NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-14-2002, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Default Board fairness

Posted By: Bob

I wanted to post this out of fairness to a guy who has been raked over the coals lately, Tom Lawrie. Tom has consistently paid me for all my ebay auctions and just today a money order arrived paying me for some Nadjas he purchased. Another seller told me he also had received payment today for his cards. I think everyone agrees Tom is a good guy but there were some concerns over his non-payments or late payments. Tom has indicated that he has mailed a slew of money orders so everyone should be paid soon. I think Tom realizes that perhaps he should have done a better job of communication but he is a stand up guy and I'm glad he is taking care of everything. I felt this needed to be posted, in all fairness.

Old 12-14-2002, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Default Board fairness

Posted By: leon

Although I have not really had any deals with Tom I heard the same thing today. I have exchanged good emails with him before though and he seems like a nice guy. Being a card-addict myself I hope he gets his operational issues behind him and sails forward without any problems. Good to hear it.....NOW, if anyone would like to be my sponsor (CA- Cardoholics Anonymous) for my addiction I am open for one...............must be available late on auction nights .....regards all

Old 12-14-2002, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Default Board fairness

Posted By: runscott

We need as many knowledgeable people in the hobby as possible, and Tom's certainly one of them. He obviously made a serious effort to clear up all the problems in one fell swoop, so let's just go from there - no problem here. It's tough not to play the game in this hobby - I almost overdid it last night with Mastro, so I definitely understand the urge.

Old 12-14-2002, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Default Board fairness

Posted By: runscott

I would have to say that tonight qualifies!

Old 12-15-2002, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Default Board fairness

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

wrote me three days ago and offered me $1000 for a E-93 Cobb I have for sale and told me he was mailing out 20 money orders and wanted to know if I wanted one of them for the Cobb.......he must get paid once a month and then pays people for stuff he won.School grants for cards or something like that.He's fine!

Old 12-15-2002, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Default Board fairness

Posted By: jay behrens

and you pay me off in cards instead of money

Jay

Old 12-15-2002, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Default Board fairness

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I had a few contacts from Tom, but never did receive payment for the card he was high bidder on. i relisted the card. So if your out there Tom and your sending money you don't need to worry about what you owe me.

Old 12-16-2002, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Default Board fairness

Posted By: petecld

I should have made this post earlier.

I too have been paid by Tom. Same day as Bob was paid.