people are indeed drawn to it. But I have to hand it to him - he does know how to put on a show.

Personally, my only interaction was many, many years ago. I was at my first NSCC and brought a few things I didn't know much about at the time. Among them was a 1932 German Olympics set that I bought from a WWII vet in my hometown. I had no idea who Mr. Mint was, but as his booth was empty at the time, I stopped to ask him if he knew anything about it. He went off on a verbal tirade that suggested owning the set made me a Nazi sympathizer. I was absolutely stunned by his reaction. I suppose with a Jewish background, perhaps he reacts strongly to anything German-related from that era, which I understand. (For the record, I am a Protestant seminary graduate who aggressively supports Israel, lived in Israel for a summer, and attended the Hebrew University of Jerusalem while studying Biblical archaeology!) My interest in the set was that it featured Jesse Owens on one of my favorite all-time cards. Unfortunately, the set was stolen a few years ago along with my entire pre-war boxing collection.

That was my first and last interaction with Alan. Possibly just a misunderstanding, but I wasn't exactly itching to go chat with him again after that.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: D. Bergin

Mr. Mint is a public figure. The supposed portrayal of him in the movie looks like satire, which is protected under freedom of speech I imagine.

Same reason George Bush can't sue anybody when he's made fun of on television shows and celebrities can't sue the South Park producers when their made fun of on that show.

It may be even harder for him to make a case because it's not actually him, it's just inspired by him.

It's the polar opposite of a situation that occurred regarding boxer Joey Giardello. He was able to successfully get a settlement against the producers of the movie "The Hurricane" because one of the so-called "true events" in the film was so blatantly false. In that case there was no satire involved, it was just straight up false storytelling based on a true event that had thousands of witnesses and can easily be found on film.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DMcD

Humbly posted with apologies to the Great Wonka.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John

No need to say your sorry, very funny! I wonder how his quote would go....float like a butterfly and.......

Old 07-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bruce Babcock

Honk if Alan Rosen HAS NOT threatened to sue you.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Nick G

I NEVER got why people sold cards to Al Rosen. I mean a novice.. maybe i can understand, he is the first person you see at the show. He has the first table and the big signs, etc.

BUT...

Why don't those people stop to think... Where are his cards for sale??? Obviously we know he doesn't have any. He use to have those auctions back in the day but otherwise its well known that he "flips" everything. It use to be all to one guy but i wont get into that here.

The point being if you stop to think that this guy doesn't have anything for sale... it would only mean that he is reselling the stuff to another dealer.. So... if thats the case... Why cant I (or whoever is selling) simply sell the stuff to the guy who Rosen is selling too, and make an extra 20%. It always seemed very simple to me. But then again i have been in the hobby a long time.

Love him or hate him few can argue that he has spent a ton on advertising to make his mug the most known in the hobby.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

Here was my Rosen chuckle for the month.

July 11th SCD. Front cover (OK. It's the advertising cover.) Typical AL pose. He's holding the merchandise. Seller is holding a big wad of cash. Of course, in the background is the sign of dacardworld.com. Dave and Adam must be laughing their asses off.

(Note- no photoshop skills were used in the creation of this post. Some things are too funny as they are.)

Old 07-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bruce Perry

Alan Rosen would like to be known as the straw that stirred the drink.........now to his credit he has probably invested more money in advertising than anyone in the history of the hobby...and he has an excellent business sense....he has located many of the key finds of vintage cards...early bowmans (KC find) 52T semi high and high numbers (NY find), unopened 55 topps and 55 bowmans (Paris Tn find) etc...he is ruthless. I have seen him tackle collectors bringing their cards into the show to sell...this is before they were 10 feet in the door....I have seen him verbally belittle our good friend Barry Sloate at the old George Washington lodge Willow Grove show and it was 100% uncalled for...he yelled at me during setup for the 1987 national in SF because I would not wait on him as I was extremely busy trying to set up...at one time he was selling some books about himself...at the 1993 national a good friend of mine walked by his booth with a copy of one of his books, which he had just bought at a book store on the west coast, and Rosen proceeded to start yelling at him for not paying for and stealing the book....unbelievable...just a few memories I have....what a hobby.....

Old 07-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: D. Bergin

Ha Ha! The guy with Rosen doesn't seem quite as happy to be holding all that money as he should. I think Al creeps him out just a little.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: josh

I completed one transaction with him in the late 1980s. I was at the Disneyland Hotel and if I recall correctly Pete Rose was signing that day. I bought two complete w551 sets in uncut strips. I was real young back then but the guy was very nice and friendly. I got back into the hobby last year from a seventeen year lay off and I called him. I wanted to ask him a few questions regarding the uncut strips and I was very surprised that he remembered those sets he had and somewhat remembered our deal. We talked for about fifteen minutes and was very helpful and friendly.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andrew

Mr. Mint is so '80s.

"Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame." -- Erica Jong

Old 07-12-2008, 03:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ed Ivey

Too funny, Wonka.

Abbey Road AND the moon in 1969?

