NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Hockey, Olympic, Auto Racing And All Other Cards

Old 01-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Default Vintage Golf Card Article in this months SMR

Posted By: Dave Johnson

Sorry as I already added something for our normal crowd over on the PSA Registry Board, but I wanted to publicly thank Jack Zugay for his mention of me in his Collector Spotlight Article.

Jack has an amazing collection of high grade vintage golf cards!

Others who I have had the pleasure of dealing with that in their own rights have pretty impressive collections at one time or another include Mike Dobryino (Mr Bobby Jones Collector), Peter Parker, Brian Socha, Jason Wilkins, Keith Darvall ..and there are many others too numerous to name.

For those interested in getting into the vintage golf scene, feel free to drop Jack a note (his info is in the article) or stop by the Vintage Golf Card Thread on the Set Registry Board and contact any of the "regulars" over there....me included...

I also wanted to thank those who put this group together here over on 54. I think I have made a few contacts with people who I did not see over on the PSA boards.

We are a pretty tight knit group and love to share our knowledge with any "newbies" to the golf card genre.

Happy New year and Happy Collecting!

Old 01-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

Dave,

Happy New Year to you!

I post on both the PSA board (bjegolf) and over here.
I know there are great guys over there on the PSA board - and I hope they come over here and share their knowledge on this forum (as you have). This board can use the action!

Thanks for pointing out the article in the SMR -
I look forward to reading it.

Regards,
Joe

Old 01-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy

The new SMR has not been mailed to me yet, but as a golf collector it will be the first article I read. Golf cards are great and have been collecting for a few years

Jimmy

Old 01-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

Can someone scan the article ? Is it allowed ? The article is not showing up online here

http://www.psacard.com/smrweb/backissues/current.chtml

Old 01-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Sarian

Unfortunately the editorial staff at SMR didn't do the article any justice on the front cover.

They hype an article on the "King of GOLD Cards."

It would've been nice to not make a mistake in a place where people might have their interest piqued about the article.

Anyways, it's great to see the golf genre getting some attention in a prominent place; hopefully this brings more collectors to this area!

Scott

Old 01-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: paulstratton

I haven't seen the SMR, but did they really spell golf as gold on their front cover? Maybe it's a good thing considering the price of gold lately.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

they may have misspelled golf

but at least they didn't call Bobby Jones "The Famous Golf course designer"

thats a plus