NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-30-2015, 05:04 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Default WSSCA Summer Convention May 30 & 31 Shoreline, WA

Mark your calendars....for anyone in the NW who's never been, this is a great show. Many board members set up and attend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Poster2.jpg (47.0 KB, 372 views)
Old 04-30-2015, 11:04 PM

I wouldn't miss this for anything. Where else can you have a legitimate shot at finding vintage Seattle Rainiers memorabilia (like popcorn cards, pennants, photos, etc). Also lots of Obaks, Zeenuts, T206's and other pre-war.

There are always several knowledgeable dealers and fellow collectors (including several board members) that are quite willing to share their knowledge and have great conversations with.

It may be the only show in the great Pacific NW, but it's a good one!
Old 05-02-2015, 10:10 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Chez Fallen

I missed my twice annual night in the Fallen guest room last November , but I won't be missing it later this month.
I am so much looking forward to the show, the game (I got some sweet tix for the Mariners game Saturday night) and the hospitality at my favorite Swedish Chef's house!

WSSCA show should be great as always. The guests and dealers are a blast to visit with so I can hardly wait. I hope to see a few of the n54 Pac NW guys up there!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:25 AM
Larry Moe

I'll be there for sure, great show.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:11 AM
pariah1107

One of the best shows in the country, with some of the most knowledgeable collectors in the hobby. Looking to finish my '58, '59, '61, & '69 football sets, and as always keeping an eye out for central Washington sports; from baseball to hydroplanes on Lake Chelan. See you there....
Old 05-05-2015, 10:43 AM
David McDonald

Exactly what a card show should be like. Great cardboard, great people. Fixing to bop down from British Siberia on Saturday.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:08 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I almost guarantee my wife and I will make this show after we become empty-nesters later this year. It really looks like a lot of fun.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:29 PM
Belltown Vintage

Leon, it's a lot of fun - you will know all the vintage guys who set up. David and I will have a couple of tables again this year. The best part is getting to see all of my friends from the Pac NW, but sales are always good as well.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:32 AM

Luke and I will be set up with some pre-war goodies. There will be loads of other pre-war material from dealers like Mark M., Keith S. and Scott F. Hope to see some Net 54ers at the show (old faces and new!),

Andrew
Old 05-19-2015, 06:08 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

If my schedule wasn't packed that weekend already, I would be there. Will definitely have to hit this next time around...
Old 05-23-2015, 03:01 PM
Mark Macrae

Default Great weekend

Looking forward to seeing the crew next weekend. Should be a typically good show and experience
Old 05-26-2015, 10:09 PM
Larry Moe

Only a few more days until the Seattle card show in Shoreline can't wait.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:51 AM
Luke Lyon

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. I'll have a bunch of t206 (and a few caramel cards). Should be a good time!
Old 05-27-2015, 05:29 PM
Tom Hines

I really enjoyed last years show! I plan to hit it this year on Sunday.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:41 PM

Default Wssca

looking forward to schmoozing with all my friends. always a great show. will try to dig out some gems for everyone, if the rats let me back in the garage! trying to talk Mark into it.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:35 PM
Banned

Is there a good selection of type 1 photos? Might have to make it this year
Old 05-28-2015, 03:48 PM
Mike Blai$dell

Default WSSCA Summer Convention May 30 & 31 Shoreline, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithlyt View Post
looking forward to schmoozing with all my friends. always a great show. will try to dig out some gems for everyone, if the rats let me back in the garage! trying to talk Mark into it.
Looking forward to a great show and catching up with great friends! Keith, I hope the football stuff isn't in that garage!!
Old 05-28-2015, 05:37 PM

Blaisdell - you can look Friday night! we can throw baby bro in first, to keep the rats at bay!

Last edited by keithlyt; 05-28-2015 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:48 PM
Larry Moe

Mark are you going to wear your zeenut shirt?
Old 05-30-2015, 09:44 AM

Default Looking forward to another great show

Looking forward to another great show. The club does a fine job, so if you are anywhere near north Seattle (Shoreline), make this a stop either today or tomorrow. See you-all shortly.

Steve Mitchell
Old 05-30-2015, 09:44 PM

Default WSSCA Show is top-notch

After spending 5 thoroughly enjoyable hours at the spring/summer Washington State Sports Collectors Association show, I would encourage any within reasonable driving distance to make the effort to attend this one or else affirm the fall/winter event is a must, for sure.

New professional signage greets the public in key locations while the show itself features excellent dealers and knowledgeable collectors, making for outstanding conversation - not to mention the opportunity to add to one's collection.

For those who would like a peek at the past as well as the present, WSSCA has a new (to me) website: http://www.wsscaseattle.com/ Check it out - especially the photos from earlier shows.

All around HIGHLY recommended, again.

Steve Mitchell
Old 05-31-2015, 02:15 PM

I agree with Steve - the WSSCA show is not to be missed if at all possible. A couple of years ago I actually asked my daughter to reschedule her birthday celebration so I could attend the show.

The show is a great opportunity to visit with old friends and new, including several Net54 members.

And the cards! The first table I stopped at yielded a hit to my 1947 Centennial Flour Seattle Rainiers Centennial Flour set - I am now down to one card for complete the four-year run of cards.

The second table yielded two hits to by Seattle Popcorn card sets - a 1961 Tillman and a 1966 Rojas. I'm at the point in these sets where new hits are few and far between.

After those two tables, everything else was pure gravy. I picked up a 1924 Seattle Zeenut (Eldred), my first T205 minor league card (Nee Newark), and my first 1917 Collins-McCarthy E-135 (Larry Doyle).

The show is well run and there are many knowledgeable dealers, many of whom are collectors themselves and who are quite happy to talk and share information. Again, a show well worth the effort to go to.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:21 AM
Bill Cohon

Wish I could have attended. See you all at the next one. Be well!
Old 06-01-2015, 03:45 PM

another great show. thanks to all the great people who worked so hard to make this year's event BETTER! great customers, great dealers, great friends. nice to see all those southerners come up from Portland, and the northern clan from B.C. and can't forget the ones who trekked across the mountains. the only questionable event is that I seem to get BamBOOZled every show? need to talk to Andrew about that.

Last edited by keithlyt; 06-01-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Mark Macrae

Default My 20 cents on the show

Another great show and KUDOS to the promoters....Picked up some stuff, came back many pounds lighter (at least the car did), and managed to avoid being attacked by the killer rats in Keith's garage.....Managed to salvage a stack of PCL Exhibits, but it looks like I was too late for the'10's era football programs... but who collects those anyway... Great to see a solid crowd on Saturday... Those who could not to attend for whatever reasons will never know how much stuff they missed or the fun that was had by all (well, all but one ) I avoided the Big Bamboo for another trip, and after seeing the crew on Sunday, I made the right choice...Will forget mentioning someone if I try to name the regulars (not intentionally) , but thanks to the several dozen that helped make my Northwest trip a great time and success. See you all in the Fall...