NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 10-18-2018, 11:19 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post

Should this be a 4 or 5? I think not.
You have a very valid point, but this is why all grading no matter how detailed will always be subjective. You can have technical grading going into eye appeal as a guide, but eye appeal / extent of scruitny is always going to be subjective and will vary from person to person.

Personally, I would agree with you - no way that card should be less than a 6. But there are folks out there who will argue that no card should ever get a break on a technical flaw - even if only visible under magnification. Which collector is correct?
Old 10-25-2018, 02:31 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer1999 View Post
You are right. I probably gave him to much of a chance but I was trying to get the card returned. When that failed I filed the 'Not as Described ' with Ebay and his answer to EBay is in my previous post.
Now , per Ebay I try and negotiate (already tried) and contact them about the opened case on the 20th if issue not resolved.

I'm working thru this the best I can using feedback here as a guide. I probably need a little lawyer sitting on my shoulder telling me what to do.
Any updates on this?
Old 10-26-2018, 03:23 PM
D0NN1E B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
I think it's at least a possibility that the grader was not considering that to be a crease, but an original flaw in the card stock. I've seen this before, particularly on the back of '57 Topps cards - where there appears to be an extremely light "dent" type line in the card. This if I recall was before I had a lot of graded cards, but whatever it was clearly was not a crease. I remember wondering how they would grade.

So no, any PSA-6 should not have a true crease, but I think you may have gotten screwed on a technicality. If it really bothers you and you don't get anywhere with eBay or Paypal (I would bet that you do) then see if PSA will "pay out under the terms of their grading guarantee..." as I've heard Mr. Hall say before. If nothing else it is questionable. It's a shame because that is a nice card (and one I would totally go after, with nice eye appeal but for a hidden flaw...although I would want more of a PSA-4 type price...)

Good luck.
I think this is right. I believe the flaw was in the original card stock. I just wish it was a little less noticable.

It is still under EBAY review for those interested.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:25 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:

It is still under EBAY review for those interested.
That appears to be a positive sign for you....hopefully it will work out for you.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:28 PM
J!m Be@m

Quote:
The crease is just to the left of the 1 in 1968.. gonna try to upload a snapshot
Is it possible the ebay scan of the reverse is a different card? It not only does not show the crease, it does not show the "black" spots in front of the "R" in Rookie.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:59 PM
D0NN1E B

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56Horsehide View Post
Is it possible the ebay scan of the reverse is a different card? It not only does not show the crease, it does not show the "black

" spots in front of the "R" in Rookie.
It's the same card.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:02 PM
D0NN1E B

Update:
EBay sided with me on this claim and the card was put back in the mail today using EBays shipping label. The way I read it, I will be credited when package indicates delivered.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:07 PM
Garth Guibord

Great news. Glad it worked out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk