NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-02-2012, 03:50 PM

Default September Pick Ups

Picked up this huge 36" x 22" photo today at the Alameda Point Antiques Fair of the 1910 Johnson Jefferies fight...I don't think I've ever seen this large version before...Seller said it was in a bar in Alameda...has holes in side of frame where it would have been bolted down...original oak frame with wavy glass...little rough but not too bad...probably the 2nd best thing I ever pulled out of ALameda...plus picked up a cool 1930 advertising piece for Champion light bulbs that features an ariel view of Boston

Photobucket
36" wide x 22" tall
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 09-02-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonHendricks View Post
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Navy"]Picked up this huge 36" x 22" photo today at the Alameda Point Antiques Fair of the 1910 Johnson Jefferies fight...I don't think I've ever seen this large version before...Seller said it was in a bar in Alameda...has holes in side of frame where it would have been bolted down...original oak frame with wavy glass...little rough but not too bad...probably the 2nd best thing I ever pulled out of ALameda
That Johnson picture is a great find. I just completed a book named The Killings of Stanley Ketchel which addresses that fight and offers a very entertaining depiction of Jack Johnson. It’s a great read and I highly recommend it.

These display pieces were purchased last month but arrived in the past few days. The Ryan is a 24X32 and was intended to be attached to the back of the 1984 All Star game ballot box. I had one in the past and traded it. I always regreted it. I'm very pleased to get it back. The 1954 Spic and Span piece is a dry cleaning clothing paper bag cover it measures 30X24. The Mullin piece measures 30X24 and is signed by Mullin. A few months back another board member posted one which was signed by the Reds and Mullin. I thought it was very cool and had to have one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1984 Ryan Display.jpg (76.6 KB, 896 views)
File Type: jpg 1954 Spic and Span.jpg (74.3 KB, 893 views)
File Type: jpg 974_mullins.jpg (78.5 KB, 905 views)

Last edited by 71buc; 09-02-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:37 PM

Default Stanford Indians Glass

Nice pickups guys, will have to check Alameda out one of these weekends, have heard its pretty big! Not sure of the date of this glass, just know it goes great with my Cal and Stanford mascot collection, now to find that pesky Indians nodder!

Old 09-03-2012, 11:41 AM
M@tt McC@rthy

Default Jeffries sig?

Hey Carlton...is that boxing piece signed by JJ? Says "from your old pal..."
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:18 PM
octavio ranzola

Default heres mine

Dunking donuts big cardboard ad,mets and Yankees mgrs,for free just a lot of coffee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20120903_141835.jpg (69.6 KB, 835 views)
Old 09-03-2012, 03:16 PM

Default Jeffries Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Six View Post
Hey Carlton...is that boxing piece signed by JJ? Says "from your old pal..."
Photobucket

Photobucket
Close in of Jeffries Sig

Mat/Big Six
Yeah funny you should mention that...I had been eyeballing that myself today. Now that I've got it home I was examining it closer with a magnifying glass.

I've gone on line and looked for examples of his sig. As far as I can tell it's kind of a minefield of pluses and negatives trying to tell if it's his. On one hand most of the examples I've seen, providing they're legit, have been signed "Jas J Jeffries" where as with mine it's "James J. Jeffries"...his first name spelled out completely....But from what I've seen the "Jas" sigs were from later in his life...maybe in 1910 he wasn't burned out signing his full name yet...Then there's the shape of all those J's...After a while it got overwhelming and I gave up trying to decide. The one thing that most impressed me was the slash between "July 27" and "1910"...I saw that on one of the examples and it seemed to quirky for an armature faker to remember to add....unless he was copying a real sig verbatim....which seems unlikely...

See what I mean? you get fatigued trying to figure all the possibilities and angles. If you stop and think about it, it's only signed by Jeffries...not Johnson....If someone was going to doll up the photo with fake autographs why just Jeffries?...why not Johnson too? And then there's the question why so small a sig? and why where it's at.. at lower right? why not by where he's standing in the ring?....

I just don't know...all this from someone who isn't an autograph guy....I just bought it because I liked the image and large format....I didn't even notice the personalization when I was buying it....I just dismissed it as part of a bunch of names someone wrote in.

Jack Dempsey and 1931 is also written on it...I'm too exhausted from the Jeffries to even get into that...why it's there and if it's a real Dempsey!

Photobucket

Old 09-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Jim Murphy

You said earlier that it was on the wall of a bar. If the fighters cam into the bar and signed while screwed to the wall??? Maybe that is why Johnson isn't on it and why Dempsey has 1931
Old 09-03-2012, 04:53 PM

Default date spread et al

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphusa View Post
You said earlier that it was on the wall of a bar. If the fighters cam into the bar and signed while screwed to the wall??? Maybe that is why Johnson isn't on it and why Dempsey has 1931
The Jeffries and Dempsey are 21 years apart...moreover the Jeffries is dated July 27th and the fight took place on July 4th 1910....23 days after the fight....who knows when the bar owner acquired and hung it...Jeffries was from Los Angeles and probably lived in Southern Calif in 1910....I'm pretty sure the seller said the bar was in Alameda..(will confirm next time I see him)...lots of speculation when where etc...like I said, wore me out, I don't know much about autographs but a dated autograph would have to be more interesting...So if it's real...how and where it was signed 23 days after the fight is a very interesting question..The frame and it's construction are c1910....the glass isn't as wavy as I thought initially...it's only a little wavy....so probably replaced at some point....probably got broke that time Wyatt Earp and Johnny Ringo were horsing around...

Photobucket

Old 09-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Jon Canfield

I'm not a Dempsey expert by far (never owned one), but I always believed the line above the signature was a Dempsey trademark. Also, the "D" in Dempsey looks pretty good to me (from the examples I've seen). The "J" may be a little off though.

Let's wait for Adam to chime in - I'm sure he's familiar with the signatures.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Josh K.

Default 1934 Rockola World's Series Pinball Machine

I just picked up a 1934 Rockola World's Series Pinball Machine that I have been working on getting for some time. Actually my wife, God bless her, bought it from a friend of mine for me for my birthday! It is in working order and while it definitely does show its age a little, everything on it is original with original paint except for the reproduction legs and lock box which are unpainted. Costs a nickel for 3 outs and the coin op mechanism works too. I love having it in my baseball room and my 4 year-old daughter cannot get enough of it! I think I might actually love the fact that she loves it more than I even love the item itself. Thanks for letting me share.

Josh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pinball close.jpg (72.2 KB, 695 views)
File Type: jpg Pinball.jpg (73.6 KB, 691 views)
File Type: jpg Pinball with Maryn.jpg (71.5 KB, 691 views)
Old 09-04-2012, 06:49 PM

Great pickup on that machine Josh -- I've always liked that one and it's a manageable size. Of course the fact that your daughter is enjoying it makes it priceless!

Greg
Old 09-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Al

Default photo

Carlton, Here is my Dempsey if you want to compare a little. Looks a little off but I might say its possible its good! Sorry for the Pic its in a frame and I didnt want to take it out. By the way the other man in the photo is Rube Goldberg . Al

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 03-10-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Nath.aniel Gr.ow

Just received my latest piece of Federal League memorabilia in the mail today:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PittFeds Ticket.jpg (72.6 KB, 728 views)
Old 09-05-2012, 05:35 AM

Here's an extremely scarce 1927 Bustin' Babe's & Larrupin' Lou's Barnstorming Premium with their facsimile autographs. These could only be acquired at the ballparks and fields where Babe & Lou would put on their exhibition games.

This superb example comes directly from The Christy Walsh Family, and is just the second one that I've come across in the last ten years.

Babe-Lou-Barnstorming-1.jpgBabe-Lou-Barnstorming-2.jpg

Last edited by thekingofclout; 09-05-2012 at 05:37 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Default Here's Mine

With NO RESTORATION PERFORMED!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqF,!hcE8n,h+vHWBPlHWtRrHw~~60_57.jpg (68.6 KB, 660 views)
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqNHJC0E-P7m8qEBBPlH(wiYV!~~60_57.jpg (73.6 KB, 664 views)
Old 09-05-2012, 03:51 PM

I posted this one in the auto forum but I like it so much I'm going to post it here too.

