NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Default The Breadth and Depth of Knowledge on This Board ...

Posted By: Joann

... never cease to amaze me.

Really. Sorry to start a whole new thread, but I just had to. I was going to post this in the current thread about players that don't have a T206 card, but thought it may be missed by those with other interests.

With all of the occasional bickering and dissent, the breathtaking knowledge on this board is always there, never completely absent.

Between just two threads in the top portion of Page 1 - the T206 missing player thread and the one about the Hindu ads - we see the depth of members' instant knowledge of not only T206's, but also players, leagues, teams, businesses, geography, rivalries, commerce, licenses, advertisements and who knows what all else!

And most importantly, all of these topics are woven together in a fun and easy read that brings facts, context and food for further thought all into a few dozen posts. To me, that is just amazing.

Sorry again to start a whole thread about it, but when I consider myself half-a$$ knowledgeable about cards and read some of this stuff and realize how much I don't know - well sometimes the spirit just moves you!

Very well done, everyone.

Joann

Oh - and on a related note, if you want to see the same death-defying feats on the Memorabilia side, just go there now and read the post Rhys Yeakley made tonight about the baseball stereoview that just ended on ebay. And then bump around a few of the other threads. I'm becoming addicted to that side of the board too, and wish I could contribute anything to it.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jerry Hrechka

I agree - I have had my knowledge exponentially increased by the informative posts on this Forum. Just wish I could add some thing once in a while (Other than bad Honeymooner references).

Old 11-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

There are no bad Honeymooner references!

Old 11-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Not only are the majority of folks on this board very knowledgeable but they are also very generous. There is no better place on the internet to discuss vintage baseball cards and memorabilia.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Doug Moore

Can someone direct me to the memorabilia forum? Joann has caught my interest on the stereoview..

Old 11-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Doug click on this link...it can be found at the top of this forum.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/567138/

Old 11-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

See the little picture of the glove, in yellow, that says "Net54 Vintage Memorabila Forum" at the top of the front page? Click on it and you will be there.....I might need to add a "click here" to the icon..... and have fun...regards

Old 11-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Thanks Joann!

Old 11-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Thanks all, it might have bit me since it was right in front of my eyes!

Old 11-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Don't feel like the lone stranger. You and a ton of other folks have asked where it is....I hope more folks will post over there too. Back to subject; I am obviously biased, but I also think there is a unique amount of vintage knowledge, in total, on the board. It's truly amazing sometimes.....between the cat fights, that is...

Old 11-29-2007, 05:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

Joanne,

I second that..

martyOgelvie
nyyankeecards.com
Old 11-29-2007, 05:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

I am delighted to hear it.
You are all very welcome! I'm happy to help, anytime!

Old 11-29-2007, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy

I do have to say that this board has helped me increase my knowledge and I also have a better understanding of how to share my experiences and knowledge about the hobby. We all contribute in different ways which makes me feel comfortable about talking about what I have learned over the years.

Take care Jimmy

Old 11-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: peter chao

Joanne,

I've been reading this board for about a year and I still consider myself a newbie. It's really because of the reasons that you stated...Net54 members just know a lot about the hobby...and I'm finding out daily that there is much to learn.

Peter C.