NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Scott

Every single one of those in the Drew Mucks piece makes me cry. FUGLY. I figure he was gonna start Joe Dimaggio above the Mathews, until someone told him Joe didn't hit 500 HRS

Far as the "pen pressure" on the ball, hey, he had em all together at once and they just HAPPEN to write numbers the same way and exert the same amount of pressure. Man, you guys are cynical

I've only looked at some of their latest wonderful poop pit auctions. the Coach's Corner, the best place outside of the sewage plant, to get piles of crap every month.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Scott

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=328293

Why are so many of their autographs SO BOLD? Look at all the Mathewsons, etc.

This one a BRAND NEW Giles Ball, and look how DARK the "Cy Young" signature is.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post

The ink is still wet on that one.

I've been sending emails to Ted Taylor and his replies crack me up. But I hit a nerve with him two weeks ago and he didn't reply. Below are the two questions I asked him.

1. But I have always wanted to ask you this question; Have you ever asked Trythall or Malack about the infinite inventory of vintage autographs they sell and that you and Morales authenticate?

This one really bothered Ted Taylor.

2. You're some Philadelphia Athletics historian, Ted.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=325589

How do you sleep at night, Ted? Tell me.

Christopher

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 06-28-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:15 AM
James Wymer

Quote:

That thing has over $200 in bids. Pretty sad.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 06-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Kevin O'Gara

Can they squeeze in a Sig. On the threads of the ball. What a joke.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:48 AM
James Wymer

I got this from CC terms and conditions "WE GRADE THE CONDITION OF ITEMS VERY CONSERVATIVELY". They may grade conservatively, but they most certainly authenticate very liberally. Notice the caps in the terms and conditions. The entire page is in capitol letters.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 06-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Every single one of those in the Drew Mucks piece makes me cry. FUGLY. I figure he was gonna start Joe Dimaggio above the Mathews, until someone told him Joe didn't hit 500 HRS

Far as the "pen pressure" on the ball, hey, he had em all together at once and they just HAPPEN to write numbers the same way and exert the same amount of pressure. Man, you guys are cynical

I've only looked at some of their latest wonderful poop pit auctions. the Coach's Corner, the best place outside of the sewage plant, to get piles of crap every month.
Well written, Scott.

You might be right about that "J." The forger all-of-a-sudden realized that Joe D. is not a member of the "500 Homerun Club."

Amazing that Drew Max, who calls himself an FDE (Forensic Document Examiner) didn't catch that "J" with his Hubble-sized magnifying glass.

I emailed Drew Max yesterday about that "500 HR Club" piece. I'll let you know if I get a reply.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default it's their opinion

At least one of the main reasons the Feds don't get involved, or at least have taken action, is probably because it's hard to make a court case against someone's opinion. Heck, I am mostly bald but if someone said they thought I had a full head of hair, it's just their opinion. I have heard all of the reasons the Feds and authorities should take down CC but I am telling you, it's not as easy as you think. They just don't cross that line enough and are actually quite smart in their dealings....as crooked as they may be. I am quite sure they have been looked at, and are watched, by many different authorities. I believe at some point they will mess up and cross the line. The sooner the better.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
At least one of the main reasons the Feds don't get involved, or at least have taken action, is probably because it's hard to make a court case against someone's opinion. Heck, I am mostly bald but if someone said they thought I had a full head of hair, it's just their opinion. I have heard all of the reasons the Feds and authorities should take down CC but I am telling you, it's not as easy as you think. They just don't cross that line enough and are actually quite smart in their dealings....as crooked as they may be. I am quite sure they have been looked at, and are watched, by many different authorities. I believe at some point they will mess up and cross the line. The sooner the better.
That's it in a nutshell, Leon. Well written.

I used to get hundreds of emails "Why doesn't anyone go after Coach's Corner?" Like Leon wrote, it simply isn't as easy to do as people think it is.