1936 R313 National Chicle Honus.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
With NO RESTORATION PERFORMED!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I posted this one in the auto forum but I like it so much I'm going to post it here too.

1936 R313 National Chicle Honus.

Greg and Packs... those are both exceptional pieces that have everything going for them. Congrats, congrats, congrats!

And Greg. I was an underbidder on that Matty piece a couple of times over the years. But I don't recall seeing one as nice as yours. Well done.

My best to you both, Jimmy
Old 09-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
Here's an extremely scarce 1927 Bustin' Babe's & Larrupin' Lou's Barnstorming Premium with their facsimile autographs. These could only be acquired at the ballparks and fields where Babe & Lou would put on their exhibition games.

This superb example comes directly from The Christy Walsh Family, and is just the second one that I've come across in the last ten years.

Attachment 73191Attachment 73192
Damn.. that is a nice one Jimmy! Congrats!

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 09-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
Greg and Packs... those are both exceptional pieces that have everything going for them. Congrats, congrats, congrats!

And Greg. I was an underbidder on that Matty piece a couple of times over the years. But I don't recall seeing one as nice as yours. Well done.

My best to you both, Jimmy
Thanks Jimmy, gorgeous Babe and Lou pic! Always been one of my faves! While this gum box isn't the most priciest piece in my collection, it is definitely one of my favorites!!
Old 09-08-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Damn.. that is a nice one Jimmy! Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
Thanks Jimmy, gorgeous Babe and Lou pic! Always been one of my faves! While this gum box isn't the most priciest piece in my collection, it is definitely one of my favorites!!
Thank you Ben and Greg. Being that this is the first time I've had this premium in hand, I'm surprised that it was printed on a a quality thick stock. Walsh, ever the promoting/advertising genus had Babe & Lou sign an original TYPE 1 photo of this image and proceeded to take a photo of the signed TYPE1 photo. The negative from that shot is what's known as a duplicate negative, more commonly referred to as a "dupe neg." And the finished product, of which I posted earlier in this thread, was born a TYPE 3, and a very nice one at that! Feel very fortunate to have it in my collection.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:57 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Jimmy,
Well done buddy. That pic is outstanding with a great historical link to Walsh. Feel free to leave a few Gehrig items for me!

Greg,
Though I don't actively collect him, I really appreciate Mathewson. That box is an outstanding items in great condition. Congrats.

Packs,
The Wagner is awesome. Signed cards of Hans are truly rare. Quite a centerpiece item.

Congrats to all.
Best,
Mark

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 09-09-2012, 11:10 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

As always, I love my Cleveland memorabilia. Picked up a necklace/medallion that commemorated the opening of the Richfield Coliseum with a Sinatra Concert.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:30 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

I haven't posted pickups in a while, so these came over the past couple of months. Nothing too big, but very nice nonetheless.

1936 Type 1 with Yawkey and umpire Moriarty. 7x9in.

The rest I got in a trade with Mark A (GehrigFan)

1939 Union League Club Bulletin. approx 11 x14

1938 Type 1 with Fanny Brice. 7x9in

1939 Type 1 of Lou dressed as a Cowboy. Date stamp is 1939, but I think the pic was likely taken from 1937-38 when he was acting in the movie Rawhide. 7x9in. Man, those Beckett slabs are thick!!!

1939 With Eleanor. Date on back is 1930, but Wide World Photo stamp dates to approx 1937-1943. I have seen similar poses that all seem to date 1939 time frame.

1940 Promotional brochure for book about his life. Book is pretty uncommon. Brochure is pretty rare. Approx 6.5x10in

Mid 1930's Type 2. Small 4x3 pic. I really like the pose. Plus the clarity is spectacular. I really like it. Upon close inspection there is a little goof in the pic. Does anybody notice anything wrong in this photo?

Old 09-09-2012, 03:01 PM

Besides the fact that he's standing behind the plate?
Old 09-09-2012, 03:37 PM

I hit the jackpot this month with Senior League (SPBA) items. First is an extremely rare Sun City Rays batting helmet, followed by 3 game used jerseys, including one of my all time favorite Cincinnati Reds - Dan Driessen. His is the Ft. Myers Sun Sox jersey. I also picked up an Orlando Juice and St. Petersburg Pelicans jersey.