Old 07-12-2008, 03:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Uncle Bob

About 15 years ago my on (then about 13) and I attended a Natonal, one of about ten or so in a row that marked the highlight of our summers. At that special show we found a cigarette card depicting one "Dame Clara Butt," an apparently enormous soprano wno, according to at least one critic, was possessed of enough volume and mass that "on a clear day, she could [be heard] across the English Channel". But John and I bought the card, for fifty cents or so, because how many guys can say they have a Dame Clara Butt in their collections? Then it occured to one of us that this cigarette card must be part of history ... the first true cigarette Butt.

So in a light moment we walked up to the front of the show, where The Great Man was offering some guy in a straw hat almost fifty dollars for his near mint 52Topps Eddie Mathews. Waiting our turn, we at last got to reveal our wonderful joke, asking the Mint Man if he wanted to be in on this piece of history, the first and only True Butt.

The look we got in reply was worthy of WC Fields ... "Go away boy, you bother me." Actually what he said was "Get the hell out of my space."

Never bought anything from him before, and certanly won't ever sell anything to him now. Not even Dame Clara Butt, who could have beeen the cornerstone of his collection. I bet she's worth at least a buck now.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

I had one encounter with him about fifteen years ago when I offered to sell him a raw nm/mt CJ Speaker (later graded PSA 8). He looked at it for about a half a second and tossed it down on the table and started talking to somebody else. He did not say anything to me. I asked what he thought and he replied, in a curt manner, "Not interested!" as if I had offended him by offering the card. His ads did say, "I buy it all!". I will never deal with him again. He is not looking for customers like the folks on this board. He is looking for people who don't fully understand what they have so he can lowball them and flip the material to another dealer. Just my opinion. Maybe he is just upset that he could not play himself in the movie.
JimB

Old 07-15-2008, 12:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Seth Nagdeman

I went with a friend to see the movie. I talked with someone that worked in the theater where I saw the film and he mentioned that it has limited distribution of only 500 theaters nationwide.

I have never had any dealings with Mr. Mint. When I have passed by his table when walking around shows I've always said hi to him and he has always smiled and said hi back.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

I have bought and sold with Al several times over the years. I have been at his table hundreds of times and have never seen him treat anyone badly kids nor adults. I have heard many horror stories but I have not seen any in person. He has always been more than fair with Dad and I and I don't care what anyone says, he single handedly changed the hobby when he hit the scene. Some may say for better or for worse but I like Al and will gladly continue to deal with him and his stage partner Dave Czuba. Sincerely, Dan Mckee.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: D. C. Markel

Wonka,

(in the Seinfeldian enthusiasm of Kenny Bania....)

...Thats gold Jerry! Gold!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

<<<The guy with Rosen doesn't seem quite as happy to be holding all that money as he should. I think Al creeps him out just a little.>>>

I've always wondered what the conversation is like after the sale, when Rosen wants the sucker -- er, I mean, seller -- to pose for a photo with a few wrapped hundreds.

Al: Now that I just bought your childhood collection, I'd like for you to take a picture with me.

Seller: What for?

Al: This is such an important collection, the world should see where it came from.

Seller: Oh really? Where will this photo be shown?

Al: I am going to use it in my future advertisements to bring other collecions to my table.

Seller: Oh.

Al: And also I would like you to hold this money up to the camera.

Seller: Why should I hold up the money?

Al: Just fan the wrapped bills out like you're holding a hand of cards. Great. Now smile for the camera.

****PHOTOGRAPH IS TAKEN****

Al: Now please sign this release and waiver.

Seller: Uh, okay.

Al: Now go away. You are now useless to me.

It's one thing to get taken by the man, but does he have to show us pictures of his various kills? Another satisfied victim -- er, I mean, customer.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com for signed deadball card galleries, articles and more!

Old 07-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard Simon

I was setting up at the JFK Airport Show many years ago. Rosen happened to be standing near me talking to L.A. I placed a Ruth ss ball on my table and it caught his eye. I forget my asking price, but he made a low offer for it and started to reach into his pocket (for his money) as if the honor of getting an offer from him was an automatic deal for me. I turned down his offer and the look on his face would have scared General Patton.
About an hour later Mr. L.A. came to my table, for Rosen, and bought the ball at my asking price.
I don't believe he has done very much for this hobby.
==

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
Unknown author
--
We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.
No retreat baby, no surrender.
The Boss

Old 07-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jodi Birkholm

Rich,

Is that "L.A." as in Los Angeles, or Louie Avon? Louie's great!

Old 07-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve Murray

"Honk if Alan Rosen HAS NOT threatened to sue you."

Old 07-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JT Burchfield

"talking to L.A."

Lou Albano?

Old 07-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingcardman

"It's one thing to get taken by the man, but does he have to show us pictures of his various kills?"

And so dead on. Given his wholesale buying status, all his purchases are hobby road kill. I've also wondered at the intelligence of the victims who take cash and then create a nice full color record of it. Not that I am accusing them of not paying their taxes on the cash from AR; perish the thought.

