NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-18-2013, 05:18 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Default OT- Lost cards in SF, right in front of my apartment (fingers crossed)

I mindlessly placed 3x cards I was carrying on my neighbor's recycling bin about an hour ago while thumbing out a quick message. I walked into my house, and within 10 minutes realized I didn't have them. I went back to where I knew I'd set them, and they were gone. If anyone, especially in SF area sees these cards for sale- 1935 Diamond Stars Lombardi signed SGC/JSA, and 1947 Bond Bread Robinson PSA-2, and/or an E121-80 Hornsby PSA-3, please let me know.

Thank you,

Ian
Old 09-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Brad Pencil

Oh that sucks Ian hate to hear that.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Zach

Hate to point out the obvious, but did you ask your neighbor if he might have picked them up?
Old 09-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Joe M.

unfortunately that is what these phones and IPODs have done. Forget what you are doing.. walk into fountains, fall onto subway tracks.

Good luck finding your cards.

Joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 09-18-2013, 09:35 PM
Bill Gregory

Damn, Ian, I hope you get these back.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:41 PM
I@n Cl@rke

I already loved my neighborhood, but my faith in the terms "neighbor" and "neighborhood" were greatly reinforced tonight.

2 hours after posting lost signs (.. And yes, knocking on a few doors and asking neighbors) I received a call from two guys who lived down my street. They called from in front of my house (where one sign was posted), so I could hear them talking through my window before my phone rang. I burst out the door immediately. They seemed as excited as I was saying they were planning to post in the "found" section on CL tonight because as the said, "when we found these, we knew someone somewhere was having a really bad day".

For me, it wasn't just the cards. It was that it came immediately on the heels of receiving some pretty serious/bad news, which is one of the reasons my mind was elsewhere when I put them down. Losing them just seemed insult to injury... However losing them and having them returned is far better than had I not lost them at all!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:50 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

great news Ian...sounds like you could have used some too.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:56 PM
Bill Gregory

That's awesome that you got them back! As to the other thing, whatever it may be, I'll keep you in my prayers.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Isaac Lane

Every once in awhile, folks can be pretty cool.

Buy those fellas a couple Anchor Steam beers
Al

See I think belonging to net 54 had a possitive effect rub off on you from the forum owner I believe the word is LUCKEY!!! Glad you have your cards back!

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 09-18-2013, 10:35 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Thanks all. I actually offered a reward, and/or some beers (I have a vendor to relationship with several area brewies, including Anchor!! Though they're not technically my account) or wine.. But they were adamant- "No, just pay it forward for someone else". I exchanged some messages with them tonight, and they said "the genuine smile on your face was priceless and reward enough". It may sound sappy or cheesy, but it was, is pretty amazing. It's made my week.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:09 AM
Bill Gregory

There are still good people left in this world. People that do things not for reward, but because it's the right thing to do.

Sounds to me like you found a few of those good people, Ian. As a strong believer in karma, I can't help but think some good things will come their way.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:44 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
There are still good people left in this world. People that do things not for reward, but because it's the right thing to do.

Sounds to me like you found a few of those good people, Ian. As a strong believer in karma, I can't help but think some good things will come their way.
Agreed Bill. It's funny.. later tonight I watched a news story about a homeless man who'd found $40,000 in a bag and turned it in. He was given a small framed certificate by the local PD (Boston I think).. but has since had $70,000+ raised for him via an on line donation site that someone set up. He didn't ask for this, it just came to him. Life is definitely not always fair (nor is it close), but it's a beautiful thing when good is rewarded with good. I defintiely hope some good befalls my neighbors (and no matter what, I'll keep angling on ways to pay them back)
Old 09-19-2013, 02:07 AM
John Mavroudis

What a wonderful outcome to that story, Ian.

I'm glad the city of San Francisco represented well today!

Congrats on getting those cards back! Cheers!

www.zenpop.com