NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Ken McMillan

Default eBay nonpaying bidder strikes

I had a buyer today that bid on 3 item and did not pay. We opened a case on Monday and the case closed today. The buyer became very abusive as she had received 3 non paying bidder strikes. My question is does a strike on each item mean three strikes or is it counted as one? The person from eBay stated it was three separate strikes and the buyer will not be allowed to buy on eBay. What has anyone else's experience been. Buyer also threatened to have her friends bid on our items and leave negative feedback. We reported her to eBay. Gotta love idiots on a holiday!
Old 11-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Dave

I'm pretty sure. If the three are part of the same transaction from the same seller, it's counted as one.

If she was booted off Ebay because of it, she has more then likely been hit with these from others. Good riddance, I say.

Her interaction with you, threatening to have others neg you.........could be grounds enough for kicking her off, along with any other ID's she has connected to her account.

Also, if she has others bid for you and leave negatives.........it's not going to do her much good if they don't actually pay you. Non-paying customers can't leave you feedback.

If she's vindictive enough to pay for items just to leave you poor feedback, it makes you wonder why she didn't just pay you to begin with.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:58 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
I'm pretty sure. If the three are part of the same transaction from the same seller, it's counted as one.
That has always been my understanding as well. Also consider that eBay would never boot someone off based on their interaction with a single seller. If your unpaid item strikes got them booted off, you were the last in a string of bad dealings they had.

I wouldn't worry too much about retaliation either. 9 times out of 10 these after-the-fact rants are just that, with no bite to back them up. In the off chance that they do have friends willing to sacrifice their accounts to the cause of vengeance, just use the "Report This Buyer" link on your feedback page and explain the situation in the comment for each item their "friends" bought/won. In addition to the Unpaid Item strikes, any feedback they managed to leave will be removed.

Ebay has FINALLY introduced some features to protect sellers (albeit retroactivally) from abusive buyers like this, so be sure to use them. Good luck!

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 11-23-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

I have been told that the 3 strike roll is rarely implemented and buyers are generally not suspended for getting more than 3 strikes. Usually it is a warning until it becomes a habit over a short time.

In your case, it is my understanding that 3 transactions on the same day using the same payment method count as 1 transaction for the buyer however for the seller those 3 transactions count as 3 transactions with regards to the Detailed Seller Ratings.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Ken McMillan

Wouldn't be a suprise to me after reading her "positive" feedback. She had a feedback score of 41 but when you read the feedback, there are in reality 7 negative comments that people posted as positive so they could air their story. She was firing message after message after she got her strikes with each message getting more abusive. We reported her and also called eBay to complain. Too bad eBay just won't let sellers post negative feedback instead of having to post as a positive to tell their story. As you can guess, she is blocked. eBay needs to find a way to prevent idiots. From messaging after they have been blocked. Also, all of her bad behavior has occurred in 8 short months.

Last edited by kmac32; 11-23-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

If she knew to complain about the 7 positive feedback she received from sellers stating a negative comment she could get them removed and eBay would warn the sellers. Yeah I know, pretty ridiculous.

As for preventing people from contacting you that you have blocked, you can do that by following the instructions on this link

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformat...pdates.html#bb
Old 11-23-2012, 08:26 PM

Why is she complain to you about her not paying? That's like me getting mad at Leon because I forgot to renew my subscription to Time magazine.

Last edited by drc; 11-23-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Dave

Please post her ID so the rest of us can add her to our blocked bidder lists.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Ken McMillan

Petrakabayo is the name for anyone who wants to block her.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Please post her ID so the rest of us can add her to our blocked bidder lists.
Petrakabayo is the name
Old 11-23-2012, 10:31 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Thanks for the tip, though I don't sell women's clothing and accessories, so I'm not sure that me blocking her would do much good here
Old 11-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
Thanks for the tip, though I don't sell women's clothing and accessories, so I'm not sure that me blocking her would do much good here
The world needs to block this idiot. LOL. Better solution would be to ban her from eBay. Get the distinct feeling that she was probably kicked off before and started fresh 8 months ago. Probably a cycle for her.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:27 AM
Zach

Wow nice that she tries blackmail as a method to not pay. She changed her mind about buying and if you don't respect it then she will sick her "gang" of other non payers on you.

