NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-03-2010, 01:24 PM
C.o.e

Default verisleeve grading

Hello, I was searching on ebay for e90-1's and came across some that had been graded by a company called verisleeve. Has anyone heard of this grading company and is it to be trusted? here is the link to the grading service http://verisleeve.com/
Old 03-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Rob Miller

They must have literally just opened shop. I am not sure what their program is, but it seems they cater to lower grade cards?

"Finally there's an affordable service to have off grade and lower value cards encapsulated along with your most prized collectibles. Verisleeve encapsulation provides protection and ensures the authenticity of your cards."

I would always err on the side of caution when we aren't talking about the Top 3 or 4 grading companies.

EDITED TO ADD: I saw in their pop report they graded an N172 Tim Keefe (A).....geez

Last edited by Robextend; 03-03-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Doug C.

Never heard of it, but the holders appear to be like a card saver with a label over the opening. According to the site "With Verisleeve's tamper proof labeling system, its virtually impossible for a label to be removed and reused in an effort to deceive a collector". If it's only virtually impossible to remove the label, odds are somebody will find a way.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:41 PM
D.B. Cooper

Suffice to say, that seller's testimonials about Verisleeve should not be considered entirely objective.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Doug C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony S. View Post
Suffice to say, that seller's testimonials about Verisleeve should not be considered entirely objective.
The seller (who is selling all Verisleeve graded cards) is located in Boynton Beach, FL. Verisleeve is located in Boynton Beach, FL. I'm guessing either there's a connection or he's really pulling hard for the hometown grading service.

Last edited by Doug; 03-03-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:55 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

Did you catch their testimonials.............

"Verisleeve has been bery, bery good to me!

testpic.jpg

Lovely Day...
Old 03-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

There's a link to all his ebay auctions at the homepage. Im not sure that's a good business move. Nor is the GAI flip impersonation.

But, competition is a good thing. Hope he makes it.
Give 'em hell Vladislav... Poor bastard

Last edited by Ladder7; 03-03-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Isn't it interesting how none of these fly by night third party graders ever post a cv or other biographical information that would allow the reader of the web site to evaluate who they are and what their qualifications are for doing what they do?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 03-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Never heard of it, but the holders appear to be like a card saver with a label over the opening. According to the site "With Verisleeve's tamper proof labeling system, its virtually impossible for a label to be removed and reused in an effort to deceive a collector".(
The label can't be removed without shredding, but the card can be switched?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:32 PM
D.B. Cooper

This seems an ideal opportunity for the board member who started this service to advertise their new product and address these questions.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Glyn Parson

Default have we discussed isa on here

http://www.isagrading.com/

I know I've at least heard of Mr. Koonce.

Has anyone seen any of the cards yet? I know I won't buy, without first seeing in person, but I was wondering if anyone has seen any of these yet?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Barry Sloate

Nice to know the label can't be removed, but a more pertinent question would be can they detect altered cards, and do they know how to grade?

Last edited by barrysloate; 03-04-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:45 PM
C.o.e

I was also wondering if someone on the board has any connection to this service and if they can detect altered cards?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Glyn Parson

Default They have a facebook page with 2 friends

Jason Dodd, and Danielle Sacks Butler
Old 03-04-2010, 05:42 PM

Default I'm the seller...

Most of you know me... and I'm the seller of the current Verisleeve cards on ebay.

Verisleeve is local to me and being run by Rob Butler. He's been a dealer for quite some time, quite a knowledgeable body when it comes to cards. He's given up life as a dealer, actually sold a hobby/card shop he had here in florida about a year ago and has been working on this startup.

I've known him for years and provided about 2000 cards for grading to help his venture get kicked off (and yes I paid for the services, he needed capital).

Its a saturated market and I wish him well, he might be a viable low cost alternative to the big guys for those on ebay looking to have lower value stuff graded for resale.

He's been engulfed with the startup, but I'm working to get him on here to introduce himself to everyone.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:07 PM
D.B. Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmokramer View Post
Most of you know me... and I'm the seller of the current Verisleeve cards on ebay.

Verisleeve is local to me and being run by Rob Butler. He's been a dealer for quite some time, quite a knowledgeable body when it comes to cards. He's given up life as a dealer, actually sold a hobby/card shop he had here in florida about a year ago and has been working on this startup.

