NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-04-2018, 07:29 PM
Peter Spaeth

Default ebay/paypal customer service

I have never had to wait more than a minute or two to reach Amazon via chat or phone. I am having a payment issue on ebay trying to use paypal (anyone else, seems like a system problem), ebay wait time is 81 minutes and paypal 42. No chat option that I know of. Callback service not operational.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-04-2018 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:32 PM
je.sse @rnot

I've never had to wait that long for either, but more than a minute or two. I believe they have a call back option at least, so you don't have to sit on hold.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:35 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I've never had to wait that long for either, but more than a minute or two. I believe they have a call back option at least, so you don't have to sit on hold.
As I said, callback service not operational.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:37 PM
Banned

try calling them at midnight. apparently no one stays up that late.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:43 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
As I said, callback service not operational.
Guess I should have read the post more carefully. That is unfortunate. Even with that option functional I often elect to place my cell phone on speaker mode if I'm at home or work and set it down next to me.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:44 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
try calling them at midnight. apparently no one stays up that late.
Nicely done.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:19 PM
Larry More.y

I have good luck getting through starting at 8 am est
Old 05-05-2018, 09:51 AM
Scott ku.rtis

I had issues last night on the 15% off coupon. It felt to me like a systemwide outage as everything but credit card was greyed. Somehow I have ebay conceirge service, and so I had a callback option. But it, too, was 42 minutes to wait, which is fine if they call me.

They took care of it in under 2 minutes once on the phone.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:55 AM
Peter Spaeth

They are almost as bad as Verizon, although no one may top Verizon.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Scott ku.rtis

Quote:
They are almost as bad as Verizon, although no one may top Verizon.
Car rental companies consistently top my list. If you ever consistently get good service from a car rental company over and over, unemployment rates are unsustainably too high.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:11 AM
Peter Spaeth

The menu tree options on Verizon are infinitely complex, and half the time you just end up with a busy signal and have to dial again. And unlike many menu trees you can't seem to bypass them by just repeating representative or customer service.

Oh and good luck trying to explain a nuanced computer problem to the people at the HP call center for whom English is at best a second language. "Could you please confirm that the computer is plugged in and turned on...."

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-05-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:25 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis13 View Post
I had issues last night on the 15% off coupon. It felt to me like a systemwide outage as everything but credit card was greyed. Somehow I have ebay conceirge service, and so I had a callback option. But it, too, was 42 minutes to wait, which is fine if they call me.

They took care of it in under 2 minutes once on the phone.
I had the same issue last night, call back service didn't work and customer service line had 844 yes you read that right, 844 minute wait time at 9pm...how can they screw up a coupon???
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.

Last edited by chalupacollects; 05-05-2018 at 07:25 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar
Old 05-07-2018, 05:45 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

I have had my best luck in terms of short wait times when calling in the mornings. Just think of when it would be convenient for you to call, and then add 12 hours
Old 05-07-2018, 08:12 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default HP

Quote:

Oh and good luck trying to explain a nuanced computer problem to the people at the HP call center for whom English is at best a second language. "Could you please confirm that the computer is plugged in and turned on...."
Hi Peter, back in the early 1980's I was a TV repairman. You would not believe how many times I was called to repair a TV and when I arrived at the house the only problem is that the TV was not plugged in. I know it is a PITA, but it is always best to start with the simple, most obvious problems.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:15 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Hi Peter, back in the early 1980's I was a TV repairman. You would not believe how many times I was called to repair a TV and when I arrived at the house the only problem is that the TV was not plugged in. I know it is a PITA, but it is always best to start with the simple, most obvious problems.

Rick
I hear ya, but when you spend (not counting hold time) 20 minutes talking to someone speaking robotically before you can even begin to explain your problem, it's beyond frustrating.