NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-13-2017, 07:40 AM
Ed Woelfle

Default CardTarget Not Working?

Is anyone having any issues the last day or two with CardTarget? I couldn't get it to look up any sets a couple days ago .. now it does but no pricing. Didn't know if it was a glitch on their end or on mine?
Old 01-13-2017, 07:51 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Since it was sold a while back its been useless to me. Sorry to hear it isnt functioning

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 01-13-2017, 08:04 AM
Ed Woelfle

Default CardTarget

Really, I didn't know it had been sold? It had been working fine up until Wednesday I believe – I still find it helpful, but perhaps it's not being updated after the sale?
Old 01-13-2017, 10:45 AM
Luke Lyon

I thought it was down for the longest time because when I type "cardtarget.com" into my browser, it gives me a page that says 404 not found.

Then someone mentioned it was still running and posted a link. I clicked on the link, and it worked. I bookmarked it, and now I have to use the bookmark to get to the site. I still can't get there by typing the site into my browser.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:23 AM
Tony Davis

It was working a few days ago. I tried to get prices yesterday and nothing. I sent them an email but no response as of yet.

I like the old site better - much easier to use and read.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:35 AM

Default Card Target Status

Hey everyone, just a quick update:

Unfortunately Thursday night we dropped the main database/index the site uses to query pricing history. We are in the process of rebuilding that database as I type, but it will take some time to get the 12 million+ records re-indexed. The re-population began earlier this morning. (We didn't lose any data, it is just an indexing/population problem)

For those who cannot access the site via http://cardtarget.com it *should* redirect to http://www.cardtarget.com - if it doesnt, let me know.

We are getting ready to launch an updated site hopefully in the next week or two. I will let everyone know when it is ready - it has a much improved UI, and I removed the login requirement if you just want to see average sale prices. (You will still need to log into get additional analytics, high, low, last, etc.)

As a side job that I pay for out of my own pocket, I am working as fast as I can.

Thanks for the heads up from everyone who alerted us!
Bob
Old 01-13-2017, 12:45 PM
C.hris Bl.and

I think it is a great resource; thanks for the update.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiller View Post

Unfortunately Thursday night we dropped the main database/index the site uses to query pricing history. We are in the process of rebuilding that database as I type, but it will take some time to get the 12 million+ records re-indexed. The re-population began earlier this morning. (We didn't lose any data, it is just an indexing/population problem)

For those who cannot access the site via http://cardtarget.com it *should* redirect to http://www.cardtarget.com - if it doesnt, let me know.

We are getting ready to launch an updated site hopefully in the next week or two. I will let everyone know when it is ready - it has a much improved UI, and I removed the login requirement if you just want to see average sale prices. (You will still need to log into get additional analytics, high, low, last, etc.)

As a side job that I pay for out of my own pocket, I am working as fast as I can.

Bob

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 01-13-2017, 01:04 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

I have seen several of my purchases show up on the site within 48 hours or less, until this glitch. In general the updating process has been satisfactory.

For some reason Auth0 thinks that I am a cardtarget (and i am not) programmer. I get emails from them. Their responses are certified gobbledegook. I tell them I don't understand a word they are saying and their response is "Thank you". If in the reboot of data, I could somehow be deleted from the Auth0 mailing list that would be nice.

The site is a bit cumbersome to get to what you are looking for, but I thought the former configuration was also cumbersome. Maybe it's just the nature of the beast, or the nature of the beasts at Auth0.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:07 PM
H Murphy

Default Cardtarget

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-illini View Post
I think it is a great resource; thanks for the update.

Chris
+1, I`m with Chris. Find myself referring to cardtarget a couple times a week sometimes for specific cards others to just do a little fun research.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:10 PM
Ed Woelfle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiller View Post

Bob
Bob, thanks for the update! I think it's been a great site and resource. Many thanks for putting it together, maintaining it and keeping us updated!
Old 01-13-2017, 05:51 PM
Bry@n

I use Card Target all the time and am relieved to hear that it is still going to be going strong. Thanks Bob for all of your hard work, I greatly appreciate it!
Old 01-16-2017, 02:12 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
I use Card Target all the time and am relieved to hear that it is still going to be going strong. Thanks Bob for all of your hard work, I greatly appreciate it!
+2 Much appreciated. I have used it often too.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:01 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

I forgot all about this site.
I am logged in, but cannot do anything. I try typing in the search area, but nothing shows up.
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice
Old 01-16-2017, 05:43 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
I forgot all about this site.
I am logged in, but cannot do anything. I try typing in the search area, but nothing shows up.
Same here.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:53 PM
Bry@n

See post #6
Old 01-17-2017, 08:36 PM

Default Update: Tuesday evening

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Here is a quick update - kind of a good news / bad news scenario:

The bad news is that when attempting to restore the data I ran into a problem caused by changes I had made preparing for the new site so restoring the existing site is not going to happen.

The good news is the new site is almost ready, and this incident is forcing me to get that finished. It will be a few more days, but hopefully worth the wait.

I will provide another update in another day or so. I know a few of you have sent me messages -> I will reply once the site is up - sorry for the delay.
Bob
Old 01-18-2017, 01:05 PM
Ed Woelfle

Default New site

Bob, I may be asking a question others have asked or may ask – will the new site have new URL or will it still fall under the same cardtarget.com?

Thanks for the info/update!

Ed

Last edited by Edwolf1963; 01-18-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:00 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Just sits at the loading page

Old 01-31-2017, 10:33 AM
Bob Donaldson

Any update?

thanks

Bob
Old 02-03-2017, 11:08 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

At least some of the values are in view now. The new format seems much easier to use with more data on past sales available. The pricing data seems to load more quickly.

The T206 section ends with Waddell (in alphabetical order). Whether this is a glitch or a work in progress is not clear.

I am quite optimistic that the updates performed on the site will be well worth the wait.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:13 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

They completely elimated signed cards

Old 02-16-2017, 01:37 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Maybe it's just me but I can't get any information to populate on the site at all. The user-interface seems a lot more complicated than what I remember as well. I used to really rely on CardTarget and am really happy to see it's still around at least.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:33 PM

Default Everything should be back...

Sorry for the delay - as soon as we got our data restored, we had an issue with our connection to eBay which they didn't resolve until over the past weekend so I was waiting on that fix. We have a backlog of recent auctions we are working through, but the site itself should be functional.

I have also fixed a few of the issues that people have brought to my attention, including T206's not returning cards past Waddell, and some sets not being available via search.

Thanks for everyone's patience. If you can't find something or have any problems let me know!
Bob
Old 02-21-2017, 05:44 AM
H Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammus View Post
Maybe it's just me but I can't get any information to populate on the site at all. The user-interface seems a lot more complicated than what I remember as well. I used to really rely on CardTarget and am really happy to see it's still around at least.
Same here Brian.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:45 PM
Luke Lyon

I used to really enjoy using this site to find past sales of certain t206 front/back combos. It now looks like you can't scroll through a certain card and see all the sales with back info. I also can't figure out how to search by back. Used to be you could look at all the Cycle 350s with PSA backs, now that options seems gone? I could just be missing it (hopefully). Any help would be appreciated, thanks!