NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-23-2011, 01:05 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Scott, thanks I have spent years cherry picking tossed back 6's for 4's in some cases doubt it will be noticed if and when I sell but it made a difference to me.

Yes there is in fact a sheet mate to our hobby's most famous trimmed card. One of the few cards I regret not pulling the trigger on in my life.

Noticed how Plank is AUTH/Altered and our hobby icon is a PSA 8 both came from the same sheet go figure...got to love this hobby.

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/.../2009/890.html

Cheers,

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 12-23-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Scott, thanks I have spent years cherry picking tossed back 6's for 4's in some cases doubt it will be noticed if and when I sell but it made a difference to me.

Yes there is in fact a sheet mate to our hobby's most famous trimmed card. One of the few cards I regret not pulling the trigger on in my life.

Noticed how Plank is AUTH/Altered and our hobby icon is a PSA 8 both came from the same sheet go figure...got to love this hobby.

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/.../2009/890.html

Cheers,

John
Thanks for sharing - I had no idea this card existed.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:06 PM
tony

Default my total

set 1 48
set 2 02
Old 12-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Bruce C@rter

Set 1 = 343
Set 2 = 88

Last edited by Texxxx; 07-28-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Archive

I would like to reach 520 someday and my goal for the end of this year was 260. Picked up #260 last month after 4.5 years of working on the Monster.

So as of today, Set #1--260

As far as Set #2 or #3, it would take to long to figure that out since I have a lot of multiples of Cleveland players with different backs and I'm doing a back set along with my basic set. If I hadn't bought duplicates and certain backs of some players my number would be at 380.

Passion or Obsession........its a thin line.

Jantz
Old 12-23-2011, 10:30 PM

257 or thereabout.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:28 AM

John,
Your T206s are phenomenal!
JimB
Old 12-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Barry Arnold

Default frank

I note your inquiry regarding an existentialist affirming that zero should probably be dropped as a qualifying set. I'm sure you well know that the existentialist ideology is far from a monolithic perspective so there is really no univocal response to this issue. A Sartrean nihilist might well direct us that zero is as qualifying as any other since the true qualifier is what meaning occurs as being for itself in terms of intentionality rather than from being in itself in stasis. A Heideggerean might well say that zero should be dropped because meaning must arrive epiphenomenally and since there is no true phenomenon
with respect to zero other than our composition of an external linguistic verifier, then zero is dropped by its very nature. A Kierkegaardean existentialist would be open to zero's deserving qualifying status since meaning often arises out of nothing, en vacuo, and deserves status for its
inherent creative impulses. I hope this is helpful to you, Frank.
Many thanks for this extra facet to your T206 question---which although an aside---was quite
ingenious of you.
all the best,
barry
Old 12-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Touche

The bottom line or more appropriately the summation of your input leaves nearly 7 billion people hanging, not knowing whether they are proud owners of T206 sets (albeit with Monster Numbers of 0), or whether they should continue their impoverished lives oblivious to this privileged subset of humanity with Monster numbers greater than or equal to one.

Frank

Last edited by frankbmd; 12-24-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Barry Arnold

Default frank

Yes, indeed.
But gratefully, I am no existentialist.
Happy Holidays.
great having you on board.
best,
barry
Old 07-20-2012, 08:59 AM

Default My decreasing Monster number.

As of 6/16/2006 = my number was at 500.

As of 7/20/2012 = my number is at 92. Needless to say, I sold a few, many of them to people on this board.

I don't think I'll ever truly go back and try again, as some of what I sold, I'll never be able to reacquire. It sure was fun when I was actively buying.

At my peak, the 24 missing ranged from rare and/or expensive to inexpensive commons that for whatever reason, I never acquired. Only 5 missing were HOFers (2 Lajoie, McGraw, Plank, Wagner). No SLers missing. No back brands missing (except Cobb-brand). Though in low condition, I was happy with my ability to acquire as many different cards as I did.

Beginning Monster collectors -- be patient. It can (mostly) be done, especially if condition isn't a concern. Always buy the HOFers, SLers, rarities, tough backs, tough commons, etc. cheap when they show up. You may not get another chance (I missed out on a really crappy Magie 15 years ago and an extremely crappy Wagner about 25 years ago).

Best of luck to the collectors. Interesting thread.

Mike (18colt)

Last edited by Mike (18colt); 07-20-2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: I misspelled "decreasing" in the title the first time. Sorry.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike (18colt) View Post
As of 6/16/2006 = my number was at 500.

As of 7/20/2012 = my number is at 92. Needless to say, I sold a few, many of them to people on this board.

I don't think I'll ever truly go back and try again, as some of what I sold, I'll never be able to reacquire. It sure was fun when I was actively buying.

At my peak, the 24 missing ranged from rare and/or expensive to inexpensive commons that for whatever reason, I never acquired. Only 5 missing were HOFers (2 Lajoie, McGraw, Plank, Wagner). No SLers missing. No back brands missing (except Cobb-brand). Though in low condition, I was happy with my ability to acquire as many different cards as I did.

Beginning Monster collectors -- be patient. It can (mostly) be done, especially if condition isn't a concern. Always buy the HOFers, SLers, rarities, tough backs, tough commons, etc. cheap when they show up. You may not get another chance (I missed out on a really crappy Magie 15 years ago and an extremely crappy Wagner about 25 years ago).

Best of luck to the collectors. Interesting thread.

Mike (18colt)
Your Monster number has been duly recorded. Thanks Mike for both your support and your failure(?). The quest for most of us is the "fiero" (It sure was fun when I was actively buying.) behind this addiction. Rarely does one just go out and buy a completed T206 set, unless you're a Wonka.

More importantly, let me know what you have left......I've been stuck at 511 for awhile..

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:23 AM
Brian Marshall

I realized this morning my Monster Number is 428. I've put a few of my favorite cards bought on the BST below:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 07-28-2012, 06:22 AM
P.hil €lli$

I'm at 323 now (all SGC50 or better).

Finally got my Ames, Hands at Chest so here is a picture of the first 50 (alphabetically) T206, all in SGC50 or better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (71.8 KB, 292 views)