Last edited by zljones; 11-24-2012 at 03:27 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:40 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default npb's

I have said it many times. eBay could solve the NPB problem with one simple rule. If you are a buyer and have an open NPB you should not be allowed to bid or make a purchase until the original NPB has been paid.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
I have said it many times. eBay could solve the NPB problem with one simple rule. If you are a buyer and have an open NPB you should not be allowed to bid or make a purchase until the original NPB has been paid.

Rick
Agree with that one but due to the feedback system and retaliatory feedback, I would rather not sell my goods to or even deal with a NPB after the fact. eBay needs to do something about buyers leaving bad feedback as it is way to easy for a buyer to leave negative feedback. eBay should also remove negatives if the seller can prove that the buyer is wrong. Should not be an automatic negative feedback always stays rule. eBay is getting a little better for sellers, but it has a long long way to go.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
Petrakabayo is the name

Thanks.

Checked her out. Pretty ironic for somebody who pays slow or doesn't like to pay at all, she recently left a negative for a seller for slow shipping, six days after the auction ended.

She seemed more peeved because the seller asked her to pay right away, which is a setting some sellers have to cut down on non-paying bidders.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Thanks.

Checked her out. Pretty ironic for somebody who pays slow or doesn't like to pay at all, she recently left a negative for a seller for slow shipping, six days after the auction ended.

She seemed more peeved because the seller asked her to pay right away, which is a setting some sellers have to cut down on non-paying bidders.
Sounds pretty typical for her. If eBay was doing their job, she should be booted permanently. We got a bid on an item this morning and watches on the same items we relished so I am pretty sure it is some of her idiot friends. Tempted to close these auctions early. Probably too soon to report the new bidder but I can end early to thwart the plan.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:25 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
We got a bid on an item this morning and watches on the same items we relished so I am pretty sure it is some of her idiot friends. Tempted to close these auctions early. Probably too soon to report the new bidder but I can end early to thwart the plan.
You're assuming that it is her friends and not a legitimate bidder? Are you just never going to sell those items again for fear that every bid on them could be one of her friends?

If you let threats of retaliation from bidders like this alter your behavior, you are giving her the power. I would advise that you just conduct your business as usual, and if someone so ridiculous does have friends that will stick their neck out for her, file unpaid item strikes and report them to eBay as well. Either way, you would lose the listing fees for your item(s), but at least you won't be yanking the auction out from under legitimate bidders.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default ebay

Does anyone know is shes single or not ?

Ral G
Old 11-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
You're assuming that it is her friends and not a legitimate bidder? Are you just never going to sell those items again for fear that every bid on them could be one of her friends?

If you let threats of retaliation from bidders like this alter your behavior, you are giving her the power. I would advise that you just conduct your business as usual, and if someone so ridiculous does have friends that will stick their neck out for her, file unpaid item strikes and report them to eBay as well. Either way, you would lose the listing fees for your item(s), but at least you won't be yanking the auction out from under legitimate bidders.
Did a google search on the new bidder, and they live in the same city. Coincidence??? Also we really don't care if the items sell as we will probably gift them to some relatives or even donate to goodwill. Ready for a break from eBay til after the holidays anyhow.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:30 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Did a google search on the new bidder, and they live in the same city. Coincidence??? Also we really don't care if the items sell as we will probably gift them to some relatives or even donate to goodwill. Ready for a break from eBay til after the holidays anyhow.
Okay, you got me there. Being in the same city does make it much more likely that it's one of her cronies
Old 11-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Dave

Well,

Doing a little more research, it looks like the 3 non-paying bidder strikes and you're out, is either a thing of the past.............or a myth.