Hey, Alan Rosen = AR and Arnold Rothstein = AR. AR was also known as "The Big Bankroll" Coincidence? Or as interrelated as an Appalachian mining town?

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 07-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Vincent

The Mint Man was the reason for one memorable moment for me. I attended many of the Jim Hawkin's organized shows in Plymouth Michigan, during the mid/late 1980's. As usual, I would often arrived several hours early, so as to be one of the first paying patrons to enter the show. Given the amount of time to sit idle prior to gaining entrance, I would often chat with those collectors waiting with me. One year, a gentleman stood with me, holding a brown paper grocery bag. After an hour or so of chitchat with the gentleman, I inquired as to the bag's contents. He moved closed, and whispered that it contained both Lou Gehrig home, and road jerseys. He was bringing them to show, and hopefully sell, to Mr. Mint. He asked if I'd like to hold one of the jerseys. Needless to say, I jumped at the opportunity. I was surprised at how heavy the material was. They don't make them that heavy now. Any how, just before the show opened, Mr. Mint elected to take a leak before the show started. He spied the gentleman next to me with the Gehrig jerseys (still safely in the bag), realized who he was and what he was bringing, and quickly wisked the man into the show, to his both. As soon as the doors opened, I entered. And in front of lights and cameras, the sale of the Gerhig jerseys to Mr. Mint was conducted.

While holding such a jersey may not match the opportunity to swing Joe Jackson's Black Betsy (Jodi, you lucky guy !), it was likely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me. And Mr. Mint, love him or hate him, was indirectly responsible for that opportunity.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ricky Y

He was curt with me too...I wear that as a badge of honor He did impact the hobby...and I think his appearences did bring out a lot of good stuff into the market..but I think it was all about the money and publicity for him...one came with the other. I'm sure he could be charming if you brought him the stuff he liked...but if you didn't then he was not always pleasant. I saw him at many shows..and I saw him act that way a lot. He may have been busy and I'm sure he was hounded a lot at shows..but if you cared about the hobby you should act with some form of civility and care for your customers. I mean its not that hard to just say politely "I appreciate your interest in wanting to sell to me..but I'm not interested." 14 words..is it?

To show a flip side of the coin..I called Rob Lifson once about some stuff to consign..he walked through each stuff with me and thanked me for calling him although some of the items were just "not suitable" for his auction...but he was friendly and courteous throughout and treated me like someone he had known and dealt with for many years. I'll bet if a little kid went up to him at a card show and asked him if he wanted to buy a 2000 Topps card, Rob would still show courtesy and interest.

Ricky Y

Old 07-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jerry

He was rude and obnoxious at the National Convention that was held in Houston circa 1990. I was walking by his booth and he was spouting barbs about how we Texans were a bunch of hicks and there was no collectors here, etc, etc. I guess we actually weren't stupid enough to sell him a bunch of stuff cheap.

Many years later I got the upperhand on him on an Ebay deal and gave him a little grief.

It was quite sweet to Munson him alitte

Old 07-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Wayne

He has done it to himself...what goes around, comes around. BOOHOO life goes on! NEXT!

Old 07-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

Obviously all of the horror stories can't be false so I am sure he has had his moments and when I stated that he did a lot for the hobby I never implied that he cared about it at all. I agree the money and the publicity were the drive. I am just a firm believer that he had a huge impact on the hobby by bringing the stuff out of the woodwork at the time. Remember, this was long before the internet. Ted Z, where is my back up???? U chicken sh@t!

Old 07-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony S.

I'd like to see someone construction a convention center with a mobile front door, so that as he sets up right by the door, and turns his back to it, it stealthy glides to the opposite end of convention center.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Anthony- that is a great idea.....

Dan Mckee- no doubt Mr.Mint has done a lot for the hobby in publicity and maybe brought some cards out of the woodwork. I have only been in the hobby about 12 yrs, as you know, and am very happy to have never met him in person. Every time I used to see him at the National I would just walk by. I treat him and Broadway Rick the same way...I ignore them. Mr.Mint is an advertising machine and possibly the best known person in the hobby....though it sounds like most that know him would prefer not to....best regards

Old 07-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JimCrandell

One of the funniest things I have seen was at the 2006 National in Los Angeles where Rosen thought he had a seat right by the main entrance to the show.Instead all the people were diverted to another entrance by BMW Sportscards and Memory Lane.

It was funny to see Alan sitting alone down there and even funnier to see him yelling at the show's promoters over where he was located.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rich Klein

And I consider him a hobby friend. Al has done a lot for the hobby, brought a lot of cool items into the hobby and when you really get a chance to chat with him, is truly a decent person from whom I learned a lot about the hobby.

I can say that, because for 3 consecutive years in the 1980's, I sat next to him on a plane returning from the National -- and I learned so much chatting with him that I consider those some of the best investments I have ever made.

Can he be boorish, yes. Can he be charming, yes.

Would I trust him in a deal, yes!

Regards
Rich Klein