NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default SGC - Net54baseball - 2012 National Convention Grading Special

Here and back by popular demand is the grading special for Net54baseball Members concerning the 2012 National Sports Collectors Convention. This special is in effect from Aug. 1st-5th, 2012. It can be used on site and through the mail as long as it is post marked in that date period. For every 10 cards submitted you will get 1 free submission, no limit. For example 10 cards will be 11 submitted, 20 cards will be 22 submitted, 30 cards will be 33 submitted etc.... It can be used for on site grading or back at their office grading. You can just mark the Special in the form area with NET54 Special.

Thanks to SGC for doing this for us.
IN the next several days I am going to sticky this special and the other companies special for some days so they don't get missed out on. See everyone at the show!!

Last edited by Leon; 07-30-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:16 PM
K1rk K3ith

Default Sgc

Any idea of their onsite grading cost?
Old 07-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
Any idea of their onsite grading cost?
They told me they were working on it and it should be posted on their website soon.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:08 PM

Leon,

While your at it, you should see if they would be willing to run some kind of a Review Special for August since they sprung these new half grades on us.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

A friendly bump as I think a few folks are inquiring. And on the last question I don't really want to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Last edited by Leon; 07-25-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: took out commentary
Old 07-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Pete Costanzo

Default New 1/2 grades

Here's a recent submission. Also, SGC is kicking the tires on a new thinner holder. The black insert will remain the same, but they're testing a new holder for future release.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T216HW.jpg (67.3 KB, 583 views)
Old 07-25-2012, 07:12 PM
MikeHealer

Great card Pete.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Pete Costanzo

Default Sgc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehealer View Post
Great card Pete.

Thanks Mike!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcoz View Post
Thanks Mike!
Way better than when it was just a "3"...LOL! (Purely kidding...I am considering some of my rarer high-end 3s for a bump submission too...)

Nice Wags!

Cheers,
Blair
Old 07-25-2012, 08:43 PM

Sooooo...someone asked this before...is there any way to identify a card that was (a) submitted for a bump and failed, or (b) was graded after the half-grades came in but didn't get a half-grade assigned?

It was convenient that PSA moved the grade to a lower line on the flip at that time, so you can tell the ones that were graded when the half-grades were in play.

(I'll duck now from the derision of the anti-grading crowd who are choking on a post like this...LOL!)

Cheers,
Blair
Old 07-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosox Blair View Post
(I'll duck now from the derision of the anti-grading crowd who are choking on a post like this...LOL!)
The good part about choking is that it gives me more time to think of something witty / snarky to write.

Insert smiley face here

Doug
Old 07-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Leon,

Do you know if this will apply to SGC/JSA submissions? I know beckett works with JSA, but you can get the SGC holder with the cert. as well.

Thanks,

Brent
Old 07-31-2012, 10:30 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
Leon,

Do you know if this will apply to SGC/JSA submissions? I know beckett works with JSA, but you can get the SGC holder with the cert. as well.

Thanks,

Brent
I will get clarification but I do believe SGC still works with JSA on certs on the holders. I don't know if this promo applies to that. I have to believe you would still have to pay the JSA fees but the SGC ones would be discounted per the promo.