Yesterday my wife and I went to some of the nearby antique stores. As she was busy with the jewelry, I found one booth with sports related items. After looking at most of the items, I was just about to leave when I saw something on the floor, partially hidden by other stuff on top of it. I was pleasantly surprised to find a game used, 1970's (possibly early 1980's) Philadelphia Phillies equipment bag. It has the Cosby tag stitched on and plastic Cosby zipper tag. It's in beautiful shape. I moved some more stuff around and found another game used Phillies equipment bag - this one being from the mid to late 1980's - early 1990's.

The month isn't even half over yet!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010014.jpg (69.9 KB, 650 views)
File Type: jpg P1010017.jpg (75.2 KB, 654 views)
File Type: jpg P1010018.jpg (75.5 KB, 653 views)
File Type: jpg P1010019.jpg (75.1 KB, 652 views)
File Type: jpg P1010020.jpg (74.6 KB, 652 views)
File Type: jpg P1010021.jpg (73.2 KB, 651 views)
File Type: jpg P1010015.jpg (69.9 KB, 648 views)
File Type: jpg P1010016.jpg (71.1 KB, 650 views)
File Type: jpg P1010023.jpg (71.1 KB, 652 views)
File Type: jpg P1010024.jpg (70.2 KB, 650 views)
Old 09-09-2012, 04:24 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

I've had the middle photo for a while, but recently picked up the other two. Nice grouping of photos related to Al Schacht and Nick Altrock's boxing-themed vaudeville act of the late 1920's-early 1930's.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:31 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
Besides the fact that he's standing behind the plate?
Actually, He is standing in front of the plate. The back tip of the plate is pointing away from Lou.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:23 AM

Default One of my favorite pick ups

Single signed with full letter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wagner.jpg (74.0 KB, 556 views)
Old 09-11-2012, 03:29 PM

Default Legendary

Well--as a retired teacher on a fixed income and vintage bat collector, I finally realized my dream and ultimate collectible. I think I am probably finished now. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg babe.jpg (80.8 KB, 509 views)
File Type: jpg babe1.jpg (77.0 KB, 509 views)
File Type: jpg babe2.jpg (71.4 KB, 508 views)
File Type: jpg babe3.jpg (72.2 KB, 505 views)
File Type: jpg babe5.jpg (74.6 KB, 503 views)
File Type: jpg babe6.jpg (64.3 KB, 506 views)
Old 09-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Matt

Great Bat! Congrats! I know you've been patiently waiting to get one and that's a nice one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicollector1954 View Post
Well--as a retired teacher on a fixed income and vintage bat collector, I finally realized my dream and ultimate collectible. I think I am probably finished now. Thanks.

Matt Bub13@aol.com
Always looking for 40k Kork Grip Bats, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Joe Jackson Bats & Gloves
http://oldbaseballbats.webs.com/
Old 09-11-2012, 06:48 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicollector1954 View Post
Great pickup!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default 1909 World Series Game Used Baseball - Game 1

22 year old Ty Cobb vs 35 year old Honus Wagner - 1st major meeting of the 2 on a field.

(from Paddy O'Connor collection, catcher Pitt.)

Per our resident expert Brandon Grunbaum, the Harry Pullium stamped balls are very rare only a handful have surfaced. Pulliam shot himself in NYC in the summer of 1909, they say due to the stress of his position and his decison on the famous Fred Merkle play the season before, giving the Cubs their last World Series.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1909ball2.jpg (55.4 KB, 674 views)
File Type: jpg 1909ball3.jpg (49.5 KB, 678 views)
File Type: jpg 1909ball4.jpg (50.3 KB, 681 views)

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 09-12-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:06 AM

Very impressive!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Belltown Vintage

If you are interested in any photos from Paddy's estate, to go along with that, PM me. I bought most of them.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Curt

Great pickups everyone!

That bat is a beauty!! Congrats!
Old 09-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Jack T

Default Mickey Mantle 1968 Schering \ Afrin poster ad

I'm new here...Love the site. Thanks for all the interesting, informative posts and pictures of great memorabilia!

