NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Default PSA- Pro Scam Alliance

Posted By: marshall barkman

MB3 yawns and sits back with a wry smile, arms folded behind his head because now Pro Scam Alliance is feeling a little heat.A major and i mean major player just e-mailed me and said that nobody is sending in cards right now to PSA because the grading is so off. Hmmmm i wonder if old Pro Scam Alliance has big brother watching them? How do you like me now Suedo Joe Orlando? What did you think because you are a President of a compnay that i would be intimidated about having my opinion heard.Did you actually think that by screwing me with those bogus grades that i would just roll over and play dead.

I hope everyone understands that this is just not about me, it is about hundreds of individuals that are afraid to speak out that have submitted great cards and then got hammered in grades only to get minimal amounts for the cards and then certain dealers cracking cards out and getting correct grades.

The only reason i sent the cards to PSA and not Beckett is because the cards would be worth more in PSA holders because of the set registry. I know all the fellows at Beckett and have toured the facility and consider the graders to be great fellows. My reputation for grading cards is flawless and i have submitted some of the only ever found BGS 10's in modern rookie cards. My post has nothing to do with SGC or Beckett and i have never had a problem with either compnay nor am i intending any of this to be about their companies.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bobby Binder

Enough already with the whinning....send it in to SGC or Beckett then. Or use one of those dealers you are talking about and consign with them to get the better grade. Your intent is to get the best possible grade and sell.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JimCrandell

"A major and I mean major player just e-mailed me and said that nobody is sending in cards right now to PSA because the grading is so off".

I just sent in 344 and may send in more before I see Joe next week. I will ask him about you.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: KD

Suedo, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever.

[linked image]

Old 01-03-2009, 04:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul Grubor

I've sent in well over 2000 cards in the last six months and I'm very happy with their service. I've only had one problem and thats when I sent in some cards for review and it took a little longer than I expected. I left a message for Joe Orlando and he promptly returned my call and the cards were back to me in a few days. I've been a PSA authorized dealer for over 10 years and PSA has never damaged or lost any of my cards. Hell, I've never even had a card come back with a scratch on the holder!

Paul

Old 01-03-2009, 05:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric B

A major and i mean major player just e-mailed me and said that nobody is sending in cards right now to PSA because the grading is so off........

I find this comment interesting. Last quarter ending Sept 2008, PSA submissions were 301,600 units, a large drop from 351,000 units in the quarter ended June 2008. Although operating income from the division was actually up a little from $329,000 to $345,000.

The reason operating income was up is that the average value of submissions was up quite a bit. Large auction houses submitting super high value cards???? Hmmmm.

Anyway, in about 6 weeks we will get Dec 2008 results.

BTW, the fact that Operating income is running at a $1,500 000 yearly pace does NOT mean they are making money. It wouldn't include such things as Joe Orlando's salary, Accountants, Executives, their rent, Slaes and marketing, etc.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:04 AM
Administrator

Eric,

In any normal business operating income includes all these things.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric B

Jim,

Not the Operating Income line which is the piece they breakout for Divisions, of which PSA is one. It is above the SG&A line.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:15 AM
Administrator

If you guys have a personal relationship and history with PSA and send in thousands of cards then of course you are going to side with them. If either one of you thinks that your getting the same grades as a fellow who sends in maybe 10 to 20 cards a year then you two are living in a fantasy land. Perhaps you did not read the post that out of 125 T-206 cards that were sent in for me by a dealer i was off on 2 cards. Hmmmmmmmmmm let's see 123-125 not bad and both of those cards were off by .5

A Ty Cobb bat off shoulder i thought was a 5 came back a 4.5 and a Southern Leaguer i thought was a 6 came back 5.5

Old 01-03-2009, 06:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay wolt

" Perhaps you did not read the post that out of 125 T-206 cards that were sent in for me by a dealer i was off on 2 cards. Hmmmmmmmmmm let's see 123-125 not bad and both of those cards were off by .5 "

So based on this statement, dealers/big submitters aren't getting better grades
they are getting the proper grades and the rest of us are getting lower grades.
If your 125 cards rec'd a bunch of higher grades then you anticipated
then that would spell out they give preferential traetment. But since all
were in line of your assesment of grade, it tells me the grades were fair.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve F

Okay Marshall, We get it already. -You're a disgruntled customer. Many have been both pleased and disappointed by PSA, SGC and BVG results.

[linked image]

Old 01-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Administrator

I don't believe anyone can predict 123 of 125 grades exactly with just two errors.

Jay who is as honest and as good a dealer as they come hit the nail right on the head--Happy New Year Jay.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:31 AM
Administrator

A case in point is a guy i know who loves American Beauties bought a card from a dealer in a PSA 9 holder, he thought the card was a 10 so he cracked it out and re-submitted the card and it came back a 7.5, he then cracked it out and it came back a 8, he was so mad he has left the card in a 8 holder because he already has lost about 400 dollars in the grade drop. I also sent scans of my American Beauties to this same gentleman and he wanted to make offers before the grading. He felt about 7 to 10 of the cards would be 9's and there could be a couple of 10's.

