NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Default Stolen card/Merry Christmas

Posted By: tbob

Buried at the bottom of the long thread under a different subject was the fact that the E98 Old Put Clarke card which was one of sixteen stolen from me is pictured on page 302 of the 2004 SCD catalogue. It may also be in the 2005 catalogue, I haven't purchased mine yet, waiting for Santa to bring it. If anyone spots this at a show or on the internet, please let me know, ok?
Happy holidays to every one of my collector friends. Your support and emails during the GAI/UPS mess was greatly appreciated. I know of no other hobby which has so many wonderful people involved.
tbob

Old 12-14-2004, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Elkins

will get in the Christmas Spirit and sell one to you????? HINT HINT LEON!

Old 12-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

then pull his testicles over the top of his head as punishment.

Old 12-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott brockelman

odds are the package was either lost off a truck or in one of the sorting facilities and/or damaged beyond deliverable or recognizable. in either event the cards are lost forever and not only do you not catch a thief and retrieve some or all of the cards, they just flat are lost to error or neglect and further attrition of vintage cards occurs. (tom, not pointed at your company, just happened on their watch this time, others shippers have had the same experience).

just another factor in attrition of cards, we have all probably had a package lost in the mail either coming or going.

scott

Old 12-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert A

I know it's a long shot that you'll get your cards back tbob, but as I said before, I had a package returned to me more than 6 months after I considered it LONG GONE. The USPS claimed that it happens often.

Good luck.
robert

Old 12-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

but as a type collector I need both background colors. They come around every now and then...except I've only seen one with any other background than a red one .....later

Old 12-14-2004, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

odds are the package was either lost off a truck or in one of the sorting facilities and/or damaged beyond deliverable or recognizable.>>

Scott the tracking number shows an arrival scan in Little Rock, Arkansas and no departure scan which meant it never left the facility on its final leg to me. So it wasn't lost off a truck. That means either the package was stolen from the UPS facility or lost there. Maybe it was lost although a trace was run and the place was searched supposedly pretty thoroughly because of the amount of the insurance claim, but I lean toward the fact someone stole the package and yes, I do think the cards will surface. This is not akin to the situation in which a UPS driver kept the package, or delivered it to the wrong address, or it was sent somewhere else in error like ARizona instead of ARkansas. It was scanned in and scanned out of 4 different locations but only in and not out in the 5th. Also the scans in LR were specific of my single package and not a general scan of some packages, which sometimes happens. Had the package had a departure scan out of LR and then was lost, I would agree with you. Under the circumstances, I think they are going to wind up on ebay in the future, hopefully still in their GAI slabs although if the thief knows anything about anything, he'll pop them out and sell them raw or submit them to another grading company. We'll see....

Old 12-14-2004, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: PASJD

I agree that the package likely was stolen. A certain amount of that is inevitable in an organization such as UPS and you just happened to be the unlucky one that day. Let's hope someone does something stupid and you can get a lead.