Picked this up at an antiques co-op shop in PA over Labor Day weekend. I had never seen or heard of this before, so I had to buy it!

The advertisement portion at the bottom is perforated. Apparently, it was intended to be removed so that the unadultered Mantle portion could be displayed as a poster. 36" x 18"

The shop had two others: Wilt Chamberlain (advertisement tab removed) and Johnny Unitas (water damaged); otherwise, I probably would have bought them too.

Mantle Schering Poster Ad

Mantle Schering Poster Ad Text
Old 09-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Doug Goodman

Default Mickey Mantle 1968 Schering \ Afrin poster ad

Nice way to start. Welcome to Net54 Jack.

Doug
Old 09-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Scott

Nice flea market pickup. May sell soon, may keep. not a super expensive item, but I LIKE IT

Darker in person, too much light into scanner bed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg matty.jpg (16.3 KB, 391 views)
Old 09-19-2012, 12:27 AM

Default Early LA Angels mini pennant

My first pick up post. Nothing too special, just a 9 inch mini pennant. Not sure on the date of this one. Could be early 1960s MLB Angels, but I haven't seen any other examples of the logo or font used by the MLB team. Might be 1950s PCL Angels?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo(7).jpg (78.0 KB, 368 views)
File Type: jpg photo(8).jpg (76.5 KB, 370 views)
Old 09-19-2012, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbronco View Post
My first pick up post. Nothing too special, just a 9 inch mini pennant. Not sure on the date of this one. Could be early 1960s MLB Angels, but I haven't seen any other examples of the logo or font used by the MLB team. Might be 1950s PCL Angels?
I'm 100% sure that this is not from the ML Los Angeles Angels era. I suspect that you are correct that this is from the PCL Angels era, FWIW.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:39 PM

Default Vienna Bronze Boxer

Photobucket

This is the fourth boxing piece in a row I picked recently.....I got a boxing clock too but no photo, post later...

www.SportsAntiques.com
Anyways....this little 4" tall boxer is what's referred to as a Vienna Bronze...usually they're painted, occasionally not...Vienna Bronzes were made in Vienna Austria from about the 1880's to as late as the 1930's I believe, Typically they're between 1" and 4" tall, usually very finely hand painted, and came in a myriad of subjects...often fanciful girly themes of animals, kittens and such...some were risquι...Arab/Oriental ones were popular....and a very slight few sports ones were produced. And yes there is a baseball one that goes for big bucks and is extremely rare...that's what I use for my thumbnail photo!. From what I can cull...They caught on in popularity and were exported around the world...typically sold in jewelry and gift stores I think. If you go to my website above you can read more about the boxing ones as I have it featured at the top my home page. Also I've written two other short features on them, links below

See the baseball one this link
http://www.sportsantiques.com/viennabbbronze.htm

See a tennis one this link
http://www.sportsantiques.com/ViennaTen.htm

See a soccer one at very bottom this link
http://sportsantiques.com/latestacquistions.htm

Old 09-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Mikeknapp

Here are my original photo pick-ups for September: 1928 Speaker, 1929 English/Evers/Hornsby, 1934 The Deans, 1930 Hornsby and family, 1936 Billy Herman, 1941 Billy Herman.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Type I 1928 Speaker.jpg (70.8 KB, 463 views)
File Type: jpg Type_I_1929_English_Evers_Hornsby.jpg (67.9 KB, 465 views)
File Type: jpg Type_I_1934_The_Deans.jpg (63.8 KB, 464 views)
File Type: jpg Type_I_1930_Hornsby.jpg (73.8 KB, 463 views)
File Type: jpg Type_I_1936_Herman.jpg (68.0 KB, 463 views)
File Type: jpg Type_I_1941_Herman.jpg (68.8 KB, 460 views)
Old 09-20-2012, 09:43 PM

LOVE the photo of the Deans!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:42 PM
Graig Kreindler

LOVE the photo of Herman holding the bats. What a colorful painting that would make!!

Graig
Old 09-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Hartland original clay statue and artwork for honus wagner

Hi All:

Here is an original clay model that the artist Nick Calcagno did for the Hartland company to show them what his vision of the Wagner statue would look like.

