NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-15-2014, 09:31 PM
Jack T

So sorry to hear this Joey. I've enjoyed seeing some of your great photo pickups here on N54. I'm joining with the others in hoping that you will recover them.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:48 PM
ΛLβΞℜ₮

Joey- how did they get into the home? Was anything else taken besides your stuff? I kinda find it fascinating if nothing else was taken, who would know directly where your stuff was. Its interesting to me, they had an idea of a time slot when nobody was home. The criminals could be near your area.. they gotta be!

Best of luck!

Albert
Old 05-15-2014, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporteq View Post
Joey- how did they get into the home? Was anything else taken besides your stuff? I kinda find it fascinating if nothing else was taken, who would know directly where your stuff was. Its interesting to me, they had an idea of a time slot when nobody was home. The criminals could be near your area.. they gotta be!

Best of luck!

Albert
Hey AL they took my tv, some clothes, my mini safe and some of other random things. What i dont get is what made them think my photos were collectible. Weve probably had about 2 dozen people in and out in the last 3 months fixing stuff. The rental company outsources alot of their work so my guess is it was one of them. We had a roof leak awhile back and they had to patch our ceiling twice. Really sucks man
Old 05-15-2014, 10:51 PM
Banned

I had a couple of my ruth photos under some clothes in my dresser that werent taken thank god. They came through our back door and couldve only been there for a hour since the gym is right by my house and thats how long i was there. About a month ago someone opened up all our car doors on our little beater honda during the day and stole my shoes and car charger...as you can tell i live in a great neighborhood
Old 05-16-2014, 07:57 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 View Post
I had a couple of my ruth photos under some clothes in my dresser that werent taken thank god. They came through our back door and couldve only been there for a hour since the gym is right by my house and thats how long i was there. About a month ago someone opened up all our car doors on our little beater honda during the day and stole my shoes and car charger...as you can tell i live in a great neighborhood
maybe you should move?
Old 05-16-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
maybe you should move?
Having this happen to me would certainly have me looking to move...
Old 05-16-2014, 09:20 AM
ΛLβΞℜ₮

Quote:
joey,

Finger prints must be all over your home then. Did they cops go finger print the home? I'm guessing you had a minimum of $15k ripped off, yes? I would say that would warrant an investication, I'm I wrong members?

Albert

Last edited by sporteq; 05-16-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:45 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Hmmm.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
maybe you should move?
We signed a 2 year lease so Im going to have to find out what kind of penalty there is for breaking the lease. Most of the time they want the remaining year's rent at least thats how it was at my old apartment. I want the hell outta this neighborhood. I was talking to my neighbor yesterday and he said there was a house down the street that was broken into a couple years ago. Wish I wouldve known all this before we moved in
Old 05-16-2014, 09:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporteq View Post
joey,

Finger prints must be all over your home then. Did they cops go finger print the home? I'm guessing you had a minimum of $15k ripped off, yes? I would say that would warrant an investication, I'm I wrong members?

Albert
No if I was to estimate everything it would be more around 5k. The majority of value was in my photos since I had so many. The only thing in my mini safe was my social security card and some 1880's negro baseball trading cards.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:02 AM
Belltown Vintage

They took all this stuff out of your home, in broad daylight, during a 1-hr window while you were at the gym?

You were robbed by neighbors.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
They took all this stuff out of your home, in broad daylight, during a 1-hr window while you were at the gym?

I feel the same way. I go to the gym 4 days a week around the same time every day before work so someone had to know. Theres 3 houses that surround ours, one is vacant and I talked to the owners of the other two and neither one said they saw or heard anything. My fiance and her family all work during the day and im the only one that works swing shift so i start at 2:15. Has to be someone close
Old 05-16-2014, 10:31 AM
N@te

Quote:

Yep! That or someone you're somewhat "friends" with that knows your schedule.

