NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-19-2002, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Default Mastro and Lipset customer service

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
We rag on enough people and auction houses about stuff that I thought I would give a friendly post. In the last Lipset auction I had to wait a few days to send the money out as I was diverting some funds from my little girls education fund (just kidding) and was not quite finished....when all of the sudden someone threw a Lew Lipset Auction box on my desk. I knew it couldn't be the cards as I hadn't even sent the money yet. It WAS them. I called Lew and asked about it and he said that he sometimes does that with people he knows. I couldn't call home and ask what I owed (which is where the invoice was) because I hadn't told my CFO (wife) about our new prized posessions. I sent him a blank check and told him to fill in the blanks. In an email the next day he told me to relax and that it was ok......NOW, today I just got a call from home again...damn explaining to do .....I called Doug Allen yesterday (friend and Pres of Mastro) and asked him that if I sent the check would he mind sending the cards out and not holding the check for the normal 10 days. He said no problem. That was yesterday. I got the cards today...and above and beyond that Kevin Struss called me several times to see if I had any questions on things I was bidding on....BOTH of these auction houses have given me exemplary service and I just wanted to say THANKS !!!!!! regards all (now back to explaining to the wife)

Old 12-19-2002, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom

I always had the same relationship with Ron Oser (Tom) where he would send out the goods the same day I was sending the $$ in the mail. They'd cross over. Customer service is pretty strong with both of those auctions.......

Old 12-19-2002, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: RobertS

Have the cards sent to your office (where your "desk" is, I presume), so nobody at home knows your buying. Pretty slick...

Old 12-19-2002, 12:39 PM
Administrator

it's a "need to know" basis....if they come to the office she doesn't need to know.... best regards (why is it I am always real happy the rest of the day when I get my cards in the mail?)

Old 12-19-2002, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom

2 more weeks before I get the ball and chain attached and hire a new CFO.......my stuff goes to the house or my dad's patio home since he's home during the day. Trying to figure out what to do after Jan 20th.....

Old 12-19-2002, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Hodes

I thought I would repost my question about getting messages to auction lot winners here as it seems to have been neglected in the other Mastro auction thread:

*Is there a way to send a note to the winner of a lot? I am sure I am not the first collector who wanted a part of a lot and would like to at least get a message to the winner of the lot expressing my interest if that person would like to contact me.*

Certainly, I understand and respect the importance of maintining a winner's privacy/confidentiality but all am asking is if it is possible for the auctioneer to get him/her a message from me that he or she can respond if they so chose.

Old 12-19-2002, 12:57 PM
Administrator

I would think that if you ask an auction house they will relay a message for you. The buyer would still have their anonymity protected. Have you tried already and been shot down? best regards

Old 12-19-2002, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Lawrie

I've had the same excellent experiences with Lew Lipset, as well as with Kevin Struss and Doug Allen at Mastro. They're all great guys. Depsite Mastro's disclaimer that all sales are final, I'm certain they would make good on any card lots that ended up being altered or counterfeit. The only time I could ever seeing there being a contentious issue is on a signature, which on vintage items would end up being a "my expert vs. your expert" problem. But Mastro really seems to bend over backwards to make customers happy (makes sense, as happy customers are return customers and future consigners), and so even on signature items I'm sure they would work with the buyers to make sure they ended up satisfied. (Based on personal experience.)

Old 12-19-2002, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

and forget about sex. Heck, I'm married 7 years, I don't even need to worry about contraception anymore, just being there does the trick.

Nah, I'm kidding. I love my wife and I love being married (now can I get off the couch, honey)?