Was doing a little surfing on the Ebay Powerseller forums:

Check out the bidding history and feedback left for the following bidder:

"christiescollections"

10's of thousands of $'s in won bids. Doesn't look like they are paying for anything. As of today, Ebay is still letting them bid on items.

They are marking items as "payment sent", and screwing sellers out of fees and the ability to file UPI's it looks like.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Ken McMillan

That is the worst one I have ever seen. Only thing worse is if the person would be verbally abusive. That one is a no brainier on banning.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Dave

Quote:
That is the worst one I have ever seen. Only thing worse is if the person would be verbally abusive. That one is a no brainier on banning.

I could take the verbal abuse if somebody actually paid for an item and wasn't trying to ruin my reputation.

This looks like somebody getting off on ruining a lot of sellers time and money.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
I could take the verbal abuse if somebody actually paid for an item and wasn't trying to ruin my reputation.

This looks like somebody getting off on ruining a lot of sellers time and money.
I meant the combo of not paying and verbal abuse. eBay makes it far too easy for buyers to leave negative feedback. There should have to be evidence of communication on a buyers part before they can neg a seller. If someone is not happy with seller, try to work it out with the seller first before leaving a negative should be the rule. It is amazing how many times you see a negative left with no attempt on a buyers part to work things out.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:25 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
It is amazing how many times you see a negative left with no attempt on a buyers part to work things out.
In my personal experience, that would be EVERY time. I have never had a buyer state a reasonable complaint and then be so disgusted with my proposed resolution that they still left negative or neutral feedback. They either don't communicate at all and blindside you with the neg, or have some unreasonable demand and aren't happy with a reasonable response. (As in, what do you mean you'll refund my payment plus shipping costs if I return it? I want to keep it AND get my money back!) I will never understand buyers who would rather neg a seller over some issue rather than bother asking them to make it right.

Edited to add: Supposedly now a buyer has to have communicated with the seller before eBay will allow them to leave a negative. But there's no distinction between a buyer messaging you to actually try to work it out and them sending you a message with nothing but a frowny face in it.

The three strikes rule may or may not be in effect, but it's never been 3 strikes EVER. There has always been a window that the strikes have to occur in, and you can never tell who else actually filed complaints when, so it would be very easy for eBay to fudge or disregard the rule of 3 for whatever reason. It's always lots of assurances that they take these things seriously and are looking into it, but never any transparent action taken, so who knows how many complaints have to pile up before someone gets booted. I suspect it has much more to do with whether eBay is getting paid than the seller.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 11-25-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
In my personal experience, that would be EVERY time. I have never had a buyer state a reasonable complaint and then be so disgusted with my proposed resolution that they still left negative or neutral feedback. They either don't communicate at all and blindside you with the neg, or have some unreasonable demand and aren't happy with a reasonable response. (As in, what do you mean you'll refund my payment plus shipping costs if I return it? I want to keep it AND get my money back!) I will never understand buyers who would rather neg a seller over some issue rather than bother asking them to make it right.

Edited to add: Supposedly now a buyer has to have communicated with the seller before eBay will allow them to leave a negative. But there's no distinction between a buyer messaging you to actually try to work it out and them sending you a message with nothing but a frowny face in it.

The three strikes rule may or may not be in effect, but it's never been 3 strikes EVER. There has always been a window that the strikes have to occur in, and you can never tell who else actually filed complaints when, so it would be very easy for eBay to fudge or disregard the rule of 3 for whatever reason. It's always lots of assurances that they take these things seriously and aUre looking into it, but never any transparent action taken, so who knows how many complaints have to pile up before someone gets booted. I suspect it has much more to do with whether eBay is getting paid than the seller.
Lance,

Isn't that the truth on all you said. eBay can see all the messages sent through their system so it would take a little effort ( very little effort) to verify facts. If the message facts warrant reasonable grounds to leave negative then fine. If the facts indicate the buyer is being unreasonable, then no negative feedback can be left. But that would make too much sense.