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl
Old 05-16-2014, 10:50 AM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Having this happen to me would certainly have me looking to move...
I wouldn't even consider rebuilding a collection before I relocated.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:01 PM
ΛLβΞℜ₮

Quote:

I agree... It's a bold move, they knew the house hold schedule.

albert
Old 05-16-2014, 10:53 PM
Archive

Quote:
I feel the same way. I go to the gym 4 days a week around the same time every day before work so someone had to know. Theres 3 houses that surround ours, one is vacant and I talked to the owners of the other two and neither one said they saw or heard anything. My fiance and her family all work during the day and im the only one that works swing shift so i start at 2:15. Has to be someone close
This isn't Twitter or Facebook, stop posting all the details of your life and your daily routines.

You're putting out way too much info.

Not trying to pick a fight with you, just trying to help.

I'm sorry to hear your collection was stolen, hope you recover the items quickly and the thieves are caught.

Jantz
Old 05-17-2014, 10:25 AM
Banned

UPDATE:

Me and my fiance were taking her niece around the neighborhood and about 2 blocks away I noticed some what looked to be papers dumped on the side of the street in a pile. As we got closer i saw one with a paper caption on the back and they turned out to be a few of my basketball photos from my collection. Im still shocked. Im convinced now its someone who lives close. We walked around a bit but didnt see anything else. I hope this leads to more and possibly recoup at least a fraction of my collection. Again i want to thank all of you. I never expected this much support but i very much appreciate it. So far ive been trying to raise money to purchase a new tv and maybe some new pieces to start a new collection. I have this 5x7 kreindler painting which kills me to sell but really need the money. Im sure in time ill get everything back.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:15 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Glad to hear you are starting to find some of the photos.
If I had the money, I'd take Joe off your hands as you can never have too many Kreindlers. Hopefully someone on the board can help you out.
Best,
Mark

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 05-17-2014, 12:26 PM

Joey,
Sounds like the thief may be kids...
Old 05-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Banned

No info

Last edited by JoeyF1981; 05-18-2014 at 12:16 AM. Reason: please delete
Old 05-17-2014, 02:18 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

Joey-
Again, very sorry to hear this. Your Babe Ruth auto was not taken, correct?
Old 05-17-2014, 03:39 PM

The thief stole most of your photos, but dumped only the basketball photos? So they either purposely pitched or accidentally dropped the photos that are probably of lowest value? That is unbelievable...unbelievably fortunate for you that you were the one that found some of your own photos. What a stroke of great luck for you right after some very bad luck! Let's hope this good luck keeps going for you.

As others wrote, the thief knew your schedule. I am sure the thief knows you and knew of your collection as well. A basic Google search of your name, Joey Farino, would have shown them all they needed to know...unfortunately. Some believe that bad things will happen to people who do bad things to others. You know, karma. Maybe something bad will happen to the thief in the future.

Sorry for your loses. Hopefully this story will have a happy ending.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:56 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyf1981 View Post
i agree..if you know anyone interested in my painting please let me know..thanks
lololololololol
Old 05-17-2014, 08:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
lololololololol
Whats funny about that? Im trying to raise as much money as i can and that means im gonna have to sacrifice some things to do that
Old 05-17-2014, 09:01 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

I think you're full of shit.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think you're full of shit.
Well i think youre a piece of shit...

Last edited by JoeyF1981; 05-17-2014 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:07 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Well i think youre a piece of shit...
Sorry I'm simply saying what everyone is thinking -- that you're again pulling another ludicrous scam.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sorry I'm simply saying what everyone is thinking -- that you're again pulling another ludicrous scam.
Excuse me??? What kind of bullshit is that? What would i get out of making something like that up? I never asked anyone for anything. Im not looking for any handouts. If youre implying im using that to sell my painting then your a dumb ass and you need to get a life. If i dont sell it it doesnt matter. Im dealing with alot right now and am trying to recover and least a portion of what was taken. Now why dont you go somewhere else with that bullshit
Old 05-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

You have a history of fraud here. Your story is as dopey as you are. And I'm not the only one who thinks this.

PS with all the time you're wasting out here arguing with me you could have found your stolen stuff AND found Nicole's real killer.

Last edited by calvindog; 05-17-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
You have a history of fraud here. Your story is as dopey as you are. And I'm not the only one who thinks this.