I'm not trying to sound like a whiner and i apologize if it comes across that way. What i am trying to do is voice a opinion that the grading card company needs to become more consistent and stop the good old boy games it plays.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:39 AM
Administrator

I could care less what either of you two think. My last statement on the issue in regards to the 123 out of 125 is that the owner of the auction house knows that i was on the money and so does a gentleman that used to work for Sotheby's because he looked at the cards with me before i bought the collection and my offer price was due to what i thought the cards would grade. We are talking about a 5 figure collection so believe me a person has to be able to understand grading in order to purchase large and valueable collections without ripping off the parties selling them. Most folks that have a collection of 100 to 500 old tobacco cards that belonged to grandpa have no idea about grading and the difference between a 6 or 7 in a important card.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

"It is about hundreds of individuals that are afraid to speak out ... "

Huh? Hundreds of individuals afraid to speak out against PSA??? Haha. Well whoever those hundreds of individuals are, they certainly haven't been hanging around Net54 anytime recently. Most people here don't seem to have Qualm One about bashing anything and everything related to grading, including individual companies and PSA in particular.

Joann

Old 01-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

The only reason i sent the cards to PSA and not Beckett is because the cards would be worth more in PSA holders because of the set registry.

Which is another way of saying you are a greedy pig.

Steve

Old 01-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Not greedy bro just sharp, i never said i was a collector and have never pretended to be. Whether it is antiques, artwork, real estate or any other commodity most folks are trying to make a profit. It's called business bro and the high end baseball card game is a multi-million dollar game.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingcardman

Hey now, don't insult greedy pigs...they have feelings too. Ask some of the ones who post here.

Seriously, Marshall, if you choose to play in the PSA fast track registry superhighway because that's "business," you can't complain about becoming road kill. You played, you lost, get over it already.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 01-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff O

"I could care less what either of you two think."

What I'm getting from that comment is that you're not interested in having a discussion about this topic, but simply looking to post your views (which I'm not saying are right or wrong, because I have little experience with professional grading services). While I'm more of a lurker than an active poster, I can tell you that generally won't sit well with this crowd, and this isn't exactly new ground that you're covering here.

And, since you've used the word at least twice, unless you're talking about some kind of new suede product marketed as "Suedo" ("It's just as good as suede, but half the price!"), it's pseudo.

Jeff

Old 01-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Why not sell the cards raw? You say you can grade
better and more honestly then the grading companies.

If your only concern was making sure the registry guys
had a shot at these cards they would surely find them
and then you could call them all gem mints and let the buyers sub them.

Then these cards would get graded properly since they have the pull that you don't have.

Most registry guys have an email address attached to their name, so you could
also spam your raw gem mint auctions or sell outright.

Win win for everyone.

Steve

Old 01-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Steve....that is actually what i plan on doing. The cards will be cracked out and then i will just sell them as is with my opinion of what i think they are. I never said i am a expert on grading just that my percentage on knowing what a card should grade is higher than most. Thanks for actually posting a response that does not sound like some jaded dealer who thinks Pro Scam Alliance is credible.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Old 01-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Administrator

I try.

Steve

Old 01-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Administrator

[linked image]

Old 01-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Just trying to route Pro Scam alliance. The line in Vegas was Pro Scam by 7 but i think my blitzing scheme is working because i am getting alot of e-mails in regards to people fed up with these clowns. I am about to send Ray Lewis in the gap shortly.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jdrum

BRING THE NOISE!

Old 01-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Two more e-mails in regards to disgruntled customers. Now let's see MB props up his feet turns on his favorite Sylvia Saint movie and invites over a hottie for a little Yeehaaa ride the ferris wheel. Meanwhile it costs 10-15 bucks to use Pro Scam if you want it slabbed so i'd say my defense is smashing golden Joe around a bit. Next move here comes Ed Reed on a corner blitz. SEND YOUR CARDS ANYWHERE BUT PRO SCAM BABY> Bring the Noise because the route is on.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

Never badder than bad, 'cause the brother is madder than mad.

-Al

Old 01-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony S.

It puts the lotion in the basket.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Administrator

"and invites over a hottie for a little Yeehaaa ride the ferris wheel."

Oh, my. I just saw this. Looks like Marshall will be entertaining his friend Rosie Palm this evening.

-Al

Old 01-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

While I am a big believer in your right to say almost anything you want to, per the rules, this stuff is going to get old pretty soon. I wasn't around for the last several hours or I would have locked that thread that got locked. Thanks to Dan for that. By tomorrow there will only be 1 of these 2 threads you started, still going. We can play in that one. I prefer the board not to get run down with your rant....even if it is legit...or not...I don't care. I appreciate your understanding and please don't start anymore threads about grading...at least for a good while. You can email me privately if you have questions...or post them here..it's all good. thanks again

Old 01-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

MB, I do love it when you refer to yourself in the third person. I've always wondered about the pathology behind someone doing that.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Joann has often wondered about this as well.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Jeff, we have guys who refer to themselves in the third person, and guys who refer to themselves in the plural.

I think from now on I will refer to myself as "THAT one."

-THAT one

Old 01-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

THAT one! Ahh, a blast from the past (October? September?)

Old 01-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Administrator

It's a good nickname, shame to let it go to waste.

-THAT one

Old 01-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Administrator

No rosie palms here fellows because that it is not my deal. I'll stop the Pro Scam Alliance responses per Leon's requests. Also what have i have decided to do is allow Leon to auction one of the beauties off on the main board of the evening of his choice and give the proceeds to any charity he chooses. My personal choice would be somehow the proceeds be given to some cause that relates to the 9/11 disaster. Anyway it's up to Leon. I don't post here often so i am sure everyone will be ok. Have a nice night all.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:47 AM
Administrator

We thinks that the 'hottie' coming over to visit MB is;

[linked image]

Old 01-05-2009, 05:39 AM
Administrator

I'm not into tube steak Steve but usually those who suggest such things are. It's ok if you are a closet one-eyed flute player.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

As promised there is only going to be one thread concerning this crap we have been talking about, that is going to be let go, going forward. To me they are about the same anyway.....best regards