I've known him for years and provided about 2000 cards for grading to help his venture get kicked off (and yes I paid for the services, he needed capital).

Its a saturated market and I wish him well, he might be a viable low cost alternative to the big guys for those on ebay looking to have lower value stuff graded for resale.

He's been engulfed with the startup, but I'm working to get him on here to introduce himself to everyone.
I should say Verisleeve is very local to you. The mailing address on the Verisleeve website is your address.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:15 PM

Yes thats correct, I've always used that address for my deliveries. My current EBAY and PAYPAL addresses are not that address anymore. There are many companies that use that location for their mailing address.

As Rob ventured into this startup, I've done everything I could to help, he's been someone I've known for many years. As I said, I wish him luck, the grading business is a VERY SATURATED market and its probably too late to enter the game.

Last edited by cozmokramer; 03-04-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Barry Sloate

Eric- the best way for your friend to succeed is to do a really good job. The market may be saturated with grading services, but there is always room for a better product.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:43 PM

Barry - I agree with your comments... but late to the game is difficult for anyone thats up against companies that have already established themselves as SGC and PSA has. Look at how much trouble GAI has had trying to re-invent themselves over and over.

So many of you have posted over and over... buy the card, not the holder. If what I have doesn't interest you or you are bothered by the conflict of interest in me helping someone with a startup, don't bid on my auctions.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:48 PM

Eric, a bit of friendly advice for your friend...

There are numerous grammatical errors, some questionable punctuation usage, and outright sentence fragments in the Verisleeve writeup on the website. Hiring someone to edit the site's content may make financial sense, as these mistakes take away a lot of the "professionalism".
Old 04-04-2010, 02:03 AM
D.B. Cooper

Quote:

So you're not the CEO of Verisleeve LLC? Because you're listed as such on the Florida Department of State Division of Corporations website.

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet...s_filing_type=

Last edited by Anthony S.; 04-04-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:42 AM
Steven Finley

I don't care who runs it or the politics beside it. If you grade the cards properly and build consumer confidence, we will use it.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:03 AM
J0hn B@silone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony S. View Post
So you're not the CEO of Verisleeve LLC? Because you're listed as such on the Florida Department of State Division of Corporations website.

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet...s_filing_type=

Let the truth set you free. Best of luck with your new venture.

Last edited by Basilone; 04-04-2010 at 05:07 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

nice detective work Anthony ! Lying is no way to gain a customer base - maybe it just doesn't matter anymore though when it comes to card grading
Old 04-04-2010, 07:30 AM

Mr Rob Butler
Quote:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4a22bac5c1d75_75577n.jpg (27.0 KB, 441 views)
Old 04-04-2010, 07:35 AM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Great work Anthony

He's not only a client, he's also the President. Honesty and integrity goes a long way especially when one is attempting to start a business.

Oh well, not that I was going to change TPG's or anything.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:21 AM

wow... what great detective work...

Did you also search out the addendum to the articles where this used to be Foodle LLC.? And then the filing where Foodle LLC. was recently sold to a Mr. Rob Butler and consequently the name changed from Foodle LLC. to Verisleeve LLC.?

Best of luck to everyone here, i'm not going to continue to post as its a waste of my time. Everyone here is looking to find fault or something wrong in just about every situation without the whole story or full research.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Not so sure of the name cozmo, doesnt really flow... If you'd go with "Kramerica Kards", I'll send in a sub immediately.

Whatever happened to the restaurant, where the customers make their own pie?
Old 04-04-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder7 View Post
Not so sure of the name cozmo, doesnt really flow... If you'd go with "Kramerica Kards", I'll send in a sub immediately.

Whatever happened to the restaurant, where the customers make their own pie?
Now that was original. Why didn't I think of this?
Old 04-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Barry Sloate

You can't have people putting their hands into a 600 degree oven.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Banned

Is it a graded card when the grade is conceived or when the card is put in a holder?