PS with all the time you're wasting out here arguing with me you could have found your stolen stuff AND found Nicole's real killer.
Fraud??? Anything that i did in the past i admitted to on here and was given a 2nd chance. That was almost 2 years ago. And of course some idiot like you would bring up the past. I never asked anyone for anything nor do i have home insurance so what fraud exactly are you talking about?? Sounds like you have some serious issues
Old 05-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Ok, we'll just trust everything you just said because it's not like you've got a history of fraud and lying. So we'll just take you at your word even though the story literally made me laugh out loud it was such obvious bullshit.

And why are you pretending that what you did in the past wasn't fraud? It was fraud. So how can you claim that you've taken responsibility for your past fraud when you can't even admit it was fraud?

Last edited by calvindog; 05-17-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ok, we'll just trust everything you just said because it's not like you've got a history of fraud and lying. So we'll just take you at your word even though the story literally made me laugh out loud it was such obvious bullshit.

And why are you pretending that what you did in the past wasn't fraud? It was fraud. So how can you claim that you've taken responsibility for your past fraud when you can't even admit it was fraud?
What fraud??? And what is your problem besides being a douche? Obviously you have a boner for me. I would never in my right mind make up a story about being robbed to gain nothing from it. I came here to tell people what happened...not ask for anything.you obviously dont know what fraud means you dickhead. The past has been over for a long time. I never de-frauded anyone ever. You have issues
Old 05-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Thanks for telling us what happened!

And maybe you're right -- I don't know what fraud is. I'm just a criminal defense lawyer who fights fraud charges in federal and state courts every day. Maybe you're just a greasy scumbag who doesn't know what truth is?

Last edited by calvindog; 05-17-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:01 PM
Banned

Quote:

And maybe you're right -- I don't know what fraud is. I'm just a criminal defense lawyer who fights fraud charges in federal and state courts every day. Maybe you're just a greasy scumbag who doesn't know what truth is?
Have i done something personally to you? Ive been on here for the past 2 years sharing my collection and participating in his forum. I did make mistakes in the past (not fraud at all). I admitted to what i did a long time ago and was forgiven and given a chance to prove myself. If i was committing fraud id be asking for handouts or insurance fraud. I have no insurance so everything is going to have to be replaced by me. So what fraud do you speak of mr defense lawyer????

Last edited by JoeyF1981; 05-17-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:09 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

I love when people get caught lying or cheating they always claim that it was "mistakes" -- never anything more than "mistakes."

As for what you're planning on doing, I don't care. I'm just happy I could point out what so many people here are thinking: that your story is laughable and not believable.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
I love when people get caught lying or cheating they always claim that it was "mistakes" -- never anything more than "mistakes."

As for what you're planning on doing, I don't care. I'm just happy I could point out what so many people here are thinking: that your story is laughable and not believable.
Calvin i could care less what anyone is thinking. Theres assholes everywhere who have there own personal trust issues and it sounds like you probably have a picture of me on your wall somewhere and think about ways to get me back for nothing i did to you. I dont have to convince you of shit because i doubt youd trust your own mom if she told you you were a man.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:22 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

That makes about as much sense as your story of getting robbed. And then finding your stuff around the corner. Just sitting there.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
That makes about as much sense as your story of getting robbed. And then finding your stuff around the corner. Just sitting there.
Its especially makes alot of sense being a defense lawyer and accusing me of fraud and lying about my house being robbed with nothing whatsoever to gain and having to pay for everything out of pocket..good one calvin
Old 05-17-2014, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
And by the way since you obviously cant read i found 3 of my basketball type 1 photos 2 blocks away. Thats nothing compared to what was taken. I cant explain how or why they were sitting there.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Joey,
Sounds like the thief may be kids...
Im not sure about that but you never know. Like i said earlier weve had alot of work done on this house since we moved in. Weve had nothing but bad luck with this house but we signed a 2yr lease so were kind of stuck unless we pay a hefty pro-rated fee. I was talking to my friend who had his house broken into and the thief threw a huge rock through his back sliding glass door during the day and he lives in a quadrant home and still no one saw anything. People are getting more and more desperate these days and bold
Old 05-18-2014, 05:17 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Clearly.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:08 PM
Alex

Quote:

Why is this getting so personal? It seems ridiculous.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
Why is this getting so personal? It seems ridiculous.
A little over 2 years ago a member accused me of being a guy named sam who was from california committing all kinds of fraud. He was selling fake cards i think and some other stuff. This member was so convinced it was me that for months he got everyone against me and started going to every forum and telling people i was him. Finally after about 6 months another member tracked down this sam guy and called me personally to apologize for thinking i was him. I live in washington and have no connection whatsoever to that piece of sh*t. He made my life hell and apparently calvindog doesnt know i was cleared or has some personal issue with me after all this time.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:42 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Is your fiancé today the one who you claimed got pregnant two years ago when you lied your way out of some deals you agreed upon?

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=146321

Last edited by calvindog; 05-19-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Is your fiancé today the one who you claimed got pregnant two years ago when you lied your way out of some deals you agreed upon?
Calvin that whole situation has been over for years. I came on here and admitted to what i did. I was given a 2nd chance 2 years ago to prove myself and thats exactly what ive done. Ive had many great transactions with members on here and participated in alot of threads. If youre going to keep reliving the past then you have a serious issue. Dont act like you havent done stupid sh*t in the past. get over it or go talk to a counselor. You dont know me personally except what happened over 2 years ago. And what in the hell would I have to gain about lying about something as serious as a burglary? I have no home insurance so im paying for everything out of pocket and I never once asked anyone for any handouts. So id lie so people could feel sorry for me? lol..sorry to disappoint you dude.

Last edited by JoeyF1981; 05-19-2014 at 06:58 PM. Reason: more info
Old 05-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

You lied to people on Net 54 and cheated them. Just because you claim you're clean now doesn't mean that I have to presume your bullshit story about losing your collection is real. Do you understand that simple concept? I'll repeat it for you so as to avoid another foul-mouthed, grammatically-challenged PM from you: just because you claim you're clean now does not mean I have to believe your story today. You lied and cheated people on Net 54. If the statute of limitations for a criminal fraud case is 5 years, why does it follow that I have to believe everything you say today when you committed fraud 2 years ago here?

And furthermore: you claim you would never lie out here so people would feel sorry for you? THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID TWO YEARS AGO. "My grandmother died. I lost my job. My fiancé is pregnant."

Last edited by calvindog; 05-19-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
You lied to people on Net 54 and cheated them. Just because you claim you're clean now doesn't mean that I have to presume your bullshit story about losing your collection is real. Do you understand that simple concept? I'll repeat it for you so as to avoid another foul-mouthed, grammatically-challenged PM from you: just because you claim you're clean now does not mean I have to believe your story today. You lied and cheated people on Net 54. If the statute of limitations for a criminal fraud case is 5 years, why does it follow that I have to believe everything you say today when you committed fraud 2 years ago here?
I did lie about some things that I admitted to on here...I never once stole anything from anyone nor did I sell anyone any bogus items ever. I dont care if you believe the sky is blue. I dont know you and from your attitude I dont ever want to know you. Everyone's done something stupid in their life. You learn from it and grow from it. Thats what ive done and thats fine if you dont believe that. Your a lawyer so its probably hard for you to believe anything anyone says.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:04 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
I did lie about some things that I admitted to on here...I never once stole anything from anyone nor did I sell anyone any bogus items ever. I dont care if you believe the sky is blue. I dont know you and from your attitude I dont ever want to know you. Everyone's done something stupid in their life. You learn from it and grow from it. Thats what ive done and thats fine if you dont believe that. Your a lawyer so its probably hard for you to believe anything anyone says.
Just the liars.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Banned

Calvin Im done arguing with you over something that happened over 2 years ago. I admitted to what I did, I emailed dan mckee and apologized for being a a$$hole and apologized to everyone on here for my reckless behavior. Im not that same immature guy I was when I first started in this hobby and made alot of mistakes financially and embarassed myself. I was man enough to admit it and have spent over 2 years trying to make it right and earn peoples trust. I love this forum and have learned alot from it. So back off or find someone else to harass
Old 05-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Or else what? You'll agree to buy a card from me and then claim your grandmother died again?