NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 09-22-2018, 04:52 AM

Default Storing sets in 3200 ct vs individual boxes

If you have multiple sets say, 1970-1989 topps for example, do you store them in 3200ct or 5000ct boxes or does each set have their own individual box?

I noticed with the 3200 ct boxes, the cards are upright, so they might be easier to flip through them, but 3 or 4 sets will be all in the same box... but for keeping each set organized, the individual boxes might be the way to go, with the year written on the outside of the box, etc.

Just a question for the non-binder set collectors.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:32 AM
Brandon Bailey

A little of both. I think everything through 1985 is in its own box, but I have 3200 count boxes with 4 1987 topps sets, 4 1987 donruss sets and 4 1989 upper deck sets and several others. Sometimes space saving wins out.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:52 AM
Bi11..R0berts

My '70's sets are in binders, anything newer than that are in boxes for each year.
Successful transactions with: Chesboro41, jimivintage, Bocabirdman, marcdelpercio, Jollyelm, Smanzari, asoriano, pclpads, joem36, nolemmings, t206blogcom, Northviewcats, Xplainer, Kickstand19, GrayGhost, btcarfango, Brian Van Horn, USMC09, G36, scotgreb, tere1071, kurri17, wrm, David James, tjenkins, SteveWhite, OhioCard Collector, sysks22, ejstel. Marty
Old 09-22-2018, 08:11 PM
Steve Birmingham

I Used to use 3200 count boxes for a lot of stuff, but then the ones I could get started not fitting toploaders. So now I have a lot more shoebox boxes. Most of the older hockey is in a 6 row box that I don't think is made anymore. I've mostly gotten out of binders. Too many curled pages. Plus having to buy sheets for the entire set and leave space so I don't have to rearrange every card to add a new one.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:26 AM

Steve, that's what I've noticed. Are the shoeboxes the ones that hold 1600 (2 row) because it seems they fit top loaders better, not as tight fitting.

I might do what was mentioned here, individual boxes for the older stuff and once I get to a certain year (1986?) go with more the mass storage.

I find with the 1986-1992 there is less need for top loaders, IMO, anyway.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:45 AM
Steve Birmingham

Yes, the shoeboxes are the 1600 ct two row ones.

I have a constant battle with either having to leave a bunch of space unused, or having to split a set between boxes. Really modern sets with inserts etc won't even fit in a 2 row once you get enough of them. My 91 Topps with different backs and variations takes up about 3 rows of a 3200 count.

I only have a couple sets in single boxes. Mostly the 1982 sets I bought new and left in the boxes they were mailed in.

I keep wanting to build a special drawer unit to hold the older stuff. I haven't decided between doing a modular thing, or one piece like a library cardfile. I also have a card file, but can't bring myself to use it without the rods that retain the index cards. Or to toss the index cards. The school mom worked for had a prison in town, and as it was low security and mainly rich convicts, they'd have them type the index cards. Occasionally there's one where they got bored and included some unkind comment about another prisoner.