Last edited by Rob D.; 04-04-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Cozmo

Hey Cozmo
Even though there was a good explanation you have to agree that from the outside it did look like you were the Pres.? You are a good member and I hope you stick around. As for helping a startup there is nothing wrong with that. And as far as any kind of restaurant business goes, I can feel your pain. (and I will be feeling it for some more years)

Other than that it's only 11:40am in Dallas and I think I am already getting tired .
Old 04-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Rob Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
You can't have people putting their hands into a 600 degree oven.
Costanza is in the building!!!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Barry Sloate

Let me have some of that eggplant George. Old Steinie wants some more of that calzone (I'm paraphrasing badly here).
Old 04-04-2010, 08:50 PM
J0hn B@silone

Quote:
wow... what great detective work...

Did you also search out the addendum to the articles where this used to be Foodle LLC.? And then the filing where Foodle LLC. was recently sold to a Mr. Rob Butler and consequently the name changed from Foodle LLC. to Verisleeve LLC.?

Best of luck to everyone here, i'm not going to continue to post as its a waste of my time. Everyone here is looking to find fault or something wrong in just about every situation without the whole story or full research.

I think he was looking at the document that was signed/filed 5 days ago (3/29/10).

http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/73398602.pdf
Old 04-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

The nickel and dime fraud that occurs on this site is almost too funny to be true.

Now has anyone seen Kramer and Blunder in the same room at the same time?
Old 04-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

wow....so that document filed on the 29th totally contradicts what was previously posted. Veri-interesting
Old 04-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default introduction for Verisleeve

Self meet....self.

Last edited by Leon; 04-04-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:25 AM

Again, half-ass reasearch.

Thats just an annual report thats filed by typing in a credit card online. Now please go ahead and find all the amendments to the articles of incorporation that were also put into place over the past couple weeks.

Also, do your research, this is a company that has been around for over 5 years, its nothing new.

No wonder why people give others like blunder and bruce a hard time around here, all you people do is look for negativity.

THANK YOU LEON, this board has been great, I've been selling and buying from members for many years on here and it has been enjoyable. Quite frankly I don't have the ability to deal with politics that goes on here anymore, its just not enjoyable. There are other boards where I can buy and sell and help build my collection.

Signing of....
Old 04-05-2010, 06:38 AM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

I simply don't see Rob Butler's name anywhere on that document that was filed with the Florida Secretary of State. Shouldn't he be the registered agent or the CEO or both if he is the owner of Veri-Sleeve. that's how we do it here in Ohio anyway
Old 04-05-2010, 06:48 AM
J0hn B@silone

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206DK View Post
I simply don't see Rob Butler's name anywhere on that document that was filed with the Florida Secretary of State. Shouldn't he be the registered agent or the CEO or both if he is the owner of Veri-Sleeve. that's how we do it here in Ohio anyway
I did not see Mr. Butler's name anywhere on the links that Anthony S. provided either.

Document Images
03/29/2010 -- ANNUAL REPORT
03/18/2010 -- LC Name Change
03/19/2009 -- ANNUAL REPORT
07/08/2008 -- ANNUAL REPORT
07/05/2007 -- LC Name Change
07/03/2007 -- ANNUAL REPORT
04/23/2006 -- REINSTATEMENT
01/13/2004 -- Florida Limited Liabilites

Last edited by Basilone; 04-05-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

More shoddy research.

Last edited by calvindog; 04-05-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:49 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Ya just can't count on the state of Florida to get anything right. BTW, is cock fighting legal in Florida? May have to change name to verisleeze.

Last edited by oldjudge; 04-05-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Yes, but not with poultry
Old 04-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder7 View Post
Yes, but not with poultry
lol
Old 04-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Paul

Regardless of the drama, an inexpensive service for low end cards is not a bad idea IMHO.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Agreed. Take away the fraudulent presentation here and the grammar on the site which was written by someone who speaks English as a third or fourth language and I'm all for it.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:59 AM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadballpaul View Post
Regardless of the drama, an inexpensive service for low end cards is not a bad idea IMHO.
The motto for BCCG
Old 04-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime View Post
The motto for BCCG

BCCG would be borderline OK if they used the standard 10 point grading scale. Grading cards on a scale of 5-10 only is the misleading part. When the worst POS card you can imagine is graded as a BCCG 5, that's where the problems start.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Banned

Offensive.