He also did some pen and ink drawings also shown. Hartland accepted his design and agreed to use his work for the statue they issued. Also shown is the finished product

A neat addition to my Hartland collection.

Fred
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Artwork 1.jpg (75.8 KB, 370 views)
File Type: jpg Artwork 2.jpg (71.5 KB, 370 views)
File Type: jpg Artwork 3.jpg (77.7 KB, 367 views)
File Type: jpg Wagner Clay 1.jpg (71.1 KB, 369 views)
File Type: jpg Wagner Clay 2.jpg (72.5 KB, 367 views)
File Type: jpg Wagner Clay 3.jpg (73.1 KB, 367 views)
File Type: jpg mBf4i0Rz4MZn0W-tjxPxcLg.jpg (9.9 KB, 365 views)
Old 09-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonHendricks View Post
This is the fourth boxing piece in a row I picked recently
Once you start down the boxing path, forever will it dominate your collecting. Do not underestimate the powers of the Boxing Side.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 09-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Rick P

Default 1939 Pinball

I was lucky enough to find this 1939 Bally's "FIFTH INNING" pinball machine last week...lucky in that it is 100% original, it is working, and the coin box was filled with $3.00 of nickels! Just showing the backglass and the playfield here (I removed the bottom glass for the photo). I'll post a picture of the entire machine after I reinforce the wooden legs.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:27 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

That machine is just fantastic! I just love the graphics... such artistry and charm, when compared to anything being made today. Wonderful acquisition!

I was fortunate to pick up the Petitto Bust prototype I really wanted from ITPC (Babe Ruth). I had bids on the others, but this is the one I was most focused on...

How about the others? Did anyone here pick up the Stephens, Williams, Stanky, or Dark Statues? Seemed like a pretty rare opportunity, as these never turn up...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Babe Pettito.jpg (37.1 KB, 345 views)
File Type: jpg Babe Petitto1.jpg (29.4 KB, 344 views)
File Type: jpg Babe Petitto2.jpg (21.4 KB, 343 views)
Old 09-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Kenny

Default Pinball

Love the pinball machine.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Hi All:

Here is an original clay model that the artist Nick Calcagno did for the Hartland company to show them what his vision of the Wagner statue would look like.

He also did some pen and ink drawings also shown. Hartland accepted his design and agreed to use his work for the statue they issued. Also shown is the finished product

A neat addition to my Hartland collection.

Fred
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtix View Post
I was lucky enough to find this 1939 Bally's "FIFTH INNING" pinball machine last week...lucky in that it is 100% original, it is working, and the coin box was filled with $3.00 of nickels! Just showing the backglass and the playfield here (I removed the bottom glass for the photo). I'll post a picture of the entire machine after I reinforce the wooden legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
That machine is just fantastic! I just love the graphics... such artistry and charm, when compared to anything being made today. Wonderful acquisition!

I was fortunate to pick up the Petitto Bust prototype I really wanted from ITPC (Babe Ruth). I had bids on the others, but this is the one I was most focused on...

How about the others? Did anyone here pick up the Stephens, Williams, Stanky, or Dark Statues? Seemed like a pretty rare opportunity, as these never turn up...
Wow, WoW, and WOW! Jeez Fred, your Hartland collection is simply phenomenal. Sure would love to see close ups of all your stuff in the background of your scans. Also, the Wagner sketches are superb, and the original clay model of Hans is stunning!

And Mark. That Baseball memorabilia collector lurking in my head kept egging me on to go after that terrific Ruth piece. My dog thought there was someone else in the room, as she kept looking for who I was talking to. No kidding. But as you know, I traded in my Baseball Memorabilia for the Beatles, but I still get itchy palms once or twice a week. A very nice pick up Buddy!

And to my dear Pal Rick... your impeccable eye and extremely good taste, never disappoint. You should charge admission every time you host a Holiday Party.

BTW Rick, when you said "I was lucky enough to find this 1939 Bally's "FIFTH INNING" pinball machine" It is my humble opinion that luck had a very small part in that respect.
OMT... Rick. Do you have a change machine in your game room, or do I need to bring a boatload of coins?

Last edited by thekingofclout; 09-23-2012 at 04:30 PM.