NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-22-2005, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Default Monthly auction of memorabilia and collectibles

Posted By: Philip Weiss

Greetings,
My name is Philip Weiss and I am President of Philip Weiss Auctions, located in Oceanside, NY. I have been reading the posts on this board for a while, and felt that it was time to introduce myself. I recognize the names of some of you as I have sold memorabilia to you in the past.

I have been involved in the auction field for 30 years, and for the last 20 years have owned and operated my own auction house.

We specialize in books, stamps, coins, dolls, trains, toys, animation and other artwork, comic books, magazines, and of course, sports cards
and memorabilia. We hold monthly auctions with anywhere from 700-1200 lots of collectibles.

Our upcoming auction, to be held live at our gallery on October 22nd, simultaneously on eBay Live, will have a large selection of baseball cards (graded and ungraded) and memorabilia, including T cards, items from the estate of Paul Krichell, the long time Yankee scout who signed Lou Gehrig, and much more.

We have in hand another large collection of T cards that will be in a future auction, as well as constantly obtaining additional sports items.

In the past we have handled the estate of Billy Martin, sold uniforms from the 1920's and forward, record setting prices for some cards, and more.

If you wish to see a preview of our upcoming auction, you may do so at http://www.philipweissauctions.com. The complete auction, with photos, will be available one week before the auction. You can bid live at our gallery, through our web site, through eBay live, or on the phone the day of the auction.

I look forward to doing business with all of you, and would love to see you at our gallery if you can make it. If you have any questions for me, you can contact me directly at 516-594-0731, or through e-mail at auction22@aol.com

Sincerely,
Philip Weiss
President

Old 09-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Greg

This is a great auction house. I purchased a late 19th/early 20th century ROG Hanley Brewing Company sign (shown on their home page, not sure if it's still there) from them and had a very positive experience.
Greg

Old 09-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Phil Weiss

I remember that sale well, and how you hammered out the bidder that was on the phone.

Phil

Old 09-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

For the record, I once purchased an expensive vintage baseball lot from a Weis auctio and was satisfied with the purchase.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Greg

No problem, Phil.

That piece is one of our "Wagners" in the beer field.(Actually, it's the only one known to exist).Please let me know if you ever get any other beer gems from Rhode Island. Had a great time attending the auction and spending the weekend with my Dad. That's what collecting is all about. You have a great place there. It's just getting to be more expensive to buy toys now <G>. Thank God I wasn't collecting Red Sox items at that time or I would have gone home broke with that beautiful sweater you had.

all the best and hope to see you guys again.
Greg

Old 09-23-2005, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jerry Spillman

I was a very satisfied participant in many of the Phil Weiss Auctions since he started his live auctions about 20 years ago. Beside sports cards and sports memorabilia he had vintage toys, coins, stamps, posters, dolls, books, Disney cells, Civil War items and antiques of every description. Everything was original.

Phil, I was contacted recently by a collector who said he had some baseball cards to sell. He does. Two rooms full of mostly sports cards, postcards, some autographs, memorabilia and comic books. The bad news is nothing more than 30 years old. The word "scarce" can not be used for any part of this accumulation. If you are interested and have a large truck let me know.